NEurope
EchoDesiato

Mario Strikers Charged Football

Put it this way, if you loved the Cube version ( like me ) then you will love this version aswell. The reviews are saying that its basically the same but with a few tweaks here and there with the added bonus of an online mode. If this is the case then IMO it is going to be a great game.

Put it this way, if you loved the Cube version ( like me ) then you will love this version aswell. The reviews are saying that its basically the same but with a few tweaks here and there with the added bonus of an online mode. If this is the case then IMO it is going to be a great game.

Yeah but it's one of these tweaks that potentially bothers me, the super strikes were fair enough in the first one, although annoying that you couldn't really save them, but now the Mega Strikes, which having read EDGE again means you can 6 goals, just makes it very unbalanced, you could be winning 5-0 and then lose in the last seconds...I suppose at least you get the chance to save them, although I do wonder how much the saving mini game will disrupt the flow of the game.

I'm going to get it anyway, is just a matter of when really, if I can afford it will pick it up 25th May, if not my girlfriend said she would get it for my birthday on 12th June for me! Just have to hope it is good enough and people havn't stopped playing it by then!

Hell yeah this game is out next week! where has this month gone!

I cant wait to try it out online.. i loved the first one but playing multiplayer against people who are sat with you and who are quite crap ruins the experience

but now the Mega Strikes, which having read EDGE again means you can 6 goals, just makes it very unbalanced, you could be winning 5-0 and then lose in the last seconds...

I don't think that Megastrikes make game unbalanced, because both players have access to them. But yeah, it is little bit stupid that there will be so many goals in single match.

Six goals for a "Mega Strike" sounds a bit ludicrous...? Means online you'll can lose to people who make Liverpool-esque comebacks.

And sure in the Cube one you could turn off the Super Strikes, its bound to be the same in this new one.

You can do megastrikes too, it's not like it's unbalanced.

It depends what you deem as unbalanced, if you were to dominate a game from beginning to end, winning 5 nil and then bang someone gets a mega strike and scores all 6 there is a lot of in justice...it all depends on how easy it is to build up a mega strike...

Also the constant charging of mega strikes may adversely affect the flow of games if they are too often...

Yeah but it's one of these tweaks that potentially bothers me, the super strikes were fair enough in the first one, although annoying that you couldn't really save them, but now the Mega Strikes, which having read EDGE again means you can 6 goals, just makes it very unbalanced, you could be winning 5-0 and then lose in the last seconds...I suppose at least you get the chance to save them, although I do wonder how much the saving mini game will disrupt the flow of the game.

I'm going to get it anyway, is just a matter of when really, if I can afford it will pick it up 25th May, if not my girlfriend said she would get it for my birthday on 12th June for me! Just have to hope it is good enough and people havn't stopped playing it by then!

Hell yeah this game is out next week! where has this month gone!

I cant wait to try it out online.. i loved the first one but playing multiplayer against people who are sat with you and who are quite crap ruins the experience

I don't think that Megastrikes make game unbalanced, because both players have access to them. But yeah, it is little bit stupid that there will be so many goals in single match.

Six goals for a "Mega Strike" sounds a bit ludicrous...? Means online you'll can lose to people who make Liverpool-esque comebacks.

And sure in the Cube one you could turn off the Super Strikes, its bound to be the same in this new one.

Can we expect to see you lot in the N-E Tournament i'm making?

Assuming your getting it about launch :heh:

You know you want too...

I should be able to join, too.

I should be able to join, too.

Awesome :D

I'm currently thinking up of ways so people can get a couple of matches,even when your out the first round.I've got a few ideas for it so far and currently making up a table.

And also good first article Cube!

..I wanna be in.. it's just waiting for me to preorder the game from Play.com..

..something is stopping me from going ahead with that though :hmm:

Some convince me, please...

Some convince me, please...

I have no idea why I've preordered it (or why I'm even interested in the game), so I can't convince you.

Same to you.

You know you want too...

I do, but I'm incredibly short on money, so I'm not sure.

About the goals, it's exactly the same thing as if you didn't have megashots or wtvr, you can score 6 goals, just as your opponent can!

Dunno if this has been posted already, but the official site:

http://mariostrikers.nintendo.co.uk/

has had some updates...good section on how to control the game.

The music on that site ROCKS! :hehe:

And for anyone who is unsure about getting the game, why not just buy it, and if you dislike it, put it up on Amazon or Ebay and you will most defintley get more than £25 back.

Awesome :D

I'm currently thinking up of ways so people can get a couple of matches,even when your out the first round.I've got a few ideas for it so far and currently making up a table.

Go for a Champions League style tournament.

Group stage, everyone plays everyone else in their group.

Top player (or 2 players depending how many you have) goes through to the knock-out stage.

Where's the shoulder barge? :hmm:

I got the idea that was achieved by a bit of good old fashioned waggling!

I am currently considering getting this game! If i do i would love to take part in a tourne! When do u need to know if im definatly taking part or not?

You know you want too...

I... er... I'm likely not gonna get it on release, it would be nice and great to play against/ beat you chaps... but I'm gonna have to leave it a few weeks - hopefuly by when I do get it, the online buzz around here wont have died out! :hmm:

I... er... I'm likely not gonna get it on release, it would be nice and great to play against/ beat you chaps... but I'm gonna have to leave it a few weeks - hopefuly by when I do get it, the online buzz around here wont have died out! :hmm:

yeah thats what I'm hoping...I'm not sure if I can afford it...but my girlfriend as said she will get it for my birthday on 12th June, so hopefully things won't have died down.

How late are you going to allow people to join the tourney? I won't know till next week whether or not I get it...

I think Champions League idea is the best, put everyone in groups...

Haha, flamey, my birthday isnt til September so I cant play that card... however my girls is next week soooo... I could buy it to her and be like "Oops, you dont have a Wii do ya, I'll just hold onto that and you can play it when you're around...!"

Hmm, she'd hang me. :hmm:

Haha, flamey, my birthday isnt til September so I cant play that card... however my girls is next week soooo... I could buy it to her and be like "Oops, you dont have a Wii do ya, I'll just hold onto that and you can play it when you're around...!"

Hmm, she'd hang me. :hmm:

That actualy sounds like a good plan! just a shame she wouldnt ever speak to you again but atleast you would be slightly happy for a few weeks!

Girl or Game

Actualy you better not buy it.

This is a must get for me. Where do i sign for the tournament?

Consider yourself in it!

yeah thats what I'm hoping...I'm not sure if I can afford it...but my girlfriend as said she will get it for my birthday on 12th June, so hopefully things won't have died down.

How late are you going to allow people to join the tourney? I won't know till next week whether or not I get it...

I think Champions League idea is the best, put everyone in groups...

Gonna allow people to enter up to about the release of a game,so about another 10 days or so.

Also i'm thinking about the champions league so far,and i've got some more ideas but don't know if i'll put them in this tournament.