NEurope
somme

Stargate TV Shows

I don't know why, but it seemed a lot darker than usual. In a "I can't see anything" way, not the tone of the show. Like you, I seem to have little interest. Still, I'll probably sit through until the end.

Oh yeah, I may not be caring as much as I once did but it is still Stargate, plus I'm looking forward to the next crossover.

I just finished watching it, I enjoyed it but maybe not as much as I should have. Knowing the show is cancelled and this season is going to end on an unresolved cliffhanger put a massive downer on things.

I'm still hoping another network might pick up the rights and green light a 3rd season... hoping aggainst hope I guess.

Apparently it's still much more likely that it will just get one or two DVD movies to finish off the story instead of the full show coming back.

Well I guess I'll take anything that doesn't leave them stranded in the middle of nowhere

There has been no announcement about a movie, though, so you should prepare for them being stranded in space forever, Mokong.

Just seen ep 12 thought it was a good ep.

Was funny though that Rush made a speech about not "abandoning Destiny, that it has come so far and to leave it now we'd never find out what would happen"... it was as if he was talking aboutthe show itself :heh:

As I said thought it was a good and interesting episode. Though one thing at the end confused me. When they were able to use the stones to talk to people on Earth and Telfor was there... the Telfor from the first timeline where everyone died.

How does that work. Surely once Rush went back in time it became a different timeline?

Unless did he go back in time also when he went through the Stargate? But then it wouldn't make sense that he was able to use the stones to switch with Rush before Rush escaped the first Destiny?

Just seen ep 12 thought it was a good ep.

Was funny though that Rush made a speech about not "abandoning Destiny, that it has come so far and to leave it now we'd never find out what would happen"... it was as if he was talking aboutthe show itself :heh:

As I said thought it was a good and interesting episode. Though one thing at the end confused me. When they were able to use the stones to talk to people on Earth and Telfor was there... the Telfor from the first timeline where everyone died.

How does that work. Surely once Rush went back in time it became a different timeline?

Unless did he go back in time also when he went through the Stargate? But then it wouldn't make sense that he was able to use the stones to switch with Rush before Rush escaped the first Destiny?

From what I can tell, they were in the solar flare when the gate dialed which sent the entire ship back in time at that point so everything from the wormhole activating was them back in time. So, when Telford stepped through the gate, he was already back in time and so is back on Earth before the ship entered the star.

Wibbley Wobbley Timey Wimey

Edited by Serebii

From what I can tell, they were in the solar flare when the gate dialed which sent the entire ship back in time at that point so everything from the wormhole activating was them back in time. So, when Telford stepped through the gate, he was already back in time and so is back on Earth before the ship entered the star.

Wibbley Wobbley Timey Wimey

I think that's what happened, too. Although they didn't seem to explain it very well. For a really good episode, the two lines where they explain that Rush was telling the truth (about only Telford getting back) and that future Telford is alive and well in the current timeline was really badly done.

Still, probably one of the better ones this season.

I think that's what happened, too. Although they didn't seem to explain it very well. For a really good episode, the two lines where they explain that Rush was telling the truth (about only Telford getting back) and that future Telford is alive and well in the current timeline was really badly done.

Still, probably one of the better ones this season.

Yeah, if they had made it crystal clear that the ship travelled back as the wormhole was made, it would have made it easier, but they didn't say it outright, just that activating the 9th chevron in the sun while in a solar flare must have pushed them back in time

I didn't think it needed any more explanation, but then again I'm the result of a time paradox so they're sorta my thing.

I didnt have any problem following what had happened, I was however a bit disapointed that:

The doubles were gotten rid of so quickly, it made the whole episode feel a bit cheap to me. I guess theres still a chance that maybe older Rush ascended but with the series ending I doubt we'll hear from him again.

I didnt have any problem following what had happened, I was however a bit disapointed that:

The doubles were gotten rid of so quickly, it made the whole episode feel a bit cheap to me. I guess theres still a chance that maybe older Rush ascended but with the series ending I doubt we'll hear from him again.

Indeed. They needed a way to get Telford back on Earth and to resupply...and they did it. A clever way to do it, yes, but still a bit obvious

That's a bit of a gap, where did you hear that, as I've not managed to find any date for it.

If they restart it after the current run of repeats on Sky 2 it shouldn't be that far off.

I wasn't really surprised, they always resolve these kinds of things within one episode, even when it would cry for a two part episode.

Does anyone else not care about the Crew anymore? I watched the last episodes and realized I didn't really care whether the whole ship got blown to pieces or not.

Well...that was probably one of the most boring episodes so far.

Well...that was probably one of the most boring episodes so far.

I thought it was alright, but a bit too much "IOA" shit...the one thing that started to bug me about later SG1 and Atlantis. As much as I love the shows, the constant IOA stuff with them always saying that the status quo isn't working despite its successes starts to grate

It was more the fact that this was a filler episode, and that:

There seem to be NO plot arcs (in relation to the Destiny) at the moment. None of the characters are in conflict, the aliens from the other galaxy are currently out of the picture, the drones don't look like they're returning, the other aliens are all dead, Chloe is fixed and the ship has been restocked/repaired.

I also hope that Telford's situation doesn't mean that we'll be seeing more of Earth.

This week's episode was alright, a bit out of leftfield, wasn't expecting these storylines here. For something so sombre though, they managed to include some good classic fun Stargate humour moments

Was there any point whatsoever to the sub-plot in the last episode?