NEurope
EchoDesiato

Mario Strikers Charged Football

There's more here, plus a (badly hosted) video.

Linky

I have but two words for you: Ranked. Series. FTW.

Ok, that's three (or six if you expand the TLA) - I'm excited ok? :bouncy:

New Info

- 12 captains in the game (each has its own set of attributes) (4 new ones)

- Bowser is a captain

- 8 Sidekicks which you can mix and match (4 new ones are Boo, Shyguy, Drybones, monte mole)

- 9 new stadiums (In addition to the other ones)

- Each stadium has a unique event along with other surprises during the match

- Captains have unique super-abilitise

- Sidekicks each feature skill-shots (Charge the ball up and do damage to the goalie) (Each of them is Unique)

- Super-strike is now the Mega-strike (use a gamble reward thingy with the meter to shoot up to 6 balls at the goalie) (Defense player takes control of the hands during the shot to block the balls coming at the net)

- Gamemodes include

- Road to the Striker Cup

- Striker Challenges

- Strikers one on one and tutorial mode

- As the ball becomes white you have a better chance of scoring

- Each character has new cinematics with their own unique soundtracks

- Lots of new special effects to bring the world more to life

- Motion controls are only used for hitting and Mega-Strikes due to the game being so face paced

For Online stuff

- Ranked and Unranked matches

- Each one of your Mii's can have its own profile but each one will have its own FC

- you can do 1v1 or 2v2 online (Two people on one Wii verses two people on another Wii)

- Season based leaderboard system that will be 3 months in length

- Unranked games you can set up special parameters

- Unranked matches are the only ones that use FC's

- Ranked matches use a match-making system looking at your overall record

- You recieve points for Winning a game along with the amount of goals you scored

- If you disconnect from the game you LOSE POINTS

- Positive scoring system so if you lose you also get points (Just a lot less)

- Multiple leaderboars (Overall Season Leaderboard, Friends Leaderboard, Striker of the day Leaderboard (You can see how close you are to getting it))

- You cannot use FC's for Ranked Matches

- Ranked matches can be 2v2 or 1v1

- Unranked games can do 3v1

- Striker of the Day (If you achieve the most ranking points in one day you will be featured on everyones Wii)

- Striker of the Day updates minute by minute (So it can be continuously changing)

All sounds great, the ranked and unranked stuff all sounds the same as Starfox like I said it would be! But all these extra's seem really cool, a region-wide league table etc... hopefully it will keep track of your achievements, 360 style.

EDIT:

Here's some screenshots:

medium_470543832_bc4604648d_o.jpg

medium_470543832_bc4604648d_o.jpg

medium_470555457_2ddf4743a8_o.jpg

medium_470555471_940d5aa59f_o.jpg

medium_470555379_bc45ca3a69_o.jpg

Oh why oh why oh why oh why are they iusing friend codes and system codes. Personally I dont care cause online gaming doesnt interest me that much, but I dont UNDERSTAND the reason behind it, it is so alienating to people who do want to go online.

Have nintendo ever properly explained the reason behind all these codes and it makes sense? I dont understand why EVERY game can't just use the system code and on each game you add whoever you want to add to that list - in case I dont want X to play Animal Croassing and Just mario Kart but I want Y to play all my games........ it makes so much sense to me!!!!

Anyways, back on topic, loved Smash Football and this looks great. the online mode options seem really good too!! Be great if you could create your own cup or league with your friends though, we could do an official n-europe league then!!

Also, if it is positive points for the league table, doesnt that pretty much mean whoever plays it the most will be top and no bearing on who is actually the best? That sounds a bit crap, it works with Bowling cause there isnt a league, just your own score, but with this it will be play loads of games get loads of points. It should be based on an average of how many matches with a minimum amount set OR it could be within the three month leagues you can play a maximum of, say 30 matches! It will encourage people to play that many times at the same time capping it so shit players cant just play thousands of matches and be declared the winner!!

PS Really glad they're using the Mii's!

Yeah I get your point about it potentially being unbalanced, but I'm hoping you get so few points for losing that it would just be more effort than it's worth just playing hundreds of games and losing...

Losing points for disconnecting and still gaining points for losing will help with disconnectors a bit.

- Motion controls are only used for hitting and Mega-Strikes due to the game being so face paced

This is a good thing - Strikers works well with normal controls, and it shows other people that you don't HAVE to use motion controls just because they're available (Marvel Ultimate Alliance anyone?)

