NEurope
Mr. Bananagrabber

Wii to be under £100?

I hope its no more then £120. Nothing I've seen for the Wii so far has made me think its worth anymore then that.

*stunned silence*

how much is a PS3 worth then?! cos i wouldnt pay more than 150 for it.

I want it at around £139. I think i'll be spending around £200 at launch, and I want an extra controller and Red Steel (and hopefully, the Wii+Zelda combo would therefore cost £155 or so), so I hope it doesn't cost more than £139

I hope its no more then £120. Nothing I've seen for the Wii so far has made me think its worth anymore then that.

I agree. I pomised myself I wouldn't spend anymore than £150 on it.

I want so much at launch that I cant get, so the cheaper it is the better.

Games to get at launch:

Red Steel

Far Cry

Metroid

Rayman

Dragonball Z

Metal Slug Anthology

Zelda (Maybe, if I can be arsed)

and a few more....

damnit, need to start saving...

Red Steel

Metroid (if it's out)

Excite Truck

Wii Sports

Can't remember the others..

zelda.

metroid

red steel

SSBM

Mario Galaxies..

bob ross painting ;)

i hope your reasoning is the same for the PS3 as there nothing that can justify spendin £425 on a console

zelda alone is enough for me to purchase it :awesome:

it won't be under £100, too close to the DS and that'll give out the wrong impression about Wii. i expected around £150, very willing to pay £175 with a game and an extra controller.

"nothing to justify a higher tag that £120"?! Wii looks like it's gonna cost me a fortune as there's actually very little that i DON'T want :D

I'm thinking £150. I've got about £300 put by already, for a Wii, two or three games (Zelda, Metroid, Warioware) and a few extra controllers.

I have already laid a shitload of money to the side for the launch..

Im getting Zelda and Halo 3

I'll wait for rewievs for the other games

If it costs 19,800 yen I may import a japversion, Then buy a US version.

I really hope they are region free.

If it costs 19,800 yen I may import a japversion, Then buy a US version.

I really hope they are region free.

u'd pay more on shipping than u would buying one here. and why buy two foreign versions and not ur local one??? besides, they'll be released within weeks of each other and won't be region free anyway.

i remember payign £180 for my cube, with an extra controller and pikmin from currys a couple of years ago, so if they do the same kinds of deals like that again but maybe more games, then im happy with that. I think, i havnt actually payed that off to my mum yet, i payed £90 of it and loaned the rest of my parents, i havnt payed them back...

Indeed it is, but so is €249.99....:rolleyes:

I know we'll get ripped off as we're Europeans, but to the tune of $70? Thats probably 1/3rd of what the Americans will pay?

Yeah the price sucks, but europe always gets fucked over price wise. Aleast our price includes tax and isnt tacked on afterwards. Mind you US tax is usually around 5% which is practically nothing.

If the UK has to pay more again for the lame reason of not being in the euro im gonna be pissed off.

If the Wii costs around (or more than) £200 here in the UK then people will say "I can get a core 360 for that price" which admittedly is a pretty broken console option, but still I think Nintendo will try to keep it lower than that.

I remember buying my GC for £120, I hope the wii is around the same price, I would pay anything up to £200, its just, the cheaper the better because I dont have that much money so they cheaper the console is the more cool games I get to buy :)