NEurope
Demuwan

MP3 better than Metroid Prime?

I was wondering if anyone else was extremely hyped up about Metroid Prime 3

with the new capabilities I think Retro Studios will increase the emphasise on shooting and aiming. This on tern will increase the imersion of the game.

Also I think that Retro Studios will scrap the lock on feature of the previous prime games because it simply isn't needed in MP3. This will spark I believe competion between MP3 and Halo3. They will inevitably be compared and I think that the revoultion controller will definetly give prime the edge.

Another point is I think the difficulty will also shoot up in MP3 because of the absence of lock on. It will invite FPS fans into the world of Metroid and will also shy away from any "kiddy" persona that Nintendo seem to carry.

Who else cannot wait until E3 when they spill the beans on MP3?

I never liked Metroid Prime (1 and 2) for the Gamecube - it is just not my type of game. I also believe that Halo 3 will be an instant hit because the multiplayer focus is too strong to be compared with MP3. Metroid series are solid games in my eyes but I think it can't compete in multiplayer with the Halo series.

To be honest I don't need MP at all.

We don't know, and we won't know until a)we see footage b)we read features c)we play the game.

I never liked Metroid Prime (1 and 2) for the Gamecube - it is just not my type of game. I also believe that Halo 3 will be an instant hit because the multiplayer focus is too strong to be compared with MP3. Metroid series are solid games in my eyes but I think it can't compete in multiplayer with the Halo series.

To be honest I don't need MP at all.

This is true for many of the people that originally didn't like prime.I think with the revoultion Multiplayer focus will increase dramatically especially with the introduction of Nintendo's WiFI service however this is just wishfull thinking on my part. But with it I have faith in Retro Studios and in Nintendo.

Nintendo promised us an in-depth Multiplayer system, so I don't think it'll fail.

Nintendo promised us an in-depth Multiplayer system, so I don't think it'll fail.

I think with hunters nintendo are moving metroid to a fps, probably as a spin off. but possibly altogether.

mario, obviously there are plenty of franchises that could be multiplayer (kart, football, tennis party etc).

f-zero multiplayer - now THAT I'm really looking forward to, especially if they get 30 vehicles over a wan.

Zelda, I think they could make that multiplayer. ish.

Pokemon - definetly, this franchise screams MMORPG, if done right they could kill thousands of poor kids (social life wise).

Nintendo can definitely make wifi connection a AAA service.

You shouldn't compare these games, apart from the fact that they're both first-person, they're totally different. Halo is completly multiplayer based whilst Metroid shouldn't really have a multiplayer at all.

f-zero multiplayer - now THAT I'm really looking forward to, especially if they get 30 vehicles over a wan.

Nintendo can definitely make wifi connection a AAA service.

That I totally agree with you.

You shouldn't compare these games, apart from the fact that they're both first-person, they're totally different. Halo is completly multiplayer based whilst Metroid shouldn't really have a multiplayer at all.

See I think that is a single minded thing to say.Nintendo need to expand the franchise especially metroid and I think multipalyer is the way forward.

Also I totally agree with the people that want to push franchises like Fzero and Pokemon in the right direction. Fzero would be a dream come true with 30 people going at it and dont get me started to pokemon. That screams MMORG however it doesnt quite fit in with Nintendo's policy for free online gaming because usually MMORGS are expensive to run.

You shouldn't compare these games, apart from the fact that they're both first-person, they're totally different.

I agree, because after all, Retro Studios themselves refer to their Prime games as 'first-person adventures' rather than 'first-person shooters'.

Halo is a traditional first-person shooter. Metroid Prime is Metroid in 3D.

Halo is completly multiplayer based whilst Metroid shouldn't really have a multiplayer at all.

I think it should have multiplayer myself, but not one that copies traditional first-person shooters. Something that emphasises Metroid's traits would be much better suited, perhaps a co-op mode that encourages players (as different hunters) to combine there individual powerup abilities to open new areas in the game world, and to defeat the foes they encounter.

I think I am misunderstood here. The fact that I shouldnt compare these games is irrelevant because they will inevitably be comapared especially by casual gamers. Of course MP3 will have heavy emphasise on adventure but it also may have a stronger (than previous games) shooting emphasise because of the revolution controller and the way that the two are suited.

