NEurope
EchoDesiato

Mario Strikers Charged Football

I set up my Wii last night what with the release of R Evil 4 drawing nearer and thought I would give the Striker Cup another shot now that I have my memory card and to my relief the memory card trick worked. I now had the ability to save my progress and then if I got beat to start from where I saved from. Needless to say I got the cup and now the game is full finished as I beat the challenges a while back. Back on the shelf it goes while I await for the arrival of R Evil.

I tried the memory card trick. To my surprise I never did find out if it worked.

I finally got this game (couldn't refuse for £14). I like it when its all crazy and frantic. Shall be playing online once I get some more experience at it.

I played with some friends offline and seriously online will never beat offline, it's cool to be able to play with people from across the world but being with your friends next to you is just pure awesome. Great fun.

I don't have any friends :(

Although speaking of. Multiplayer, do you need the nunchuck? Because the box says you don't (or at least its not pictured).

Hero - What's this memory card trick you speak of? Strikers cup can be absolutely crucifying!

Hero - What's this memory card trick you speak of? Strikers cup can be absolutely crucifying!

Save & Quit tournament - go to wii menu, copy save to SD card, play next game. If you lose then copy save from SD card and try again (Note: May lose WiFi data).

Save & Quit tournament - go to wii menu, copy save to SD card, play next game. If you lose then copy save from SD card and try again (Note: May lose WiFi data).

What he said!

You basically just keep reloading and copying until you win the tourny but doing this wipes your friendcode, you will get a new one each time you copy your data.

;496535]I don't have any friends :(

Although speaking of. Multiplayer' date=' do you need the nunchuck? Because the box says you don't (or at least its not pictured).[/quote']

You do. Unless you can play only as the goalie o.O

7 bloody games today... 7 bloody ppl turning off their wiis! :mad: stupid if you ask me grrr!

Right, played this game a bit online, not really played it offline, and i have to say thats its total trash atm. Whats the point if the hammer bro dude can't be stopped. It just stupid. Hes impossible to tackle and scores everytime with his ability. He can just take on eveyone and score, everytime. Whats worse is that almost eveyone does it.

I am not stupid and have tried numerous things to tackle him. I have tried shadowing him and waiting on an opportunity etc but in the end you can never tackle him. When you have no choice but to commit your player because he is charging he can use his ability again crippling your player! What is the point tbh. I personally don't know how to counter this, i doubt there is a way. They should patch it so he can't activate his ability while charging, which would solve the problem, but i doubt they will do that.

Solution or thoughts?

Solution or thoughts?

Have someone with decent defence, run towards Hammer Bro, when he jumps run away, when he lands shake the remote.

Works most times. Then I just go and fake past their keeper when they try it.

Try to have a player near the hammer bros when you have understood that the oponent is going to try the charging super ability.With this player(if he is good defender and speedy player you have more chances to stop him) try to avoid hammer bros efforts to smash you by make movement.When the hammer bros lands on the field try immediatelly to tackle him with your player.Remember the right Timing is the most important.

I have done it many times and it works!At start maybe is little difficult but when you feel the Right timing it will be easy.

My opinion is that is easy to stop theHmmer Bros super ability but you cant stop the Dry Bones Moves..Especially when the opponents uses 3!! Dry Bones and a Speedy Captain.If they know how to play they ll use always the objectives and ll make the suber ability of dry bones to score..This is so Boring they dont make any shoots..only the Dry bones Super shoot..Also they score with Dry bones by going near the keeper and press D pad to go throug him and score..This cant be stopped when they have so speedy palyers and good defenders..Its so boring..Some players cant understand that this game is so fun when you try to play with various Tactics and not with onlu 1 or only 2 tactics..there are many more..

Really, this is the problem of Nintendo online. All this "hidden depth" in their games (Snaking in Mario Kart, Techniques in Smash Bros, Faking in Strikers) are a big thing in Nintendo games, and massively improve normal multiplayer. Shove online into the mix and the hidden depth creates massive problems.

The thing that makes Nintendo's multiplayer great is the thing that ruins their online.

So, to be fair, they've got a reason for not putting a massive amount of effort into online - their games don't suit it too well.

So, to be fair, they've got a reason for not putting a massive amount of effort into online - their games don't suit it too well.

I largely agree with what you said , but this problem is not really a Nintendo exclusive. I have experienced similar problems when I used to be on XBL , glitching on motogp (before that, was the ultimate online experience) , and money plays on Madden are two examples that spring to mind immediately.

Unfortunately , online gaming on whatever platform is always going to be open to abuse and thats the main reason why I consider it over-rated and rarely bother. Recent experiences on Strikers have reminded me why.

I punish hammer bros players severely, it's so obvious when they're gonna do it, even if I miss first time Dry Bones will batter them next time they attempt it.

If anyone's overpowered in Strikers, it's Dry Bones. Amazing movement and tackling, brilliant skillshot and a dodge that can go through the keeper.

If anyone's overpowered in Strikers, it's Dry Bones. Amazing movement and tackling, brilliant skillshot and a dodge that can go through the keeper.

Not to mention the special "sweet spots" on the pitch for his faking move. (which means an automatic goal).

I've almost worked out the exact "sweet spot" for Boo's skilshot. His skillshot can score from right near the half-way line if you do that. If you get the position wrong, and shoot from somewhere else near the half-way line then you'll stun the keeper.

