NEurope
EchoDesiato

Mario Strikers Charged Football

Just bought the game earlier today, its not bad but I got owned when I tried one or two games online! Of course, it was only because of the lag :heh:

Seriously though, does anyone else get bad lag when playing? Even though I have really fast broadband there was noticable lag, felt like I was back on dial-up again :nono: .

I hate this game, i can't find a decent team to use in the single player and my possesion always sucks...

I can't even beat the second cup and i've tried 3 different teams.

Try all defencive.

Just bought the game earlier today, its not bad but I got owned when I tried one or two games online! Of course, it was only because of the lag :heh:

Seriously though, does anyone else get bad lag when playing? Even though I have really fast broadband there was noticable lag, felt like I was back on dial-up again :nono: .

Yeh I also had some very bad lag. I don't know what thats about to be honest:shakehead

ok heres the easy ways to score that i have seen (and i hate most of them).

most people play with the hammer bros. smash untill everything is smashed then charge up and shoot. 95% its a goal if you know out the keeper with the hammers.

Mario/Luigi become large and charge up megastrike (unstopable).

waluigi and hist bastered purple thing, make a box around you and do megastrike

keep the ball in the air and volly after 6-8 passes.

ps. i love the laser stage.

Mario/Luigi become large and charge up megastrike (unstopable)

Well, unless you tackle them while they are on the megastrike bar...

Well, unless you tackle them while they are on the megastrike bar...

Or you can slide tackle them to trip them up ;)

I find it wierd that one day I do abysmal, I lose every match in the Strikers cup having to restart all the time. Then the next day I'm in the final knockout stages which I lose anyway...

This game irritates me.

This game isn't irriating, its just plain unfair.

Sometimes theres no way to win because the AI just seems constantly one step ahead of you.

Also, I FUCKING HATE BIRDO, SO FUCKING MUCH. I just lost the Crystal Cup final vs Diddy mother fucking Kong 2-1 to him. RUGHAHSJDAS FUCKING ****.

How is this game supposed to be fun when all it does is constantly drag you through the mud every fucking time you try to play it! Where the hell is the fucking RETRY button?!

Has anyone bothered to read the instruction book? Found a 'new' move in it a while back, which is, shake the nunchunk while someone is charging up for a mega-strike, and it will make their bar shake, making it more difficult for them to get good results. I have been using it in online matches but it doesn't seem to have much, if any effect at all.

Has anyone bothered to read the instruction book? Found a 'new' move in it a while back, which is, shake the nunchunk while someone is charging up for a mega-strike, and it will make their bar shake, making it more difficult for them to get good results. I have been using it in online matches but it doesn't seem to have much, if any effect at all.

It's strange, I have known about this since the first day I got the game and yet I have never remembered to try it, nor has anyone ever tried it on me!

Just ordered this game, never got the gamecube version, though this looks like a bit of fun, even if it's not as good as Mario Tennis.

Just ordered this game, never got the gamecube version, though this looks like a bit of fun, even if it's not as good as Mario Tennis.

You'll fucking love it :D

Who does everyone use as their captain then? I tend to use mario, mainly because i LOVE his celebrations! the best one is:

*clappa clappa clappa* ...IT MARIO TIME!

Waluigi. Love his music, special (when I do it right), and the "Want the ball? Here!" celebration.

I knew about it, however when I scanned through the booklet it didnt register what to do.

If you had watched me play, before I know now about this, I would be furiously shaking both the wiimote and the nunchuk while I had done a megastrike, thinking it would be difficult for the person to save it...

Now that I think of it I must have looked a fool.

I think I must be getting better, I'm actually doing quite well in the Striker's cup, I was third before I switched it off.

Ha would you look at that..I'm first.

Edit: lost in the first round of the knockouts...:angry:

Has anyone figured out how to stop Toad from jumping over their goalkeeper yet? It's annoying, especially when there is two of them!

Has anyone figured out how to stop Toad from jumping over their goalkeeper yet? It's annoying, especially when there is two of them!

Unfortunately the only way seems to be by having a Dry Bones or Toad near the goal line , ready to slide tackle the jumper.

Yes I am guilty of using the Toad a little bit ;) , but I am also wondering if the game has been patched.

The reason is , on my last few games I have had a few successful leaps over the goalie but for some reason Toad stops dead on the line (no opposing players near , or power-ups used) and it seems that the only successful jumps involve the use of the mushroom.

Anyone else experiencing this or is there actually another way of defending this that I just still ain't sussed ?

* I suppose that'll teach me for trying to score the occassional cheap goal *

Has anyone managed to complete the Strikers cup? I've pretty much given up now after numerous attempts but always losing in the final! :mad:

Done all of the challenges now though, well apart from the Yoshi one. I don't think I'll ever be able to complete it, I hate not being able to run on the sides of the pitch because of the sand, makes finding enough space for shots almost impossible. :shakehead

Thank God for the online mode.

Just got the game, I really suck at it, bum I'm loving it. When I get a little better I'l post my friend code.

Is it wrong for me to still be getting the 98020 error code? i wanna play online but not having any luck

I'm getting a little better at this but I still suck.

Is anyone else having an issue with getting the 'connection lost' message just before you win a game? At first i just thought that a genuine connection lost had happened, but now i'm starting to get the impression that the other person is doing it on purpuse to avoid getting a loss. For example i was playing a ranked match with a person who has not lost a game, it was in the last few seconds and it was 1-1, i got a orange megastrike and scored 3 goals from it, suddenly connection lost happened.... It ent the first time it has happened to me either.

Is anyone else having an issue with getting the 'connection lost' message just before you win a game? At first i just thought that a genuine connection lost had happened, but now i'm starting to get the impression that the other person is doing it on purpuse to avoid getting a loss. For example i was playing a ranked match with a person who has not lost a game, it was in the last few seconds and it was 1-1, i got a orange megastrike and scored 3 goals from it, suddenly connection lost happened.... It ent the first time it has happened to me either.

It's funny how people disconnect, it just happened to me then. You actually lose points for disconnecting, but I guess the people who do it don't know that

Well I've got the game now, bought it on Friday and spent most of the weekend on it... played multiplayer mainly so I haven't managed to unlock anything through the main game just yet.

...it's OK, but nothing special in my eyes. I still rate Zelda, Wii Sports and SSX Blur above it, out of the games I own. But it's worth the purchase!