NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Demuwan

Exam Results Thread

I feel old. You're all fretting about results and stuff tomorrow, and im wondering how im going to tell my friend im taking his ex-fiance to our manager's wedding reception.

Good luck tomorrow and all that. You'll be fine, I'll let you in on a little secret;

GCSEs don't matter

Shhh.

I had a taster of my lessons. If I don't pass my first Pyschology exam in January, I get kicked off the course.

yeah i think thats the same for me, and for everyone.

you'll have to resit first won't you? i think he said there was like 4 exams over the period. bit too many for me going straight into it aswell.

I feel old. You're all fretting about results and stuff tomorrow, and im wondering how im going to tell my friend im taking his ex-fiance to our manager's wedding reception.

Good luck tomorrow and all that. You'll be fine, I'll let you in on a little secret;

GCSEs don't matter

Shhh.

sooo true if your doing A Levels or similar next year!

GCSEs don't matter

Shhh.

That's like the total opposite of what my head of year said. He said all this crap about "GCSEs are the most important exams in your life"...well bull! It has to be A levels that matter, as my bro found out. He didn't get the grades he wanted so he didn't get into York uni. Now, he is going to Bangor uni in wales where Glynne from Big Brother is going.

That's like th total opposite of what my head of year said. He said all this crap about "GCSEs are the most important exams in your life"...well bull! It has to be A levels that matter, as my bro found out. He didn't get the grades he wanted so he didn't get into York uni. Now, he is going to Bangor uni in wales where Glynne from Big Brother is going.

I still think it is important to do well in GCSE's. However, it is true in the long scheme of education they are quite insignificant.

I still think it is important to do well in GCSE's. However, it is true in the long scheme of education they are quite insignificant.

True. I have to agree with that. 6th form is going to be so cool!

True. I have to agree with that. 6th form is going to be so cool!

Hopefully, are you staying at your current school?

6th form is going to be anything but cool. It will drain your life.

Yeh I kinda thought it might. Ahh well!

BTW what did you take for A levels?

I tool Art, Eng Lit, Chemistry and Bio, not a great combo, you should choose either mostly Arts subjects or mostly Sciences, it get tough when you try to choose 2 sciences and 2 arts cause they don't complement each other so well...

I tool Art, Eng Lit, Chemistry and Bio, not a great combo, you should choose either mostly Arts subjects or mostly Sciences, it get tough when you try to choose 2 sciences and 2 arts cause they don't complement each other so well...

Quite close to mine :wink:

"choose 2 sciences and 2 arts cause they don't complement each other so well."

Can I ask why you say that?

Yeah, cos when I go back to school (1 day before everyone else because we have to greet the little yr 7s) we all have to pay £15 into sixth form...for tea coffee and trips at the end of the year.

Yeah, cos when I go back to school (1 day before everyone else because we have to greet the little yr 7s) we all have to pay £15 into sixth form...for tea coffee and trips at the end of the year.

We each had to make a £20 deposit at the beginning of 6th form, which is returned at the end as long as nothing is damaged... nobody ever gets it back though. Last year they lost it because they had a barbecue on the last day which melted the tarmac.

We each had to make a £20 deposit at the beginning of 6th form, which is returned at the end as long as nothing is damaged... nobody ever gets it back though. Last year they lost it because they had a barbecue on the last day which melted the tarmac.

I dont have to pay anything, other 6th year classes had to when they had a common room. I have to pay 30 quid to rent a prefect blazer for the year though. Or buy (a better) one for £55....

12 1/2 hours until i'll be at school getting my results ^_^

It makes me happy.

getting mine tomorow, and the only thing mi worried about is i dont know what time to go in tomorow...?

im going at 10, but they didnt tell us any times or even when so its not my fault really. now i know when, all i dont know is time..

The only thing im looking forward to in college is Computing, partly cos a Ukrainian is the teacher lol :D

but graphics & psycholgy were ok pics, psychology wasnt untili had a 'taster lesson' where told us what we do. Business studies is where i want to change. i didnt like what i heard in the tatser lesson, so i might chang it to maths, or a science. which is the best science? might go chemistry or physics, never really liked biology.

Yeah well... my computing teacher is going to be Iraqi. Beat that :P

On another note, I am poop dead scared about my results. I just hope I achieve the grades needed to get into my Sixth Form (9 Bs). I know they aren't very important in the long run, but for me, they are a stepping stone, but nonetheless, a stepping stone I could very easily slip and crack my head on...

12 1/2 hours until i'll be at school getting my results ^_^

It makes me happy.

Does everyone in England go into their school to get their results? In Scotland everyone's get posted out to them... They were testing emailing them to some people this year actually.

Does everyone in England go into their school to get their results? In Scotland everyone's get posted out to them... They were testing emailing them to some people this year actually.

Most people get them. But you can get them posted if you prefer. Emailing is a no (for me anyway).

That's like the total opposite of what my head of year said. He said all this crap about "GCSEs are the most important exams in your life"...well bull! It has to be A levels that matter, as my bro found out.

Year 11; "GCSEs are the most import exams of your life. FEAR THEM LIKE THE IMPENDING APOCALYPSE!!!"

Year 12; "AS exams are more important than life!"

Year 13; "OMG A-Levels RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!"

Teachers are very dramatic.

Oh and A-levels > GCSEs. You get to do stuff you want (if you've been sensible), more relaxed timetable and atmosphere in general and umm own clothes.

Oh and A-levels > GCSEs. You get to do stuff you want (if you've been sensible), more relaxed timetable and atmosphere in general and umm own clothes.

However, they are harder... though I found GCSE's rather boring.

Anyway... time for me to start A2's, and in the case of maths, A3's and 4's.

I'd say A-Levels are more work, didn't seem that much harder to me. But then, they are by definition harder.

As much as people say GCSE's are unimportant, they're wrong. You need 'em for College. In my case, I need 5 C's or above to get where I need to be.

The grading, I couldn't care about, because all that counts is C or above.

Plus, I only had 1 year to do my 2 year GCSE courses.

At least for a levels, I'm doing the subjects I enjoy and am good at. Doing RS just totally sucked the life out of me. Although proving my catholic teacher wrong was quite funny.

I'd say A-Levels are more work, didn't seem that much harder to me. But then, they are by definition harder.

the jump from GCSE to AS level isnt noticable, i got by doing like no work, however A2's are where the shit hits the fan and you HAVE to work AND retake!

so work hard people! have fun in the next 3 weeks though :p

Sign in to follow this