NEurope
EchoDesiato

Mario Strikers Charged Football

Awesome game anyone considering it get it!

I just got my ass spanked online!

Won the first game 2-1, then in the second and third games lost 8-2! he managed a few mega strikes and got them spot on so they so fast!

Mario Kart: Double Dash!!, GameCube GBA Player, Wario Ware: Smooth Moves, Heatseeker, Kororinpa and Wii Play we got first, too.

I just descovered "volleys". Quite handy.

Didn't Japan get Mario Kart: DD first? I remember importing it around October 5th and it came out in Europe in the November.

Didn't Japan get Mario Kart: DD first? I remember importing it around October 5th and it came out in Europe in the November.

Ah. Well, before the US got them, then.

Just played someone from NGamer (the UK mag) 1-0, 0-3, 0-3. (they were home). Tough matches, but I won. Only 1 megastrike in the whole thing - Luckily saved by me. Virtually all my goals were volleys (bar Boo's fantastic charged shot). Theres was a hammer bros shot.

Has anyone beat those last 2 challenges yet and if so any tips? They really are quite hard.

Just a quick one: Has anyone else had their nunchuck "resetting" while playing this game (single player and online)? I'll try another nunchuck from now on, but I never had a problem with if before.

Should be getting this game in the post today. I have all my stuff delivered to work but I'm working from home today so wish I'd got it sent here instead. Getting my other half to collect from work but then we are off to a wedding and not back until Sunday so won't get to play it until then. Bummer - glad to hear it's a cool game anyway.

Just a quick one: Has anyone else had their nunchuck "resetting" while playing this game (single player and online)? I'll try another nunchuck from now on, but I never had a problem with if before.

You mean as in...it asking you to check its attached, because yes I have once...

You mean as in...it asking you to check its attached, because yes I have once...

Nope, as in the analogue stick resetting it's neutral position.

no idea why Nintendo Japan still not got a release date. :(

I don't either it is wierd...football is pretty big there.

no idea why Nintendo Japan still not got a release date. :(

Well, this is one of those cases that I have been talking about. Game was made originally in english, and translating it to japanese does take some time. It really works both ways. :)

football is pretty big there.

*Imagines crazy Japanese game show with 10 foot tall footballs rolling in an arena*

Really liking the game. However of the 3 normal matches I've played, the oppositions captain got some special move. Yoshi roling in his egg, Luigi getting bigger. I got one with donkey kong, he smashes the ground. (Funny goal that was)

With Mario I didn't get it once.

Well, this is one of those cases that I have been talking about. Game was made originally in english, and translating it to japanese does take some time. It really works both ways. :)

Heh I agree, no offence but they take the piss making us wait, why cant they hang on for once!

This is a rarity really, savour it lads!

Heh I agree, no offence but they take the piss making us wait, why cant they hang on for once!

This is a rarity really, savour it lads!

Isn't it because Europeans (overall, not excluding others countries who obviously love football) are more football fans then say...USA, where they have American football instead?

To me, thats the only reason we got it first. Nintendo just thought it made sense to release a football game where football is most popular!

Releasing Mario Strikers in USA first would be like releasing a baseball game here first wouldn't it? Some Europeans love it, but the majority aren't huge fans.

Still watch US prove me wrong when it sells by the bucketload! :laughing:

:)

Still not arrived from Amazon yet - muppets. Glad I paid extra for that 1st class postage. Guess I won't get it until Tuesday now. At least I treated myself to Eledees the other day so will have something to play.

Had a go at this at Jordan's. Tbh, i prefer the cube one, except for the fact this has online. The cube one was just much more fast-paced, and the music wasn't like elevator music.

I am reliably informed that I have an Amazon package waiting on my doormat for me :yay:

Shame I'm not going to get home until at least 11 tonight :nono:

Gekko - since I've got mine, I'd guess yours would turn up tomorrow. Did yours get shipped yesterday too?

EDIT: But you got it sent to work - d'oh!

Do not, I repeat, do not play this game when either stoned and/or drunk.

Taken me about two hours to win one game.

Is Boo just a side character? He looks cool on the box-art. How good is he/what does he do?

Can you select more than 1 side character then?

Is Boo just a side character? He looks cool on the box-art. How good is he/what does he do?

Can you select more than 1 side character then?

He's a 'sidekick'. You can select all of your team now. So you have a captain as in the original, three sidekicks, and that crocodile thing for your goalkeeper.

So you could have Mario as your captain say, and then fill the team with Boos (as I know you would) :D

Got my copy this morning, excellent game, will post my friend code when i have sorted my wifi out.