NEurope
RedShell

Sig / Avatar request thread [Read first post before requesting]

I’ve noticed that these threads seem to appear from time to time, so we could probably do with a dedicated thread, and here it is!

Please make sure you are specific when making requests, don't just say "I want a new sig" :heh:

Try to provide as much information as possible i.e.:

Overall concept for the sig / avatar

Links to any artwork / fonts you want used

Any text that is to be included

Required size of sig *Note maximum size is 500 x 150. For avatars it's 125 x 125. The combined file size cannot exceed 50kb, for more info on this please go here.

The more information you provide, the better your sig / avatar will probably turn out.

Anyone is welcome to create sigs based on people’s requests, just keep the rules in mind when doing so.

Cheers.

: peace:

Update by Shorty 13 Apr 2007

As someone who's fulfilled requests in the past, I would appreciate it if people take into consideration the things in this first post. If possible, be as specific as possible. Here is an example of a perfect request:

Sig Text: Shorty

Theme: Eureka Seven (anime) details: Wiki

Extra Text: Eureka 7

Size: 370x125px

Shape: Regular rectangle

Colour scheme: White/Blue

Fonts: Futura Hv (Bold/Heavy), Georgia, /or artists choice

Images to use: 1 2 3

Style: Clean, minimalistic

You don't have to fill out all of these, obviously - but I cannot stress enough that the more details you give, the faster you're likely to get something you want, and the more appropriate it will be. Anyone can search google for good images, you can at least start there. Remember that not everyone here will like "Bleach" or "Gears of War" so they might not know what a good picture will be, so provide links.

60%[/hr]How to put a sig in place

There are two methods to putting a sig in, the first is to go to User CP > Edit Signature and scroll down to upload a sig. However this limits your signature options.

The easiest and infinitely more popular method is to host the image elsewhere (if someone has made you a sig, they've probably hosted it somewhere - but ask if it's ok to leave it there, in case it's temporary). If you need to host it yourself, somewhere like http://www.imageshack.us will be fine.

Either way you need the URL of the image. To find that, right click on the image once it's uploaded and find the option like "Copy Image Location". If you're using IE you might need to click on "Properties" then highlight and copy the "Address (URL)".

Now go to the space for editing your signature mentioned above. You need to use special BBcode on forums (your html won't help you here) - the tags are as follows:

[img ]http://www.urlofimage.com/image.jpg[/img]

However you need to remove the spaces in the first "img" tag. Remember to include the forward slash in the closing tag.

If you want to centre your signature, you use "center" (spelt the American way) tags either side of your signature code:

[center ] [img ]http://www.urlofimage.com/image.jpg[/img] [/center]

(again without spaces, of course)

Hey I want a Zelda themed sig with name and stuff on. I cannot remember who did my current sig but thanks to that person!

So I definatly want the triforce on it, Zelda scenery/characters possibly. And triforce_keeper :D

Thanks too everyone who helps me :D

Hmm, can I request a Zelda sig and AV please (just been reminded by Triforce Keeper's thread :p)? For the AV, can I have the Majora's Mask with the background cut out, like my current one is. And for the sig, some blended Twilight Princess images like Dante's (I think) with the words "The Legend Returns" in gold letters on the bottom right corner. Too picky? Sorry.

I cannot remember who did my current sig but thanks to that person!
That'd be me, way to hurt my feelings! :heh:

*EDIT*

For the AV, can I have the Majora's Mask with the background cut out, like my current one is.
Here ya go:

mmavart3.gif

I'll have a go at making the sig later.

*EDIT2*

Made a transparent avatar for triforce_keeper too:

ylavarx9.gif

okokok im nearly finished one.Not sure u will like it or not though.Just one question.Do u want tingle in it?:D

Could i request a nice world of warcraft one please, although id like it to be more personalised, could i send screenies to whoever wanted to make one for me. Thankyou in advance :)

Tingle Tingle, Koolooooooooo Limpah! That would be a yes.

ohh i was doing one for triforce keeper.he kinda asked first sorry.Ill work on his first:wink:

yeh telly back off I asked first!!! :P

And yeh I woulden't mind the little gay faerie to be on there :P

u can get the cs version off torrentspy.com...Its exactly the same i think.i dont see much of a difference anyway.......

not sure if i should be telling u this........*cough*

I had it but it was too confusing so I uninstalled it :P

well triforce u want tingle in your sig or dont u!?

oops sorry didnt think u were talking to me:D

i just need to get my mother off my other computer!

triforcekeeper.jpg

ok this is the finished design.Anything u dont like i can change.Dont be too harch on me though.It's my first time creating one for someone

aww metroid :)

I've got to say I'm really thankful of that but its not too my taste :P

Keep at it though because you will get better :D

So can anyone else do me one? Thanks :D

hehe ok thanks for being like that. I'm glad your not like OMG I can't beleive that OMG I spent all day on that OMG ungrateful shit!

:P

lol no bother now i have a new sig after accidentaly deleting the other one i had.....and PINK FONT!yeah!