NEurope
RedShell

Sig / Avatar request thread [Read first post before requesting]

AHHHHHH! As hard as I try, I just can't seem to make a transparent image! As you can see in my avatar, my effort in creating a background-less tonberry has failed :(! This is what I did.

-Used Magic Wand to select background,and then used Select>Inverse to select the main picture (tonberry).

-Used Ctrl+C followed by Ctrl+N to create a new transparent image with the same dimensions as my selected area. Used Ctrl+V to paste it on.

-Went to File>Save For Web and save it as a gif.

Please someone tell me what Im doing wrong as Im a n00b at photoshop who wants to learn.

You're doing everything right until you save. Once you have the image with the transparent background, click the rectangular button at the bottom of the toolbar which will take you into Image ready (it comes with photoshop). Then click file>save optimised as... and save as a gif.

Sorry no luck it still comes with its white box.

Here's the image of how it looks in image ready: NOTICE IT'S TRANSPARENT? GRRR...

printscreen.jpg

Yeah it's definately checked. I checked some online tutorials and they tell me that i should use either the lasso or the path selection tool to trace my image (rather than use magic wand). Do you think this would affect anything?

Yeah it's definately checked. I checked some online tutorials and they tell me that i should use either the lasso or the path selection tool to trace my image (rather than use magic wand). Do you think this would affect anything?

Are you sure you selected "save optimised as" rather than "save as"? It's a different option entirely, much further down the file menu.

Thanks cubechris! although i kinda wanted to learn myself (i guess im just useless at photoshop).

anyway looks great thanks (i promise there will be no more sig/avatar requests from me for a good while, you guys go too far to help people like me out, i guess this forum is just full of cool people!).

Thanks cubechris! although i kinda wanted to learn myself (i guess im just useless at photoshop).

You will get better as you use hotoshop more, I am also kinda rubbish at photoshop...but I got better when I started to learnhow it worked etc.

Anybody fancy making me a Jet set radio sig? I dont really have anything in mind, but it has to be 350x100 or smaller, I hate big sigs :D

thanks if anybody does it:)

Anybody fancy making me a Jet set radio sig? I dont really have anything in mind, but it has to be 350x100 or smaller, I hate big sigs :D

thanks if anybody does it:)

Any preferences? Fav char, colour, JSR or JSRF?

I know this is a demanding request but can someone please make me a better Final Fantasy 7 sig or a Shadow of the Colossus one please, I am so crap with photoshop.

Seems I'm late for both of them. Still, if anyone want's this one, just say and I'll change the name.

lettycg6.jpg

Can i have a sig please someone, i would like the theme to be "urban".

thanks!

Would anyone be up for making me an Elite Beat Agents themed sig? I'd like it to have "I'm a highway star" in it, and of course "EchoDesiato". My current sig is just way too shitty.

I have a similar request to McMad's.

Could somebody please make me a FF8 sig and/or an Ico sig.

PS: A FF7, FF9 or FF10 sig would also be appreciated if you prefer.

Can i have a sig please someone, i would like the theme to be "urban".

thanks!

caris2uo0.gif

Trash.

Before I go on with this, what do you think Echo?

echosig.gif

It will take a while to tidy it up, so if it's rubbish I thought I should check with you first!