NEurope
EchoDesiato

Mario Strikers Charged Football

68d0a202476f1bc4d16ffabc6d92fe04.jpg

7e8b3701ccf82d4c869631c3bf0a25b5.jpg

Mario Strikers Charged details

* Gameplay: Use the skill the Wii Remote and Nunchuk Controller provide to win the ball, score unstoppable goals and take control of the goal keeper to perform spectacular saves

* Characters: Mario is joined by other famous Nintendo characters who take on the role of captain. Players then select a host of popular teammates to make up the rest of the team.

* How to progress through the game: Players form an original team by combining one of 12 captains with three of eight sidekicks before competing in one of the games many modes. Anything goes in Mario Strikers Charged as players are allowed to utilize a variety of special abilities to clinch important goals.

* Super abilities/power ups/moves/features: Each captain has their own set of skills, super abilities as well as the ability to perform special shots called Mega Strikes, where the iron ball splits up to five balls and flies at the goal. The defending player must use the Wii Remote to target and aim at and shoot these balls out of the air before they concede a goal. In this game players can also charge energy to the metal ball, making it more likely to find its target when fired at goal.

* Stadiums: Each of the stadiums in Mario Strikers Charged have various characteristics and contraptions, which influence game play. Players must learn to use this to their advantage to truly dominate the pitch.

* Multiplayer: Mario Strikers Charged will not only feature an action packed multiplayer mode but will also support the Nintendo WiFi connection service, allowing players to take part in tournaments with people from all around the world.

Source.

Generic sequel - nothing outstanding so far. I really liked Super Mario Strikers but only if I play against a human player. For singleplayer the game is too boring.

So far graphic level seems to be the same and except the new controller bonus I see the same game again. Few more players, moves, arenas and it is done.

i havnt played the cube version yet, however reading on nintendo's website, i liked how Philip Lahm introdcued the game. i thought he played pretty wel for Germany in the World cup this year.

I want a decent single player...

And I expect the gameplay is as good as before.

At least it has online now, no need for a single player (not if it's as bad as the other one).

What are we supposed to be looking at in the screenshots? Couldn't they have given us something where we have a clue what's going on?

What are we supposed to be looking at in the screenshots? Couldn't they have given us something where we have a clue what's going on?

maybe we can now have football matches in the sky?

that bottom right pic looks like a minigame, maybe to hone your skills in saving shots in a match?

this game has massive potential to be the next big series after mario kart.I mean everyone knows soccer and mario.

Looks okay but nothing special, the bits where you have to block the shots in goal seem really tacked on.

I like the evil look Mario has though.

I'm not impressed, seems like a cheap way to make money.

Online games are great though.

Looks very fun and that might be a good way to defend penalties if well implemented. I like the look of the characters too.

Cheap way to make money? What?

I'm sure this will be priced lower than other Wii games as it is essentially just a remake, but we'll have to wait and see. Those screenshots look horrible.

I don't see why it shouldn't be full price. As far as i know, this is like a sequel or an update to the gamecube version. The online functions and wii-mote controls surely justify the price?

What the hell are you talking about? What remake? Am I in the Twilight Zone?

i am excited!

i really liked the first one on gamecube, and i think the implementation of the wiimote to make amazing goalie saves is awesome!

the idea of playing people via wifi is BRILLIANT!!!! i can really see myself playing this game against people on wifi a lot.

i mean, the general population of this board seem to be disappointed by this announcement... but i cant wait!!!

One thing! Haven't you all noticed the huge loading? I mean the first generation GC didn't have them. And they are always talking about that, and then this is showed? I'm worried....