NEurope
EchoDesiato

Mario Strikers Charged Football

Welldone to Mario Strikers: Charged Football for getting at no3 in the uk charts. :)

1 1 SPIDER-MAN 3 VICARIOUS VISIONS ACTIVISION ACTIVISION

- 2 PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN: AT WORLD'S END EUROCOM ENTERTAINMENT DISNEY INTERACTIVE STUDIOS DISNEY INTERACTIVE STUDIOS

- 3 MARIO STRIKERS CHARGED FOOTBALL NEXT LEVEL GAMES NINTENDO NINTENDO

2 4 COMMAND & CONQUER 3: TIBERIUM WARS EA LA EA GAMES ELECTRONIC ARTS

3 5 TIGER WOODS PGA TOUR 07 EA REDWOOD SHORES EA SPORTS ELECTRONIC ARTS

Since when did Nintendo own the rights to Monty Mole?

Last time I saw him was on the old C64.

Different Mole I believe. Monty is just his English name. Not entirely sure where it's written that every Mole has to be called Monty but there it is at any rate.

Monty Mole is a great character, my favorite sidekick in mario strikers. :D

I'll use my mole tactics to ensure my victory.

Wohoo, finally beat the Crystal Cup, now for some online fun

We got this traded in at the store im covering. With discount it would be £23. Should I?

;456969]We got this traded in at the store im covering. With discount it would be £23. Should I?

Offcourse.Playing online is fun* and I play it all the time.And from the online thread I see others do aswell.Plus you can always enter the tourney' date='if anything that should be enough for you wanting the game :heh:

*apart from the errors

;456969"]We got this traded in at the store im covering. With discount it would be £23. Should I?

At that price you can't go wrong.

It's a solid multiplayer game with great online play. When it's working.....

He is in Super mario world right?

Ah Rokhed remember monty on the run on the C64 with music by Rob Hubbard - a classic :bouncy: (showing my age now lol).

Wohoo, finally beat the Crystal Cup, now for some online fun

Me too. It was a breeze after doing the challenges.

Holy crap, I can't even begin to describe the adrenaline rush I felt whilst playing online earlier. I'll put my friend code in the appropriate thread :P

It took me 5 hours to find a copy though! Gah!

It was a breeze after doing the challenges.
I'm seriously struggling with the challenges, can't do the Yoshi one where you've got to come back from 5 - 0.

Every time I get the ball Wario seems to develop light speed movement and starts doing that bloody "butt smash" move like there's no tomorrow! Then when I finally manage to do a mega strike (even a perfect orange one) Wario's keeper saves every god damn shot! :mad:

Strikers cup is also proving to be very annoying, the developers have clearly tried to cover the games relatively short single player mode by just making it extremely difficult. Would be more annoying were it not for the online mode, which is obviously the main focus of this game.

Would be more annoying were it not for the online mode, which is obviously the main focus of this game.

I think you're right. It was practically the only thing shown in the TV ads.

;456969"]We got this traded in at the store im covering. With discount it would be £23. Should I?

Who the hell would trade it in after only 4 days?

...guess that don't have wifi in their house maybe

Or another person who can play the game. Multiplayer is great fun.

People get bored very quickly?

We had a Virtual Tennis 3 on the PS3 traded in before midday on the PS3 release day.

Thas actually disappointing... so i will not be able to play with family or Freinds in the States?

What are the various regions for Wii?

Yeah it is a real shame.. when the japanese version is released I won't be able too play anyone on here. :(

I'm seriously struggling with the challenges, can't do the Yoshi one where you've got to come back from 5 - 0.

Alot of the challenges are down to luck. If all you have to do is win what I tend to do is get the first goal and then keep the ball next to the back wall. When the computer comes for that character I run into my own keeper who grabs the ball off me, then I just hold it for a bit and throw it back out. Rinse and repeat :)

It is a boring tactic but some of the later challenges are insane and this works pretty well.

Alot of the challenges are down to luck. If all you have to do is win what I tend to do is get the first goal and then keep the ball next to the back wall. When the computer comes for that character I run into my own keeper who grabs the ball off me, then I just hold it for a bit and throw it back out. Rinse and repeat :)

It is a boring tactic but some of the later challenges are insane and this works pretty well.

Yeah that's what I've been trying to do in the Strikers Cup too, although it has a tendency to backfire as your keepers AI seems to deteriorate on the higher difficulty levels so sometimes you end up scoring an own goal! :heh:

so does anyone know any tips and tricks for this game.

the only thing i do or try to do is to pass the ball to the person on the other team hit em then do a maga strike......... it doesnt realy work most of the time but it sounds good.

oh and another thing can any one get online, its working better today but it keeps cutting off

one more thing, can you aim the ball or sort of "curve" it when shooting.

cus it seems like its mostly down luck

one more thing, can you aim the ball or sort of "curve" it when shooting.

cus it seems like its mostly down luck

That's a good question, I'm pretty sure that the direction you hold the analogue stick at when you press B is the way the ball will curve, but I might be wrong.

Ah Rokhed remember monty on the run on the C64 with music by Rob Hubbard - a classic :bouncy: (showing my age now lol).

Oh yes, Rob Hubbard was a legend.

Oh yes, Rob Hubbard was a legend.

Martin Galway was good too! : peace:

Don't know if this has been covered but when my friends hosts an online game I can select any character I want. Like Piranha, Diddy Kong, ... even though neither he nor me unlocked it. On the other hand the person who hosts the game just has the character he unlocked available.

My favourite move for online play is jumping over the enemy goalkeeper with toad :)

Anyone else noticed that those high but slow shots (I am sorry I don't know the proper english word for it) to shoot over the goalkeeper doesn't hit as often as in the GC version.