NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Flaight

Q: Where to buy Urinal Cakes

I know it sounds bizarre, but I've come to a deadend so I must ask this. This sounds like a joke, but it's serious.

Anyone here have any idea where you order urinal cakes!?? Tried well known local outlets (like Robert Dyas etc...) and googling it, but no luck. Funnier still, I get silly jokes on T shirts about Urinal cakes actually not being a "cake" at all (which I must admit I agree).

Anyway, I really really want a urinal cake. Thank you.

Well their real name is a 'Urinal deodorizer block', so you could try googling that. They sell them on Amazon.com but not UK.

You could try Macros, though i dont really know, or maybe even somewhere as basic as Tescos or another supermarket (though a reasonably sized branch).

Although you admit is it bizarre, you never explain why..

Why not go into your local and ask the lanlord where he gets his from. :idea:

Exactly what I was gonna say :indeed: just be a bit embarrassing to ask ^^

Wait...wait...wait..

..You cant eat urinal cakes?

Oh boy...Im'a need a phone.

Hhahaa, oh man. :D

Thanks SO much guys for your replies. It's kind of sorted now (at a basic level anyway).

I guess the biggest hurdle has been its numerous names - generally called Urinal cakes, but as you lot have suggested "Urinal deodorizer block" and "Urinal blocks".

The reason why I needed it was because I had a neighbour who installed a urinal - surreal but true - and he wanted one and asked me to search the internet as he's clueless. Apparently the bathroom plumber who installed it had no clue either.

In one of the pubs I visit they use a urinal cake that isn't actually a urinal cake. It's a plastic casing that goes over the hole, but it contains a urinal cake inside (more maticulously designed than the amazon.com one). It looks really cool. Your piss would pass through it and get deoderized. The nice thing about it is that the casing forces a nice distribution of urine whichever way you shower it, so that every cubic centimetre of urine is evenly affected by the cake. It's basically more efficient.

It's a pretty big pub. I haven't had the courage to ask one of the staff to get me the landlord just for a stupid urinal cake. I guess I'll have to settle with one of those uncool prehistoric ones. I'll get back to you if I find out more about it. These days nearly every subject is covered by the internet, but I'm amazed by how little UK info there is on the internet about urinal cakes.

Out of a random curiosity (but possibly a significant one), none of you happen to have dealt with a toiletry company called 'PHY'? If not it's ok... if yes, your knowledge may turn out to be precious.

Why is there alwayts this topic on the forum. I imagine someone pissing on a cake when isee this and to think the neigbours topic is below this sometimes. Shameful.

Sign in to follow this