NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
White_Wolf

The possibilities for SSB: rev are endless

There are basically enough buttons to play SSB on the rev and the motion sensors just add more to the gameplay. Imagine playing as mario and flicking the controller up for mario to jump and then slashing it to the side and pointing the pointer where you want for mario to charge from the air with a super attack.

Air attacks would be so sweet with the controller. Imagine if your in the air and you punch another character and he starts falling to the ground and you flick the controller down to charge at the character and do some sweet combos.

If there was a level with buildings you could actully flick the controller to a building for a character to jump on and then slash the controller to an area where you want the character to basically bonce off the building to that spot with a cool super punch or something like that.

Imagine attacking multiple characters at the same time from bouncing off objects in the environments while directing your character where you want him to jump to and attack.

The best thing I think they could add for the game are destructable environments and letting us use anything around you against the other players. I also think they should add in stuff in the background like birds or maybe dragons or stuff like that. There could even be a lighting level where you have to avoid the lighting and the characters your fighting.

I hope Nintendo makes full use of the sensors because if they do SSB: rev right it could be the best thing to ever play online.

How would the controller know if you were wanting to move or hit someone? It seems to be doing multiple things at once? :S

I'm actually wanting it to be just a standard game, using the shell.... boring old me....

How would the controller know if you were wanting to move or hit someone? It seems to be doing multiple things at once? :S

I'm actually wanting it to be just a standard game, using the shell.... boring old me....

You do the character movements with the analog and do the air movments with the sensor. If you wanna hit someone you press the A, B or Z1 and Z2 buttons. Nintendo will not make their games for the shell since it would seem like the new controller is nothing but a gimmick. The only games you will see on the shell are 3rd party games that do not make use of the remote.

I am more than positive that the new Super Smash Bros game will play flawlessly. I really can't wait, am more excited for this than I was for the DS. lol

But it's the biggest mystery about the controller since the controller! We must praise the controller! :bow:
The shell is nothing amazing. It's just to play Snes and N64 games or to be used when lazy devs port games to the rev. You still use the analog stick and buttons to play SSB, but the remote offers even more gameplay possibilities. You still punch, kick and whatever with buttons, but if your in the air and you grab someone you can actually control where or how hard you can throw the character.

people should really stop going on about the shell

I agree. The controller itself is good enough for me!

You can controller characters the old way. SSB only uses like 4 buttons which the remote has, but the sensors function opens up even more game play possibilities.

Basically you play SSB: REV like you do SSB from the GC and much more.

I know that, but suppose we have to flick the controller in order to jump. Some people may prefer pressing a button or using the control stick to jump (I certainly would). Of course it opens up so much more, I can't deny that - that's what it was made for after all. But to force people to play an entirely new way would be kind of intimidating at first. It'd be like saying "It's Paper Mario, but you're playing with cards". No doubt it'd work out just as well if not better but some people may actually prefer the shell to the remote in cases like Smash Bros.
If they want to play games the same old way then the rev isn't for them in the first place :p.

people should really stop going on about the shell

And the shell is needed for the Rev to be successful. Plus, there are idiots who forget about the shell and slag the remote off!! :mad:

Suggestion.

Movement, jumping etc is controlled by waving your wand around. For attacks, press and hold A. And then you flick your baton - the quicker you do this, the harder the smash.

Ooo, the sexual innnuendo.

I always use the Y button to jump on SSB:M and I hate using the up button to jump, so I would never get used to it.

I always use the Y button to jump on SSB:M and I hate using the up button to jump, so I would never get used to it.

So do I...The majority of people do.

It would be interesting to see if they incorparate throwing items using the controller. I loved throwing light sabers on the original, especially when it Ko'd someone! Woot! And yeh, I also used the Y button to jump. I don't understand why people would use the up buttons, lol.

I would also have trouble with that since I always use X and never Up to jump. Oh well, I guess SOME other button can be used to jump. (I hope)

..why do people say stuff like 'I'd rather jump by pressing a button' and stuff when they haven't even touched the controller or experienced what it would be like to use something different.. you don't know you like/ hate something until you try it.. so just wait and see..

Im in the minority here but id love it if they did SSB in 1-on-1 Street Fighter 2 style mechanics. Bigger characters, deeper fighting, and less clutter, do we really 100 items bouncing around the screen??

Sign in to follow this