- If you disconnect from the game you LOSE POINTS

- Positive scoring system so if you lose you also get points (Just a lot less)

Great. There's obviously the worry of people spamming matches to get up the leaderboard as someone said, but it will definitely help cut down on disconnectors.

- Unranked games can do 3v1

Woo! That could be great. You could make the best player play on his own. Much fun!

This is sounding like first game to show me that the wii isn't my second console but my first console

I have to say I am surprised at how full and comprehensive the online play seems to be.

If we could just be rid of those blasted friend codes...

if ever there was a time for N-Europe to try and do some kind of gaming hubs like the likes of:http://www.ds-play.com/ etc... don't know it would happen but would be a great thing for all us current members and help get even more new members in as well...

Those multiplayer setup screenshots looks pretty promising, if they allow to mail your Friend Code to other Wiis. Then it's basically no hassle, hopefully.

Those multiplayer setup screenshots looks pretty promising, if they allow to mail your Friend Code to other Wiis. Then it's basically no hassle, hopefully.

yeah that would be handy being able to mail your new friend code to people in your address book.

I'm getting really excited about this now!

I can't wait to verse you guys,plus 3 vs 1 is bound to make some laughs,and the whole leader board and points thing sounds great,very promising.

This + Skype should be pretty awesome. The original was a blast in multiplayer (Although being able to earn two points with one goal was stupid). Another day one purchase for an upcoming Wii game by me.

If only you could use VOIP,even only among friends,whether it can be between everyone or your team,it seriously would of made this game kick-ass.

Oh why oh why oh why oh why are they iusing friend codes and system codes. Personally I dont care cause online gaming doesnt interest me that much, but I dont UNDERSTAND the reason behind it, it is so alienating to people who do want to go online.

Have nintendo ever properly explained the reason behind all these codes and it makes sense? I dont understand why EVERY game can't just use the system code and on each game you add whoever you want to add to that list - in case I dont want X to play Animal Croassing and Just mario Kart but I want Y to play all my games........ it makes so much sense to me!!!!

Here is a good explanation by NeoGAF's Drinky Crow:

nintendo has the stance on online gaming that they do because they are a very nippon-centric company. as a japanese duder on another forum commented: he doesn't want to be found online by his boss or anyone he hasn't allowed into his "gaming circle". whereas americans like to compete and brag, japanese gamers often want to simply fit in and something like xbl runs completely opposite to that. you don't want your coworkers knowing that you can afford all the latest rpgs; you don't want your acquaintances knowing that you have a thing for hardcore otaku rpgs; you don't want your boss to see that you have 4x the gamerscore he does. xbl is a powerfully competitive environment, not a conformist one, and it is very unappealing to the japanese.

nintendo's lie is that they engineered the wii/ds networks this way to be child-friendly, when the truth is that they did it in a way similar to the docomo and cell phone networks, where you need to know another person's number. it's a paradigm the japanese are familiar with, and has developed to suit their culture. it has the added plus of requiring almost no real infrastructure, which appeals to nintendo's penny-pinching fiscal conservatism.

Get it now?

still dont see why you just cant have a friends code for each console instead of each game. and with this game each chararcter.

So if games are going to have their own friends codes, the Wii system code is just for sending messages and Miis? Seems a bit redundant.

So if games are going to have their own friends codes, the Wii system code is just for sending messages and Miis? Seems a bit redundant.

Other games (Eledees, Dewy's Adventure, NiGHTS) use it to send people stuff. (like user-made levels)

Really hyped for this game. Especially seeing as I missed out on the first one. Well, whatever my bank balance, fuck it, this is mine.

Other games (Eledees, Dewy's Adventure, NiGHTS) use it to send people stuff. (like user-made levels)

Ah I see. Still though, I wish it was a proper unified system :(

I don't read anything Drinky Cow posts. It makes IQ decrease and brain cells die.

yep you got it in one, unless of course as Cube said you are playing a game that just allows for exchanging of stuff.

I can't wait for this! have a problem though will be back with my parents then and they have a belkin router and last time I was home whilst the everybody votes channel seemed to work every time I went on internet or shopping channel it won't work! hope can sort it out for this!

I've got high hopes for this game and what it bears for the Wii's online system.

I am now hyped for this game, seen as they have reaveled the online component.

*Now awaits Nintendo entering the world of microtransactions for retail games*