NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
HereticPB

strange Rev Controller images

yeah its just so when u spin the controller sideways u can use it as a nes controller, otherwise its part of the layout

Think hes trying to point out on the top image the buttons are "a" and "b", whereas in the bottom they are "x" and "y" with "a" and "b" next to them.

It's still a prototype so I wouldn't read too much into it, clearly things were being changed right up to the last minute. A & B makes more sense to me. It's simpler.

I actually think they'll be labelled X & Y in the final controller, with B & A engraved underneath the buttons for when you turn it round for NES gaming - there is already a big A button up top, and the B button is a trigger on the underside. It makes no sense to have two pairs of labelled A & B buttons.

Remember how the Gamecube controller changed from the initial version that was shown at Spaceworld 2000. The A and B buttons were different colours, and the B button was shaped like the X and Y. I personally prefered that version. And the Start/pause button was red and rounder. I reckon that the controller on the video is the newer one. Heck even the console itself has changed slightly. Now the word Revolution, has been replaced by the Nintendo logo. Though I wouldn't rule out the console still being called Revolution, I reackon that this is temporary while they create a new logo/name.

It's stupid looking. Not anything like a revolution. Just stupid. The fan boys will disagree, but what ever.

It's stupid looking. Not anything like a revolution. Just stupid. The fan boys will disagree, but what ever.

How constructive. I honestly don't see what's stupid.

By looking at it, I can't see what is revolutionary about it at all. All I see is an analog stick connected to a DVD remote. This consoles whole thing is that it was supposed to be revolutionary, yet it all looks pretty stupid and gimicky. The Xbox 360 and PS3 are gonna wee on this console.

By looking at it, I can't see what is revolutionary about it at all. All I see is an analog stick connected to a DVD remote. This consoles whole thing is that it was supposed to be revolutionary, yet it all looks pretty stupid and gimicky. The Xbox 360 and PS3 are gonna wee on this console.

Have you looked further into it? Looking at images of it won't give you an idea of what the possibilites of fresh gaming could be with it. The PS3 controller looks pretty stupid to me because it's shaped like a boomerang, but I've no doubt that it will perfectly fit the traditional controller role for this upcoming generation of games.

Watch the demo of the Revolution controller and do some imagining once you understand its full potential.

I'm gonna look at some videos. I actually hope I am wrong, because I've been playing Nintendo games since the NES. But it all looks very disappointing to me.

when I saw the first images of the new controller, I thought: now they really lost their mind at nintendo. Sony and Microsoft will own next generation of consoles, goodbye nintendo.

But when I read about the motion sensor, and when I started thinking about it, actually this looks very promising. Just check the demo video and you see the great potential this controller has.

It is also the first time that I'm looking forward to a new Mario Party game, cause with this new controller, that game just HAS to be awesome!!

Just seen the video. It's a lot better than I first thought, but will it take off?

Most ppl that take the time to put all the pieces together understand the controller n its possibilities but to ur average gamer they glance at it and are stumped. I think in a way it's nintendos fault in stead of giving us the FULL loaf of bread they kept on droping crums. Some ppl still dont get IT n i think the secrecy might hurt nintendo in the end.....i hope not cuz the potential of this console is enormous......All i ask is ppl that understand the controller educate others that are a lil lost. Pick up the slack where nintendo left off. NOW WE WAIT TILL 2006 SIGN!

Just seen the video. It's a lot better than I first thought, but will it take off?

read the 1up article. that had me hooked :grin:

Sign in to follow this