I agree, because after all, Retro Studios themselves refer to their Prime games as 'first-person adventures' rather than 'first-person shooters'.

Halo is a traditional first-person shooter. Metroid Prime is Metroid in 3D.

I think it should have multiplayer myself, but not one that copies traditional first-person shooters. Something that emphasises Metroid's traits would be much better suited, perhaps a co-op mode that encourages players (as different hunters) to combine there individual powerup abilities to open new areas in the game world, and to defeat the foes they encounter.

I was meaning multiplayer as-in lots of people shooting at each other. Online co-op would be feckin' awesome! Should be a must for MP3 (as is online co-op in Halo 3)!

Sure Retro will probably scrap the lock-on concept for Metroid Prime 3 for sensored aiming, but Nintendo are too proud to ever change the way their franchises are just so they can be on the same level as the competition(e.g. Mario will never have a gun like Shadow, Rachet and Jak do). Metroid Prime 3 is the third part of a trilogy, you have to understand that since it is connected to the previous Primes it will probably be about exploring and searching again. Maybe in the future there will be a spin off Metroid game which will be all about shooting and killing but it won't be like that in Prime 3. But hopefully Nintendo will add some awesome multiplayer and online modes. :yes:

Metroid Prime 3 REALLY excites me, because it will be perfect for the Revolution's controller, imagine pulling it back for the charge beam feel :heh:

An extra powerful vibration pack would be awesome for it's charge beam, one where you cam barely hold it in place, of course that probably isn't even legal.

Sure Retro will probably scrap the lock-on concept for Metroid Prime 3 for sensored aiming, but Nintendo are too proud to ever change the way their franchises are just so they can be on the same level as the competition(e.g. Mario will never have a gun like Shadow, Rachet and Jak do). Metroid Prime 3 is the third part of a trilogy, you have to understand that since it is connected to the previous Primes it will probably be about exploring and searching again. Maybe in the future there will be a spin off Metroid game which will be all about shooting and killing but it won't be like that in Prime 3. But hopefully Nintendo will add some awesome multiplayer and online modes. :yes:

I never said that the reason Nintendo should scrap the lock-on is because of the competition. It is because it simply isnt needed. I would never want what you said to happen to any Nintendo franchise so don't assume I would.

The only multiplayer Metroid should have is one that sees players compete in terms of exploration and tasks. Shooting each other doesn't work in the Metroid universe. I think MP3 will take the series further than ever.

MP2 was ok, but it felt like a rejig of the first game. The next game will feel totally fresh and hopefully have completely new, improved graphics and gameplay elements. Don't forget the Rev controller allows for grappling beam to literally be thrown and tugged. Switches, rocks and buttons can be pushed separately. There's lots they can add easily. Stroking, touching, smashing, poking.

Metroid Prime 3 excites me very very much.

Then again I don't think I could have been more excited about Metroid Prime 2, and I was disapointed by it, so I dunno.

I think MP3 will be awesome with the controller but I dunno. I'll think more about it later. Right now I'm excited about Metroid Prime Hunters ;)

since MP3 is going to be a TRUE FPS (instead of the FPA in mp 1 and 2), then I might actually enjoy it. I didn't like the first two primes. I just couldn't get into them.

Don't forget the Rev controller allows for grappling beam to literally be thrown and tugged.

Not if the grappling beam stays attatched to Samus' left arm - I expect the movement sensors will only be used for her gun.

If MP3 decends to the "depth" of FPA, I will forever abandon Samus. MP is not just about shooting and killing... As for multi-player... I do not care, just give me a beautiful single-player experience that is better than MP2.

As this will be the last (?) MP, this better be good.

I'm kind of lookin forward to MP3. After playin the previous 2 titles, i'm looking forward to seeing what this game can do with the rev controller

I actually think it's a shame they chose the Metroid Prime franchise to do the point shoot method. I really liked the lock-on, it's what makes Metroid Prime unique. I hope they use something like the Geist or a new FPS (SR388 would be awesome) because it fits the control even better.

Hay, don't forget tha MP2 was shown to journalists as a demo with the Revo point-and-shoot function, and apparently it actually improved the control system. I loved both Metroid Primes, and I will be definitly be purchasing MP3 with my Revo, possibly at launch. Also, did someone say they actually didn't like metroid? WTF is WRONG with you man? Start playing, before I bust a cap in yo' ass with my controller!