NEurope
EchoDesiato

Mario Strikers Charged Football

God damn, i finally get home from work, had to sort out some "issues" with my motorbike, trying to rush so i can play this game, finally do, go through the training thing to get used to it, hammer the CPU in some Cup matches and try to go online and "ERROR GETTING STATS" .... GGRRRRRRGGGGGRRRRRRRRRR

Only reason i got this was for the online :cry:

Why Nintendo, why to you joy in building up our hopes and every now and then decide to leave them go unfulfilled

Ah that's the seem error as me.Was dying to get online with it since it's a big reason for i'm buying it.I've had to play offline for ages :cry:

Looks like Penny Arcade loved the game:

We came away from the event almost dumbstruck by Super Mario Strikers Charged, though. The last panel of the strip is from our first time playing it, where shells and fire rebuffed our attempts to simply intuit its mysteries. Our second time, after Gabriel had been coached in its intricacies and we added GameLife's Chris Kohler to our squad, we couldn't stop playing the fucking thing. We could have added another person, even - you can play four against the machine - but we weren't leaving the couch to find somebody. The basic mechanic involved passing the ball around to build up the eponymous charge on it, which increases its chance of scoring a goal. It's a very basic sort of "hot potato" mechanic that is extremely exciting in its execution. Waggling in this one is fairly light - as a game that wants its sports elements taken seriously, Wii-centric controls happen only when a) you want to physically strike a player, which is done by moving toward the "enemy" and swinging the remote, or b) when you are defending your goal against a special shot, an airborne barrage of goal attempts. I worried about this last one, as the rest of the game is so precise, but it's great - and here's how it works: like a light-gun shooter, you use the goalie's hands to block incoming shots as they approach. The excellent twist is that the goalkeeper is selected from the players on your team - seemingly at random, so you never know who has the responsibility. And since these super shots can score multiple goals, it's a huge Goddamn deal. I'm dying to own it, primarily for co-op play in the game's tournament cups - I don't know if I'll ever even get to the online portion, easily the most elaborate on the platform.

Yeah, this really makes Nintendo look very unprofessional. Let’s hope we can still play online later tonight…

Yeah, this really makes Nintendo look very unprofessional. Let’s hope we can still play online later tonight…

We better.I'm desperate to go online.I bet the only reason whe got an online game first is so they can test everything out and fix the errors for the US and Japan(Pokemon doesn't count...)

I'm desperate to get online, my goal drought is over! been hammering the computer!

I want to mention that when Pes6 online released for the Pc's the problems with the servers were very Big and not only for the first day but for a longer period..Of course Pes is far more popular than Mario stikers across the europe but the fact that we have already problems to connect shows that this title already has became a Hit across Europe..of course Nintendo must do sth about this situation but the unexpected popularity of a game which had released for the gamecube first and did not so good i think is a Plus for nintendo..

wot was the lowest rank anybody was on the ranked games? would give an indication of sales figures...when I first connected I was 6856!

8000 and something. Take into account extra Miis though, but it's still a high number. Gonna get onto Gears now, my sister's still watching TV.

Well: Even WoW had Server problems for a longer period of time which was because they weren't prepared for that mass of gamers (of course we are talking of diffent things here but it just means Nintendo underestimated this and that probably means that Mario Strikers Charged Football has good sales)...

Wow this is actually really good. Still have to get used to it. The intro is amazing too but not quite as clear as mario power tennis... Music is hilarious in a good way

Too bad about the problems, I'm getting the game myself tomorrow, first some singleplayer but I definetly wanna go online, hope they fix it soon.

I guess it was to be suspected as with anything going online at first.

Forgot to mention this yesterday, but anyone else noticed that your stats screen at the end of each match is displayed on a DSlite? :heh:

Can't say I noticed any real problems with the online.

Takes a while to find a game, but it works OK.

damn still can't get online... i was playing the fire cup and i pwned the CPU i was starting to worry the AI might be very poor... then i played the crystal cup, and damn i was beaten like an egg going into an omlete

damn still can't get online... i was playing the fire cup and i pwned the CPU i was starting to worry the AI might be very poor... then i played the crystal cup, and damn i was beaten like an egg going into an omlete

Exact same thing happened to me. I thought I was going to tan it and then the AI just went up a notch and destroyed me so I had to change the way I played.

First time I tried the Fire cup I got beaten quite badly. Restarted it with DK and won all 6 matches.

Really had fun winning 13-3 where some of the goals were scored by non uber powerful shots.

Forgot to mention this yesterday, but anyone else noticed that your stats screen at the end of each match is displayed on a DSlite? :heh:

Yeah I thought that...

Music is hilarious in a good way
I seriously love most of the music in this game, such a funky soundtrack! :yay:

Shame there isn't that much of it though and most of it is just short loops.

The classroom stage is one of my favorites, really like the chilled out samba on the pause menu too, Luigi's flamenco style theme song is awesome, and I think the invincibility star loop is probably the best rendition of it ever.

The music that plays on the disc channel and on the replays is also superb, sounds kind of familiar to me though… Reckon the musicians were listening to Diana Ross? :wink:

Speaking of the audio, anyone think they should have included commentary in this game? I didn't really pay that much attention to it at first (what with this not being your average footie game) but I reckon it probably would have been quite cool.

Imagine the commentary to Wario's fart move. :laughing:

i was playing the fire cup and i pwned the CPU i was starting to worry the AI might be very poor... then i played the crystal cup, and damn i was beaten like an egg going into an omlete
Same thing happened to me! Really jumps up in difficulty ey?

I tanned the computer in the fire cup,got through the first round in crystal cup ok,the final was just woah.I had no time to mega strick or charge shots and what's worse is I kept losing players cause of that damn course and the other team kept tackling me into the electric fence.They become really brutal...

and what's worse is I kept losing players cause of that damn course
I'm not a fan of the windy stage (especially online) in one game all of my players got blown away and I was left with just the keeper for a while! ::shrug:

Still, the flying cow makes up for it, helluva funny. :grin:

The crystal stage can be annoying too, with its tendency to abduct players.

I'm not a fan of the windy stage (especially online) in one game all of my players got blown away and I was left with just the keeper for a while! ::shrug:

FLYING COW FTW!!!

I don't like the crystal stage it just gets on my nerves. I have never had my team been blown away by the wind though.

I love the windy stage. The flying cow had me laughing quite a lot. The'res other flying objects aswell. I love knocking people off the edge, I think I had DK left with the other players keeper once. :grin:

I find the tractor a very random thing to have there.

It's my favourite course online tho, even tho I still havent played all the "interactive" ones yet. I think the fact that you can loose any number of players at any minute makes it very excitin, especially in sudden death :heh: