NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Fuzpoy

What if drugs were legal

But...I dont HAVE an hour!

If drugs were legal, the minority that take drugs would be as high as a kite but those who are willing now will see no point as it'd be expensive AND people do it for their image (stupid i know) and as a rebelious act. If they were legal, the rebel's would be gone and the image would most probably go too.

Before i watch this, is it biased for legalisation or against it?

I son't think I could watch any more propaganda without my head exploding !_!

Both sides are argued. if anything i would say it was biased toward legalising them.

But...I dont HAVE an hour!

If drugs were legal, the minority that take drugs would be as high as a kite but those who are willing now will see no point as it'd be expensive AND people do it for their image (stupid i know) and as a rebelious act. If they were legal, the rebel's would be gone and the image would most probably go too.

1 word: cigarettes.

Read "High Society" by Ben Elton. It's all about legalising drugs.

Basically, he says that if they were legal virtually all crime would stop too as 90% of it is drug related.

90% of crime would stop? How much crime is commited under the influence of the Number one legal drug alcohol. A hell of a lot. And the desperation of having to find your next fix of alchol causes people to remeble drug addicts. I've seen what happens when alchol is abused when I worked at a hostel its not pretty.

Hahaha....90% of crime wouldn't stop.....people would be stealing to feed addiction.

They wouldn't need to steal because they would be so much cheaper. They wouldn't need to pay exorbitant prices because they would be able to be imported legally the Government would be able to say what price they were. There would be safe places to take the drugs and clean needles for everyone.

(I'm not saying its a good idea, this is just what the book says)

They would steal though because they would spend all their money on drugs even if they were at such a cheap price. This isn't just a theory it happens with alcohol. And with something like heorin which sierously fucks you up it would be much worse.

There are enough alcahol related crimes as it is without mandating other addictions. Drugs, wether it be alcahol, marijuna, speed or crack do not typically lend themselves to a productive, healthy or even happy society, and mandating them isn't likely to work out well.

Giving more support to social services so they can properly support and rehabilitate drug users is the answer, and they currently don't get nearly enough funding or support for the work they do.

Seriously, when was the last time Social Services was at the heart of an election campaign? It's basically their job to make sure this country doesn't fall apart at the seems. It's a fucking sham.

I'm all for the legalising of marijuana, seeing as it's possible to use in moderation and doesn't fuck up your body (not one person has ever died directly due to use of marijuana, and it's near-impossible to OD on it. It's just not toxic enough, whereas about 500 000 people die yearly in the US alone due to alcohol or tobacco misuse). It will however, alter your way of thinking upon frequent usage but the vast majority of marijuana smokers are normal people so yeah.

Yes it's called a 'gateway drug', but that's bullshit seeing as 99% of all heroine users started out with... surprise surprise, alcohol or tobacco :-O.

Plus it's a fairly profitable business.

-edit-

Oh and don't forget the medical benefits! Plus there are probably more beneficial uses for the ganja.

Every junkie would get an OD, die, and the "industry" would die with them. If I could I would ban every kind of drug, even alcohol and tobacco.

not one person has ever died directly due to use of marijuana, and it's near-impossible to OD on it.

During the Rammstein concert in Portugal, one girl went to the hospital with marijuana OD.

During the Rammstein concert in Portugal, one girl went to the hospital with marijuana OD.

I hope you understand me asking for a link for proof.

I smoke it every now and then and enjoy it, but heroine/cocaine and the like are nasty nasty things.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Ok, i'm done. Seriously, thats hilarious. You realise it's physically impossible to OD on weed. To do that, you'd have to smoke something like 4 tonnes in half an hour or something similiarly crazy like that.

E: Ok, so this post makes me seem like an asshole, but really, you have to understand why I laughed. It's proven countless times it's impossible to OD on marijuana. It's also got multiple health benefits, including the prevention of alzheimers disease.

I have no proof, and if there is, it's probably in portuguese. I was in there, I saw the girl being taken out, it was in the news that she went to the hospital, I later came to know that she OD. I believe it because everyone in the lower part was smoking it, there was a HUGE cloud above them.

Ok, i'm done. Seriously, thats hilarious. You realise it's physically impossible to OD on weed. To do that, you'd have to smoke something like 4 tonnes in half an hour or something similiarly crazy like that.

It is estimated at around 800 cannabis cigarettes (I'm not sure if it's like a half gram joint or pure Mary Jay). You'd never even get there because you'd die of carbon monoxide first from the DUN DUN DUUUUN: tobacco.

I have no proof, and if there is, it's probably in portuguese. I was in there, I saw the girl being taken out, it was in the news that she went to the hospital, I later came to know that she OD. I believe it because everyone in the lower part was smoking it, there was a HUGE cloud above them.

She OD'd, but on what? She might've been sniffing cocaine or smoking crack and cannabis, doesn't make ganja the guilty party, far from it. And is she dead? Because puking due to marijuana I can understand (*nudges kopo*) ;). Face facts, dude.

PS: I can read portuguese, so that wouldn't be a problem :)

:horse:

Ok ok, I admit defeat, or atleast other possibilites, as both of you seem experienced in the mysterious ways of marijuana.

And I tottaly forgot you've been in Brasil.

Weed can have some serious psychological consequences in the long-term.

which can be counter-acted with the routine use of nootropics.

In particular, the daily use of Piracetam and Choline. They also sharpen your mind, and memory. Not only for use by stoners :)

Sign in to follow this