Also, Boo is the easiest sidekick for faking the keeper.

Edit:

Note to self: Work out "sweet spot" for Boo's half-charged shot. There's a certain position where his half-charged shot will lob over the keeper every time.

I prefer playing multiplayer then the main game tbh, haven't really got very far into it, because i think having two players or playing online makes it much more fun!

My brother is as good as me, so the matches are extremely frantic.

Hate football but still loving this....odd.

Anyone have any tips on beating Diddy "Freaking" Kong in the Crystal Cup Final. I can get there, winning both the Golden Boot and the Brick wall no trouble, but as soon as I face up against Diddy he just keeps knocking the goals in. The best I have done is 2-1 losses winning the second game.

I use Bowser as Captain, along with Koopa, Dry Bones and Hammer Bros.

I got this game a week ago, and havn't had real fun with it yet. I played multiplayer on- and offline and the first two cups. But I don't think it's fun at all, did any of you feel the same to begin with?

But I don't think it's fun at all, did any of you feel the same to begin with?

To put it mildly you are kind of screwed then. IMO it was fun to begin with , but in truth the more you play it (particularly online) the less fun it becomes , such is the amount of cheap/cheat tactics that are employed in around 75-80% of the games.

To put it mildly you are kind of screwed then. IMO it was fun to begin with , but in truth the more you play it (particularly online) the less fun it becomes , such is the amount of cheap/cheat tactics that are employed in around 75-80% of the games.

I'm the opposite of you I didn't like it at first because of the cheaters but then I got better so can beat them and it has become a really fun game even against cheaters because it tends to be close.

To put it mildly you are kind of screwed then. IMO it was fun to begin with , but in truth the more you play it (particularly online) the less fun it becomes ,

Im with PM on this one. When I first got it I thought it was great but then after a while the single player became tedious, especially the cheap way it sends you right back to the start of the cup if you lose just to hide the fact that there isnt much length to the single player game.

Online wise I only played for abit due to either people complaining about the cheap tactics or the fact that too many people DC when they are getting beat. I do admit I like playing multiplayer locally though. I had all my mates around the other week and we had loads of 4 player matches and it was hilarious, good times were had and I think this is where Nintendo games come into their own not with Online modes but when you have mates around you.

Bring on Smash Bros!

Ah, this thread is alive again. I'll join in on the fun.

I got Strikers a month ago. Have enjoyed it immensely. Though the enjoyment you get out of it changes. I went through three stages:

First impression stage: you fired up the game, learning the basics. Laugh like crazy and wonder why the keeper keeps blocking your goals. You hard score a goal. Once you do, you jump in the air for joy.

Decent player stage: you got to grips with the game, you figured out some tactics on how to score a goal, like Dry bones' skill shot: Skill shot -> rebound. You think you're invincible and head to the online matches.

It's only then that you realize how much hidden depth there is to the game. How annoying the Hammer bros can be, you wonder how Toad can jump over the keeper and how come Dry Bones can roll past the keeper. You go try it yourself and it occasionally works. You feel accomplished when you do.

Pre-expert stage: Having figured how all those little details work, scoring is a piece of cake. You have several tactics up your sleeve and have changed your team a few times to get your perfect formation. You know each captain's and side-kick's strengths and weaknesses. Once you come across such a person, you know how to defend yourself against them. Hammer bros will hardly be a trouble, power players are stopped more often and you do score some 'cheap' goals as well. Heated battles are the results, yet you come across the 'Leaderboards' players and they are just to good to stop and you get frustrated all over again.

So yeah, that's basically what i went through. Im a pretty good player. Those 'cheap' shots are part of the gameplay. Heck, even the CPU knows how to jump over the keeper with Toad or roll past the keeper with Dry bones. Every attack has its weakness. You just have to figure a way to defense yourself against it.

It's true though, that many Nintendo games has hidden depths. That's what makes their games so intriguing. It's accessible, yet hard to master. Bringing those titles online sure will scare away the novice players. Hopefully when Brawl goes online (if at all. Havent heard anything ever since it was announced), they'll find a way to make it enjoyable for novice players.

Planet Puzzle League on DS made it interesting. There's a Novice players wifi mode. Once you've reached a certain rank/accomplishment, you cant play it anymore and you're automatically 'upgraded' to regular wifi modes. Then, there's the leaderboard style wifi mode. Win/loss stats are tracked, each week is one season like Strikers. Finally, there's the Free Battle. Play against anyone, but Win/Loss stats are not counted. You dont find any bad losers there. Maybe because there's nothing to 'win'. Its an excellent system, it indirectly separates the novice and expert players.

Any online game's biggest problem are bad losers. They disconnect once they're losing or have lost. In Strikers, the winner won't get their deserved win record, only the scored goals are added to you total points. The bad loser apparently has 5 points deducted from the total. The punishment isnt enough though, since the lost record didnt count and that's their main purpose: keeping a clean win/lose sheet.

I like how the Clubhouse House game on DS did their online system. When someone disconnects, you have a choice to have a CPU player to replace the one. It's less annoying and you can still get your win record.

Anyway, back to Strikers. i've seen those WFC activity stats on Gonintendo, you do see the numbers dropping. Could it be because of novice players being scared by the expert player's game? I wonder...

Still, im loving Strikers more then I ever thought I would.

PS: sorry for the long post :P