NEurope
EchoDesiato

Mario Strikers Charged Football

from gonintendo:

NGamer reviews Mario Strikers Charged

May 4th, 2007

NGamer had a chance to play a final copy of Mario Strikers Charged minus the online play.

Graphics:

The term gamecube+ suffices. The game looks as good as the Gamecube version, some extra graphic effects.

Sound:

Monotonous, predictable, boring. We heared three different songs in the entire game, mediocre quality. Where are the Mario tunes?

Gameplay:

Wiimote and nunchuck controls are OK, but so much more was possible? Waggling to do a sliding? Come on!

Long term:

Single player is short, with just a few cups and a few challenges, the lone gamer isn’t in for a treat.

Conclusion

Strikers charged doesn’t add anything to the previous part, nearly doesn’t use the capabilities of the Wii and doesn’t feel like a quality title. Will the online mode rescue it?

NGamer complains about the mega strike animations, seeing that you aren’t able to skip them. That’s the same as the first game. They also believe that using the Wiimote to block mega strikes feels gimmicky. I am holding final judgment until the game makes it to the states.

.......oh dear

that's from the same ngamer mentioned before. It's not THE Ngamer. And I just know the score won't be too good, people expect this to be larger than life.

that's from the same ngamer mentioned before. It's not THE Ngamer. And I just know the score won't be too good, people expect this to be larger than life.

How do you mean that it's not from the ngamer?You mean this is from the american ngamer is it? Surely they are as reliable

i Would only really get this if it got majorally good reviews. i don't really like Soccer games

A Dutch magazine called NGamer (No relation to the UK one, nor to N Zone) has a review. Thanks to Kawaii on Neogaf for the translation.

It's a dutch Magazine called NGamer but isn't the UK one.

I don't care if this game is EXACTLY like the original game + online mode, then I'd buy it anyway :p And surely it can't be worse (gameplay-wise) than the cube-version?

I don't own the Cube-Version so I really think about buying it but have not decided yet (after all games are not that cheap)...

I think I'm going to get this and Elebits at the end of the month. Not sure about either game but they both look interesting.

It's a dutch Magazine called NGamer but isn't the UK one.
It's actually [N]Gamer, with N fitted in a square :geek:

ONM review score :- possible spoiler if you're waiting for the magazine

+ Manic soccer action

+ Easy to pick up

+ Loads of things to do

+ Online play is great

- Gets really hard later on

91%

I would say that thats a plus point...

I would say that thats a plus point...

Same here,I like a challange...

..as do I.. was planning on getting ONM tonight (hoping that it was in even though it isn't officially out til tomorrow.. but then subscribers got it on monday..)

..much good in the magazine this month? I'm hoping the Mario Strikers review pushes me over the edge towards getting it as I'm still not totally convinced..

ONM gave Mario Strikers 91% and said the only downside was that it gets really hard later in the game.

A major criticism generally seems to be that it's not that different from the Gamecube version but as I never played that it doesn't really concern me.

The thing is that the original Mario Smash Football got slated widely by magazines and received disappointing reviews at best. NGamer (UK) berate it at every opportunity.

I think anyway who liked the original will surely love this as it just seems to be a refined version.

I also enjoy a challenge but I wonder if Nintendo have employed the tactic of cheating AI to increase the difficulty as they seem to be doing regularly. I should be picking up ONM later today to have a read.

..as shall I.. I really need to convince myself with this game.

I also hope they haven't employed the cheating AI tactic to make it harder. I was concerned about scoring in the GC version as, although I only ever played it in multiplayer a couple of times and never owned it, scoring seemed a bit random a lot of the time and I was never sure if there was any particular technique behind it.

Just read the ONM review, and they hardly spoke about the online mode, so I doubt no journalists have played it properly yet. I was expecting some big feature/guide for going online with Mario Football from the official magazine.

The interactive stadiums do look really fun tho! Thwomps, lava, balls of fire, quicksand etc on the pitch! This forum is gonna be buzzin in a fortnight.

And I have also noticed that on other forums that they are setting up league/cup matches for forum members to participate in. Will someone be setting one up here? I would do it myself but I am not too sure what to do really :heh:

Trust ONM to give a mario game above 90% lol.

I expect the game to get 7-8/10 from IGN and Gamespot and that lot.

ONM review score :- possible spoiler if you're waiting for the magazine

+ Manic soccer action

+ Easy to pick up

+ Loads of things to do

+ Online play is great

91%

I always laugh when i read something like that...

It's probably an annoying hardness though...u know, cheap COM players. Ikk!!

Anyway, surely this is just the first one but better with more captains & teammates + online & more interesting pitches?

all i want to know is, can you turn off gimmicky goal saving. main reason is that its hard to have multiplayer all in pointy range. think the gc original is still going to have some strength and honour

Yes, saving goals is gimmicky. I mean in football, you just leave it to chance.

Yes, saving goals is gimmicky. I mean in football, you just leave it to chance.

Yeah exactly. Imo the whole concept of saving shots in this is so stupid. Such a dumb idea.

So does anyone want to do a N-E Tournament when this is out?

Start it a few days after the release so people are use to it,then get people to apply,make up a tournament table and finally put names in a hat and match them up.

Then post here and say who won and the score (have proof if you want but we won't need it cause of the level of trust here).

Then we can have 2 winners,one who one the tournament and one who got the most points/goals.

So does anyone want to do a N-E Tournament when this is out?

Start it a few days after the release so people are use to it,then get people to apply,make up a tournament table and finally put names in a hat and match them up.

Then post here and say who won and the score (have proof if you want but we won't need it cause of the level of trust here).

Then we can have 2 winners,one who one the tournament and one who got the most points/goals.

Sounds like a great idea and I would certainly be up for it. I will have to practice alot due to me sucking at the Cube version, my nephew always use to beat me on it.