NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Tyson

Black & White 2

Only 5 days until its release.

From what I've seen and heard it looks great. Black & White was always good but they seem to have added alot of new aspects to it. Raising an army for one, instead of just letting humans pray and build etc.

Video.

black-white-2-20050928075059915.jpg

Creatures are much improved graphicaly.

black-white-2-20050928075107368.jpg

black-white-2-20050928075108837.jpg

I have pre-ordered it from amazon so I hope to get it on thursday. I am looking forward to the town building aspects of it.

Never seen a game thread in PC board so I just figured it would fit in there.

This is on my most wanted for Xmas list! Can't wait to get it. IGN seemed to think that it was like half god sim and a city simulator. My perfect game!!!

I personally thought the first one was over rated and tediously boring. I'm holding out on this one till otherwise proven wrong.

The first one was boring, simple as. Infact, it came out on my birthday last time around. April 6th.

It got 8.8 on IGN if anyone was wondering.

I loved the firs one nad I have started it again and again and agina, but I've never got past world 4. I got to he very end, them my computer blacked out. ¬_¬

I I I Me Me Me! I really want a wolf this time around - though Im a bit disappointed to see they replaced the wonderful tiger with a lion. My first tiger was so stupid he ate all the bushes near the tree he was tied to and became monstrously fat. Fantastic!

I just hope my PC can handle it.

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS:

OS - Windows 2000/XP

Processor - Intel Pentium 4 or equivalent 1.6 GHz

Memory - 512MB RAM

Hard Drive - 3.5GB

DVD-ROM - 8 SPEED (PC CD-ROM version also available in USA)

Video Card - 64MB with 1.1 Pixel Shader*

Sound Card - DirectX 9.0c compatible

DirectX - Version 9.0c

Input - Keyboard, mouse

* Black&White 2 requires a 64MB video card with 1.1 Pixel Shader support. Supported video cards: NVIDIA GeForce4 Ti series, GeForce FX series, GeForce 6200 or greater; ATI Radeon 8500 or greater, ATI Radeon X300 or greater. DirectX 9.0c is included on this disc and may require the latest drivers for your video and sound card.

Very low - even I can run it with my crappy GeForce FX card :D

________

Honda 70

Edited by Johelian

Why the hell do you own a GeForce FX? :P A Game and Watch could probably produce better graphics.

Nice to see my rig will probably run it on max, as per usual ;)

I personaly loved the original. My only problem was not being able to get online on it.

Creature Isle was good too.

What I don't like the look of on 2 is the Evil concience.

It only got 76% in PC Gamer. I may get it sometime but i wasn't that impressed with the first one, overated IMO.

Other scores of note in PCG

F.E.A.R 89%

Dawn of War:Winter Assault 79%

Fifa 2006 83%

Fable Lost Chapters 88% probably getting this

Blitzgrieg II 79%

F.E.A.R = good review. Great Demo

Winter Assualt = Yeah, about right. I've enjoyed it. Not a good expansion in terms of units though.

Fable = hell yes, incredible game and a great port.

Im getting the collectors edition so I can get the Tiger. I have to wait a week longer and pay a little more but I dont care 'cause I loved my Tiger in the 1st one. He looked after my villages while I destroyed enemy villages. Best set up. To anyone who never played the 1st and is getting this one dont choose the ape. He sucks.

EDIT: The collectors edition is coming out on the same day as regular version now. :D £34.99 on play.com

EDIT 2: regular used to say regulat :no:

I think I'll take the Lion since it's probably just going to be the same as the tiger. Until now I thought all the creature AI's were the same.

I want the cow, I love cows ^_^

I had a cow in the last game, even though it was WAY worse than than the chimp, and I'll be picking him up in this version aswell.

Im getting the collectors edition so I can get the Tiger.

I didn't even realise there was a collector's edition coming out (when I order my copy of the game only the regular version was listed), so I've just cancelled my pre-order of the regular version and pre-ordered the collector's edition instead. Thanks. :)

I liked the first one, it was fun, but I never completed it becouse I thought it got boring after awhile.

It looks nice graphically, but I think the interface looks too much Windows 95, bleh :/

Why the hell do you own a GeForce FX? :P A Game and Watch could probably produce better graphics.

Nice to see my rig will probably run it on max, as per usual ;)

Probably because its the best you can get in a PCI slot :P Do you really think I would have it out of choice?

What I don't like the look of on 2 is the Evil concience.

Really? He looks the same to me as he did in B&W. Same little man boobs and all :)

I didnt know about the collectors ed either...Sweet! I loved my (second) Tiger; he was, in his own words, "Decent and True". He was well trained and would go around feeding the villagers, getting trees for lumber and teaching the town to dance. Sadly though at one point I made him pick up a rock and run back and forth across the Island (it builds up their muscle) for five days...and when he finally stopped he dropped dead. I felt pretty guilty for about two minutes.

Im pretty torn between a Wolf and my beloved Tiger...although the more I look at that Cow the more adorable I think it is. Damn, its hard to be a God.

________

Mercedes-Benz C216

Edited by Johelian

Get the cow! The cow is by far the best, look into his eyes and say no. You can't, FACT!

I watched the video at http://www.lionhead.com/bw2 , and the little snippet of the cow is so sweet - it rubs its little belly and looks all happy with itself. Aww! But I feel the pull of loyalty to the tiger and my favourite animal, the wolf...Hmm. We'll see.

________

Stress Forums

Edited by Johelian

I didn't even realise there was a collector's edition coming out (when I order my copy of the game only the regular version was listed), so I've just cancelled my pre-order of the regular version and pre-ordered the collector's edition instead. Thanks. :)

No problem. As we seem to be on the topic of black & white 2 who wants to set up a clan or something. I've never done it before and thought I'd give it a go. If interested list possible names.

I think the word clan isn't the right word really.We should have more of a community were we meet with our gods and teach each other spells etc. LIke the Jedi Academy run by some guy who taught people moves using Jedi Knight 3. Of course we should also have battles too :wink:

Sign in to follow this