NEurope
EchoDesiato

Mario Strikers Charged Football

When it comes to buying games, I only trust myself (egocentricity ahoy!). I just go buy the game in the shops. Ordering it online and shipping and the like are too many "if"'s. Ofcourse, living in Belgium, you're never quite sure if they send you the English of French version. Normally this isn't a problem, IF they bother to read the order properly. And where I live, I'm quite literaly surrounded by gameshops. I could not not see games on sale even if I tried. :grin:

Anyway...

The MegaStrikes are quite useless against other human players, they're so easy to block!

Depends, really. Iy you manage to get your line on the speedscale just right, I pity the keeper on the recieving end. Unless they have some kind of spider-sense. Either that, or I'm just rubbish. Probably the latter, though... :wink:

Depends, really. Iy you manage to get your line on the speedscale just right, I pity the keeper on the recieving end. Unless they have some kind of spider-sense. Either that, or I'm just rubbish. Probably the latter, though... :wink:

Doesn't it depends how powered up you get them...

Doesn't it depends how powered up you get them...

I thought the initial charge-up (with the pointer goping from the right to left) had an effect on the amount of balls you fire. When the pointer goes back to the right (rather fast), the closer you get the pointer to the "sweet spot" on the scale, the faster the balls will go and the less time the keeper has to stop them.

I can be wrong, though.

EDIT: the official site seems to confirm this. I don't have the manual right here to doublecheck, though.

I thought the initial charge-up (with the pointer goping from the right to left) had an effect on the amount of balls you fire. When the pointer goes back to the right (rather fast), the closer you get to the "sweet spot", the faster the balls will go and the less time the keeper has to stop them.

I can be wrong, though.

Thats pretty much it right there, not sure if your position makes a difference though. It didnt in the cube version.

Im just about to drop off my final assignment for college and then pick this up as a reward, I dunno why though because Im meant to be in saving mode. It may be something I cannot really afford but this thread has convinced me I want it!!!

Alot of us got it yesterday and are loving it!

Dont say that....I only got paid this week. Which means I have money.

Hmmmmmm.

Is the 1-Player good? General concesus better than Excite Truck? (My fav Wii game so far)

Just got it in the post this morning. Quite miffed because it's a day late and there was a hole/rip in the packet...looks like someone has looked into it. THe outer wrapping of the game was intact but I am really annoyed at this.

I'm gonna have a little play now, got a little bit busy morning.

Hello everyone. Things have been pretty shitty at the moment, so I thought I'd treat myself to a new game, so decided on this.

I also wouldn't mind joining that lovely tournament you guys created.

Awesome Flinky, welcome back.

I've played a few games and I scored 1 non-power up goal which was well played by me I must say. Couple of passes, made some room on the bottom shoots, top corner. Beautiful.

Online seems quite robust and well made. Now to add some codes, :(, and I'll get playing tonight.

Good to see you Flinky!

Hmmm/ Ive got lunch at 12. You folk have got till then to persuade me to get it.

Is it better than Excite Truck (I know they are totally different, but yeah) controls good? Wiimote usage? Thanks!

Just been doing some more of the challenges this morning, just need to beat the last 2. I tell you what, the computer in the Yoshi challenge is a cheating SOB. It took me half an hour to beat that thing purely because everytime I was close to beating it the computer wouldnt give me any power-ups and then started pulling off impossible shots, GIT!

DAMN YOU NOA! argh! I want this game now, it looks so fun!

How is the game? How is the online? Any kind of system update?

OMG i just realised that for the first time in what seems like forever.. we got a game first!

Just remeber that we dont have Super Paper Mario yet... not even a date.. not even a month for release :(

Hey, never knock the fact that we got Minish Cap before everyone

YAAAAAAY!!!!

The game just arrived through the post. I won't be online till later though as i have revision to do :( I'll put up my code later. :D :D :D

There's a small update when you enter the game channel, i have no clue how it works though.

The online is done pretty well, when you choose a ranked match, it takes about 10 sec to find someone, then it shows you the connection based on stars. 4 stars is the best you can get and the game will have no lags. I had a couple of 3 star-matches and there was some slowdown there, but you can accept or reject a match when they show you the connection.

Ranked matches are a best-of-3, though the leaderboard counts every seperate win and awards points for every single match.

And the game itsself? It's HARD!

I tell you what, the computer in the Yoshi challenge is a cheating SOB. It took me half an hour to beat that thing purely because everytime I was close to beating it the computer wouldnt give me any power-ups and then started pulling off impossible shots, GIT!

I had that with the waluigi challenge. The one where you have to score 3 goals within 30 seconds (+overtime), so you basically have to score em with a megastrike. I managed to do that a couple of times, even with 5 shots and orange accuracy and the alligator still stopped 3 of em :( :(

*Still waiting to be convinced to buy*

Help appreciated though guys.

It's a great little game. Online is very fun, and games can change in the blink of an eye. I was losing 3-1 to Flameboy with about a minute to go, and then I made a comeback to win 4-3 (with the fourth coming in sudden death, I think)

Seriously, this is money well spent.

It's a great little game. Online is very fun, and games can change in the blink of an eye. I was losing 3-1 to Flameboy with about a minute to go, and then I made a comeback to win 4-3 (with the fourth coming in sudden death, I think)

Seriously, this is money well spent.

Don't say that, I'm struggling to hold off until Tuesday ._.

OMG i just realised that for the first time in what seems like forever.. we got a game first!

Mario Kart: Double Dash!!, GameCube GBA Player, Wario Ware: Smooth Moves, Heatseeker, Kororinpa and Wii Play we got first, too.

I just descovered "volleys". Quite handy.

Mario Kart: Double Dash!!, GameCube GBA Player, Wario Ware: Smooth Moves, Heatseeker, Kororinpa and Wii Play we got first, too.

I just descovered "volleys". Quite handy.

Yeah your right... but then we have to remeber that the list of games that came out in the USA before Europe would be ten thousand times longer :wink:

Yeah volleys are handy indeed.. you can score quite a few easy goals that way i found.. even from the halfway line!