NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Demuwan

Exam Results Thread

My results are coming through next Thursday, apparently. I'll have to look into it but i'm fairly sure.

I took A2 English Lang & Lit and 2 AS to fill in my dropped courses (Law and Psychology) I need a CDD at the minimum, as i got fairly good grades last year pulling most my grades up!

I'm taking English Language and Journalism hopefully next year at Huddersfield uni. I'm still gunna live at home to avoid debt and i'll be driving to uni on the days i'm there. I'll also be at Domstercool's more than i should do... ;) I really hope things go well.

The only downside is, inside I still feel really young. I still look really young and i fear not fitting in. I still look like i did when i was 15, i kid you not. Well... bar the obvious.

My results are coming through next Thursday, apparently. I'll have to look into it but i'm fairly sure.

Yea, it will be on thurs

I'm taking English Language and Journalism hopefully next year at Huddersfield uni. I'm still gunna live at home to avoid debt and i'll be driving to uni on the days i'm there. I'll also be at Domstercool's more than i should do... ;) I really hope things go well.

Lucky bastard. Theres only one decent uni in this whole country, and it takes 4/5 hours minimum to get there (3.5-4 on a train). So, I'll have to have accommodation near the uni.

On top of that, due to my Step Dad's job, I will get the worst in terms of loans. Also, the £1000 grants for Physics go to the ones "more financially in need".

However, my Step Dad has said that he will hardly be able to help at all, his reason is childcare costs. (4-year old sister and 3 1/2 month old brother). But I think the recent (in the last year) purchases of a projector, HD Plasma TV, Surround sound system, digital camcorder, high-range digital camera, garage (plus conversion into my current room - my step dad is already planning to convert it into a utility room), decking, new conservetory (wasnt much wrong with the old one), redecorating most of the house (replacing laminate flooring), and expensive BBQ may also have something to do with it.

One of my friends will get a lot of financial support from his parents, who no longer work, so he will also get all the loans and grants.

Stupid system.

Not sure if you'r referring to me or to everyone. But i don't live in England.

My sincerest apologies......:o

i've done A2 Biology (AQA B), Chemistry (OCR) and Physics (Salters) and im absofuckinglutely shitting it :(

hopefully i'll get the grades i need if not i have the perfect excuse to get absolutly pished, and if i do get the grades, its an even better reason to get drunk :D woooooooooooo

Man Im shitting myself over this, I know its only gcses but still... At least I know I've done well in my subjects Im taking next year (maths, fmaths, chem, physics).

I'm not nervous at all for my GCSE results. I get the feeling that come results day however, I'm going to be nevous as hell :(

I'm not nervous at all for my GCSE results. I get the feeling that come results day however, I'm going to be nevous as hell :(

I too am not nervous at all,

yet

Last year I got a confirmation letter from my uni in the post before I went to collect my A Level results, sort of spoiled the occasion I thought :(

Last year I got a confirmation letter from my uni in the post before I went to collect my A Level results, sort of spoiled the occasion I thought :(

A mate of mine got her letter like that too, except it said that her uni would not be accepting her.

Needless to say, she wasn't a very happy bunny collecting her results.

I think there was a bit UCAS/university enquiry after that for the reasons that Flink said. Needless to say, I don't think it happens much more...

I'd rather find out my results at home, because I would hate to be disappointed in front of all those happy people. I hate it when people go to you "What did you get?" when they don't care what grades you got they just want to rub their success down your throat.

Needless to say I will checking UCAS track the morning of results before going to pick mine up.

I'd rather find out my results at home, because I would hate to be disappointed in front of all those happy people. I hate it when people go to you "What did you get?" when they don't care what grades you got they just want to rub their success down your throat.

Needless to say I will checking UCAS track the morning of results before going to pick mine up.

Thats why Im getting mine in the post. That and because I will be on holiday.

i wouldnt bother going in to pick them up if it was me, so i'm steering clear of UCAS on thursday morning.

i have a feeling in my doo dahs that i havent got what i needed so im kinda prepared for it now anyway but still results day seems so horribly final sometimes. :(

Guys, remember, whats done is done. You did these exams months ago, so don't feel hard up if you don't get the results you initially expected. Just remember to take this in your stride.

Also, if you haven't got your results to get into your prefered University, sometimes, they may make an exception and take you on anyway.

My friend applied to do engineering at Swansea, and he missed out by a grade or two, yet they still decided to take him on.

Now, i'm not saying that if you didn't do as well as you thought, you will still get into your first choice. I ain't saying that. What i'm saying is that in certain cases they may make an exception. A quick phone call to the Uni and explain the situation, etc.

i have the feeling tomorrow morning is gunna be a mess.

what do i need? the firm and insurance choice Uni's admissions telephone numbers? just a PC to check the UCAS webby?

i'm just starting to go through all the bumf UCAS has sent me and its getting me UBER nervous!

i have the feeling tomorrow morning is gunna be a mess.

what do i need? the firm and insurance choice Uni's admissions telephone numbers? just a PC to check the UCAS webby?

i'm just starting to go through all the bumf UCAS has sent me and its getting me UBER nervous!

UCAS track is the place to go to see if your place is confirmed, but last year I seem to remember it being down all morning due to the number of people trying to access it. Make sure you have the phone numbers of the relevant people at the unis (probably the admissions tutor at your department, although they may set up a special helpline or something), so that you can ring up and beg if you miss your offer.

Make sure you have the phone numbers of the relevant people at the unis (probably the admissions tutor at your department, although they may set up a special helpline or something), so that you can ring up and beg if you miss your offer.

does that actually work? :p

Just wondering if anyone on here from Ireland got their Leaving Cert results today? If so I hope you're happy! All you have to do is wait for the CAO offers next Monday now!

Edit:

And Best of luck to you all for tomorrow in UK and elsewhere!

Just wondering if anyone on here from Ireland got their Leaving Cert results today? If so I hope you're happy! All you have to do is wait for the CAO offers next Monday now!

I too would like to say good luck to those who haven't recieved results and congrats to those who got their Leaving Cert results today.

I'm not really to worried about tomorrow, what is done is done, I think I may just take my results, and open them in the car or at home, rather than in front of everyone, as I like to look over them properly first.

Good luck guys. Don't worry about them so much, if you miss out on a few grades most uni's still accept you or let you on a similar course. One of my friends needed BBC, and got DDD, she begged and they still let her in. Even if you don't get the grades, its not the end of the world, the clearing system works really well. Again goood luck.

Sign in to follow this