NEurope
Mokong

Transformers Movie thread

As long as they dinobots dont turn up then im happy enough :p

Producer Tom DeSanto has envisioned a storyline introducing the Dinobots, Constructicons, and Soundwave

Lolz. Yeah the film is amazing. Definitely in my top 10 of all time...probably top five.

If there is soundwave how come no blaster, or airial bots, and all the other autobots of rockness.

*Bangs head against wall*

Why do you not want the Dinobots to show up?

*Me Grimlok King, me smash decepticon butt*

EDIT:

Oh yeah i tried to do a Youtube vlog talking about the film....ended up over 30mins long :heh: so i didn't upload it, will try make a shorter one today or tomorrow

If there is soundwave how come no blaster, or airial bots, and all the other autobots of rockness.

Huh? What are you asking?

Ok here I go..... transformers robots that rock, but probably not enough to be in the film:

Blaster:

200px-Blaster_profile.jpg

Aerial bots:

180px-Skydiveslingshot-tv.jpg

Wow i've just seen some TV ads for the films and WOW the special effects look incredible. Unless i'm forgetting something it clearly looks better than anything i've ever seen.

Wow i've just seen some TV ads for the films and WOW the special effects look incredible. Unless i'm forgetting something it clearly looks better than anything i've ever seen.

They do looks awesome don't they? When we first saw trailers of it people were moaning they looked crap and that the budget was only $150 million so they would stay crap.

How wrong were they.

It was the first movie in a long time where I didn't really notice the effects at all, which has got to be a good thing.

I would have liked:

HotRod, Springer, Arcee, Percepter, Blaster, Blurr and Kup.

Oh wait thats the animated movie from the 80's!

*goes watches*

isnt there a bit in that movie that one of them says "holy shit"?

Yes, when unicron is eating one of the moonbases! :hehe:

I would have liked:

*goes watches*

Platty wins for mentioning HotRod.

Still haven't seen the movie, so thanks for those using spoiler boxes. I was hoping to go to a preview but my brother went golf instead. Hoping to catch it next monday, I'm busy at the weekend.

I saw it Sunday just gone, and it was fantastic.

The effects are the best ive ever seen from a movie, apart from knowing the robots arnt real, you would actually think that they were when watching this. Whoever did the effects for this movie need to work on all movies with CGI involved for the rest of time.

Story wise theres not much there, but you dont notice as theres just so much action, and cool action at that.

4/5 for me, defo go see it.:grin:

I would have liked this A LOT more if they had kept the camera still on the action sequences.

I saw it Sunday just gone, and it was fantastic.

The effects are the best ive ever seen from a movie, apart from knowing the robots arnt real, you would actually think that they were when watching this. Whoever did the effects for this movie need to work on all movies with CGI involved for the rest of time.

Story wise theres not much there, but you dont notice as theres just so much action, and cool action at that.

4/5 for me, defo go see it.:grin:

It was Industrial Light and Magic, which was formed back in the mid-seventies by Lucasfilm to do the special effects for Star Wars: A New Hope. And yes, it's one of the world's major CGi studios.

I would have liked this A LOT more if they had kept the camera still on the action sequences.

Yeah or maybe zoomed out a bit, alot of the time it seemed like the camera was too close to properly follow what was going on. I'm trying to convince some people to go see it again, but chances are i might be a loner and go see it alone this weekend...i just wanna see it again

I would have liked:

*goes watches*

O.M.G

can you believe for the last 20 or so years since i first saw that film i thought the female autobots name was spelled "R.C" :heh:

learn something new everyday

O.M.G

can you believe for the last 20 or so years since i first saw that film i thought the female autobots name was spelled "R.C" :heh:

*Shakes head in disgust* :)

Well guys its been a long time coming since this thread was made, but its finally (properly) here. Saw an advanced screening my thoughts on the film are:

I didn't like some of the character designs but the story was solid enough for anyone to understand even people new to the franchise. I felt there wasn't enough use of lasers as that is pretty much a transformers' primary weapon. Optimus Prime sucked at fighting again... why can't he be on the big screen showing all his small screen greatness?

And Jazz, why did they have to kill Jazz Man... he didn't hurt nobody. They could have killed bumble bee, Iron Hide or even Ratchet, but why pick on the short guy. And Prime's face looked like a monkey.

But considering prime didn't get killed in the first 10 mins of the film, and frenzy gave us a comical time I give the film 7.5/10 Mean probably, but I've waited too long for it.

At the end of the film one person started clapping intending for it to rupture into applause, everyone just laughed at him. Film is special edition DVD worthy though. And I'm glad I saw the film (Preview for Rush hour 3 (Yes) )

And Jazz, why did they have to kill Jazz Man... he didn't hurt nobody. They could have killed bumble bee, Iron Hide or even Ratchet, but why pick on the short guy. And Prime's face looked like a monkey.

yeah i too couldn't understand that. It made no sense to kill off any of the autobots cuz they never built their characters enough to make the audiance care, well except for Bumblebee and Prime, it's like for some reason they felt they needed Megatron to kill someone to make a statement, but choosing a character that had little dialogue and little screen time that the audiance (other than Transformers fanatics) wouldn't care or notice seemed stupid. It they really wanted to show Megatron's evil side they could have had him rip one of the army guys from the start of the film in half

I hated the reference to "stupid iranian scientists" ... so uncessary and typical american propaganda . It almost makes me believe 300 was made for similar reasons.

other than the film just wasnt that good. seemed a bit like power rangers crossed with TMNT. It would be better if they made it in the spirit of one of those marvel films. But so obvioulsy designed for a million sequels. Also product placement pissed me off too