NEurope
somme

Stargate TV Shows

Also just on the ending...

Finally... why did a stargate in the middle of nowhere on what appeared to be an empty planet apart from a swirly cloud thingy have no DHD? Assuming if there were "people" on the planet and they took the DHD why then did they leave the stargate?

The ancients probably hadn't invented DHD's yet, even if they had, they had the potable ones on the ship. No need to waste resources putting one on each un-explored planet until they deemed it useful.

I still love the gate in this. It spins. Spinning is so much cooler than not spinning

Edited by Serebii

I don't quite get the puff of smoke when it closes.

Still, I don't see a shield/iris. It would be interesting if it simply didn't have one.

I don't quite get the puff of smoke when it closes.

Still, I don't see a shield/iris. It would be interesting if it simply didn't have one.

Well this ship and the gates are older than the pegasus gates and everything so the smoke is probably just the reaction of a conversion of energy or something.

The Iris was an Earth only thing and the shield a Lantean CityShip only thing so it's logical it doesn't have one

They shouldnt really need one anyway, there are no DHDs so nobody should be able to dial the gate...or if it can be manually dialed like the Milky Way gate then whatever alien tried would still need to understand how the stargates work and have an address.

Liked this weeks one as well, more than last weeks. Doesn't look good for these people. I'd be suprised if there wasn't at least one suicide before the season's out.

Liked this weeks one as well, more than last weeks. Doesn't look good for these people. I'd be suprised if there wasn't at least one suicide before the season's out.

I think I read somewhere there was meant to be a suicide in the first 5 eps?.... unless they meant the politician guy in the pilot ep.

Yeah I too thought it was a good ep, Rush freaking out was bloody mental, bet sooner or later someone shoots him even just in the leg to shut him up.

I erm... also like the shower scenes :heh:

I have a feeling the ship heading towards the sun will just be to recharge itself with solor energy or something and just when everyone thinks their gonna die the power comes back and ship flies away

Also a little disappointed there's no "intro" thing at the start with an awesome theme song like SG-1 and Atlantis had.

I find it hilarious that they themselves mocked that whole process in the 200th episode and then do it here :p

I much prefer having no intro, perhaps they should just have one for the first episode of every season? They're all right the first couple of times, but they get quite arduous - even if the music is pretty good.

I find it hilarious that they themselves mocked that whole process in the 200th episode and then do it here :p

Yeah I was thinking about that too, maybe they were just preluding to losing tan intro for this show, shame

Yeah I was thinking about that too, maybe they were just preluding to losing tan intro for this show, shame

I think SciFi forced them to do it though. IIRC, I read on Joseph Mallozzi's blog a couple of months ago that they intended to have a full theme and everything, now thats out of the window

Didn't they do no opening credits for a few seasons of SG1?

First half of season 9 I think. Not very many, people complained.

In America, the first half of Season 9 of SG1 and Season 2 of Atlantis had them, but they were removed for non-US broadcasts and removed in the US mid-season

Last 10 episodes of Atlantis season 5 had the short intro too.

They did? They didnt when I watched them

Just watched the new episode.......its weird but it doesnt feel like much happened at all until the end scenes. I think the show is missing its adventure aspect and they havent got a good enough handle yet on the drama side for it to fill whole episodes.

Oh but it was nice to see a Peter Deluise cameo already.

Something interesting needs to happen on this show very soon.

Sorry, but IMO episode 4 was the most boring 40 minutes of SG full stop I've ever watched. Absolutely nothing happened. Watching boring glum faces talk about how they shouldn't be here is not interesting. The constant arguing and moaning is getting very boring.

The last episode was awful, nothing interesting happened, apart from in the last 5 minutes which could have been added to the opening of the next episode.

Something interesting needs to happen on this show very soon.

Sorry, but IMO episode 4 was the most boring 40 minutes of SG full stop I've ever watched.

Including those God awful clip shows? Or..."Emancipation"?

I'm still liking it, I can feel the slow build up coming, I liked episode 5, "Light". What happened at the end was pretty interesting. :)

So

I don't think Rush knew that it was going to happen. I think he may have suspected, you could tell by his reaction when he ran to the balcony. However, at the end, he did exactly what I would do...mess with the military leader's head :p

Including those God awful clip shows? Or..."Emancipation"?

At least something actually happened in Emancipation!

Not seen Light yet, hopefully it will be a bit more interesting with less arguing/moaning/sitting around dulling viewers.

Air part 3 was excellent though.

Without spoiling episode 5, it was obvious from the last few seconds of episode 4 what was going to happen. It didn't take a brain surgeon to grasp what was going on. I dunno, I feel like sci fi never has any actual surprises anymore. Any solution to a problem is generally worked out by the viewer in the first few minutes of the problem arising.

Without spoiling episode 5, it was obvious from the last few seconds of episode 4 what was going to happen. It didn't take a brain surgeon to grasp what was going on. I dunno, I feel like sci fi never has any actual surprises anymore. Any solution to a problem is generally worked out by the viewer in the first few minutes of the problem arising.

Well part of that could be that weve seen so much of it before its hard to go somewhere new but also I do think that sci-fi fans are generally pretty smart about this kind of stuff and would be able to figure things out.

SGU is so lacking in SciFi that, for a show set in an ancient ship sailing across the other side of the universe, it's frightening.

Rush is the only character I like and sadly his character isn't written well at all.

Also, Eli, you had no chance with her.

I really enjoyed some of Light but it just needs to pick up a bit more. Sadly for SGU I'll always compare it (and anything else SciFi actually) to BSG and within the first 30 minutes of BSG, about 50 billion people had been killed.

Edited by Daft