NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Shoe

The game boy player

Is this worth getting?

I just thought it would be cool to play Super Mario World and such on big screen, like the good ol days

It's an okay thing to have, and not overly expencive. I got it before even having a GBA because I didn't work then and didn't have the money to fund a GBA (well i did, but money's better spent on games).

Anyway, yeah, i've got it. It's especially good for multiplayer Advance Wars...s'ashame there'll never be a DSPlayer..or will there :heh:

Its Impossible I tell you, Impossible!

You can emulate the touch screen with the Wiimote, but it would probably be far less intuitive than on the actual touchscreen.

You can emulate the touch screen with the Wiimote, but it would probably be far less intuitive than on the actual touchscreen.

Surely that would be far to complicated. Although I'd like to be proven wrong.

Well, if you use the DS as a controller with your Wii, then...Okay, it'd still be kinda hard. But anyway, I love my gameboy player. Worth the money, for sure.

what about the third party advanced game port.the action replay one.There is a good chance that would work with the wii as in plugs into the memory card slot.i have a gameboy player and almost regret getting it.I never liked the gba too much and only bought 3 games for it

I would recommend getting one as it makes playing various SNES ports a joy, its like going back in time and having a SNES again especially if you pick up the Hori pad.

I would like one too, but would I ever use it? And what colours do they come in? Am I right in thinking just black?...cos my Cubes an ickle lil purple 'un.

Id like to put that first Zelda game on it cos Ive played it a few times since getting it t'other year and Ive got nowhere.

I would like one too, but would I ever use it? And what colours do they come in? Am I right in thinking just black?...cos my Cubes an ickle lil purple 'un.

Id like to put that first Zelda game on it cos Ive played it a few times since getting it t'other year and Ive got nowhere.

Yup you are right, black was the only colour they released it in over here in Europe.

I never saw the point in that thing.. Why would you want to play GBA games on a TV screen (all blown up)? They're not meant for a TV screen. Surely it's more practical to play on a GBA itself? And the controls are so much better (I hate the Cube controller).

For the money you need for a GBA player, I'm sure you can find a 2nd hand SNES with Super Mario World. Surely that would be much better?

^Actually the gameboy player's upscalling is way better than i though. It has great picture quality. But of course is not as good as playing it in the proper GameBoy.

Surely it's more practical to play on a GBA itself? And the controls are so much better (I hate the Cube controller).

You can use your GBA as a controller, if you have the GCN/GBA cable.

Does it also add rumble to some games?

As far as I know, only Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga

As far as I know, only Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga

From what I can gather, the vibration also works in SMA 4: SMB 3.

You can tell if any of your GB games have rumble by the back of the box OR when you boot it up on any gameboy it will display the player logo

what about the third party advanced game port.the action replay one.There is a good chance that would work with the wii as in plugs into the memory card slot.i have a gameboy player and almost regret getting it.I never liked the gba too much and only bought 3 games for it

I heard the emulator was not brilliant quality on the game port.

it will be interesting to see if this works on the wii though. maybe they will rerelease it when the time comes

The GBPlayer is possibly the best accessory Nintendo has ever put out, the image quality is fantastic and most game actually look better on the GBPLayer than on any of the handhelds (DS Lite can compete with it though)

There is no pixilation with most games and most actually look smother on the GBPlayer than on a handheld (3D games are the exception and Golden Sun suffers a bit on the TV as well) The only problem, and it's not actually a problem with the GBPlayer itself, is that it highlights the worst aspects of a game's visuals and blows them up (Like Golden Sun's world map)

Highly reccomended, this is the best way to play GBA games bar none (Except for Wario Ware Twisted of course :awesome:)

I would recommend getting one as it makes playing various SNES ports a joy, its like going back in time and having a SNES again especially if you pick up the Hori pad.
Yeah the Hori Digital Pad is essential for the GB Player, I've been using mine loads recently playing through Rhythm Tengoku!

I only got my GB Player because it was cheap, (£20) don't think I would have got one otherwise. It is good but I don't like the fact you need a boot disk to use it. Why couldn't they just have had a switch on the side that you could adjust before turning on your Gamecube, or have an extra option appear on the GCN menu once you install the device? That would have made it perfect.

Having long mothballed my GBC in favour of my DS, it's ideal for chilling out at the end of the day when I just gotta catch em' all. Again.

It's also good for big-screen multiplayer Advanced Wars.

Sign in to follow this