NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Demuwan

Exam Results Thread

Im shitting them (need an AAB - A in biology).

I need a valium each time I think about them..

What other subjects do you take.

I hope I did well if so I may go to uni, if not well....I tried, so I have nothing to regret.

Edit: I need BBC for the course I am intrested in.

I presume you're taking chemistry and maybe physics aswell...

Whats the demand like for your course? Im sure you'll get the required grades anyway but if you dont and the course you want to take is not in high demnd, the universities tend to let a couple of the grades slip.

Chemistry and Geography!

Heh, they're a bit gay but they're fun enough.

Nice one on Chemistry

Geography is a bit crap though. I hate it.

EDIT: Im taking Biology and Chemistry next year so would you recommend them!

(also taking English Lit and Maths) *for AS*

Nice one on Chemistry

Geography is a bit crap though. I hate it.

EDIT: Im taking Biology and Chemistry next year so would you recommend them!

(also taking English Lit and Maths) *for AS*

I would Reccomend Language other than Literature to be honest. You learn alot more in Lang and you get to explore and improve Language use and essay writing skills. The coursework is amazing, you're not tied down to any sort of boundaries while writing it.

I would Reccomend Language other than Literature to be honest. You learn alot more in Lang and you get to explore and improve Language use and essay writing skills. The coursework is amazing, you're not tied down to any sort of boundaries while writing it.

English Literature is my favourite subject and my English teacher highly recommends, I do it. So im not going to budge on that one:awesome: .

A2 English lit CW gives you a lot of freedom as well, as you get to compare two books of your own choice, and pick amongst books for wider reading. Although I definitely preferred Lang to Lit overall, they were both great courses.

i do find it quite annoying that in england ya only have to do exams in 3 subjects!!!In Ireland we have to do 7

i do find it quite annoying that in england ya only have to do exams in 3 subjects!!!In Ireland we have to do 7

Not neccesarily in my school we do IB in which you have six subjects. However its quite unpopular at my school.

We did OCR (non Salters) chemistry - it was alright. Id recommend taking both the subjects as they provide some good paths to very good courses in universities.

Irish education is hard but we get loads of holidays which more or less makes up for it. 3 months! ahhhh

Are you talking about school or college? In School I took 9 GCSEs, in college I took 3 subjects plus general studies for A-Levels, at Uni I'm taking one main subject...

Can't wait 'til results day (24th)

I've already got 1 A, from last year (Maths). I'm not even worried about my english result as the college i want to go to said they don't mind if I didn't get a C, as long as I get a private tutor to get one before Uni.

I just hope my science grade is up to scratch, and my graphics grade (I worked my ass off on the coursework, better have done well in the exams)

Only 7? I had to do 9 in my 9th year and i do 12 exams per year (average) at uni.

Curiosity: How many time do you have to wait for your results? +/-

We wait 2 weeks average for any exam.

This isn't going to help. But I'm so glad I'm not in your shoes. I was offered a place a City University in London, 320 points. Miraculously I was predicted ABB, I know that isn't going to happen, most likely BCD. But had I needed that ABB, I'd be shitting it right now. So my best of luck to you.

God i wish i was doing A-levels again.

I got my 2nd year uni exam results back, which got a 2:2 in. Which in Oxford speak is a fail, so i've gotta go see my tutors and everything when i go back. Not that happy, as i've been denied being able to do the 4 year course, and so I can only get a bachelors and not a masters. Hopefully i'll be able to pull it up to 2:1 next year.

@blackfox, dont worry about it, my lowest offer i got was AAB. most universities will take you if you miss one of the the grades (except ox, cam). you'll be fine. What course are you planning to do?

We did OCR (non Salters) chemistry - it was alright. Id recommend taking both the subjects as they provide some good paths to very good courses in universities.

Well, after the massive Salters "Individual Investigation", I was certain I wouldn't get a B. (Hence my uni choices - the other 4 choices wanted a B in chemistry.)

@blackfox, dont worry about it, my lowest offer i got was AAB. most universities will take you if you miss one of the the grades (except ox, cam). you'll be fine. What course are you planning to do?

Plan on medicine :)

Although i hear that you need AAB, they wont except anyone lower :(

To be honest, I'm pretty scared of the GCSE results day. I know they mean next to nothing in "the real world" they are still looked at on university applications, although only the top universites consider them seriously and use them as a first filter of all applications, something like you need 3+ A* .

Anywho, thats not whats got me worried. It's the fact thhat i need the point equivalent of 9 B's to get back into my Sixth Form, and that's a point total i will either just miss out or just surpass. I just don't know what i would do. My parents would be really dissapointed, I would have to leave everyone i know behind, I'd have to go to a school that is literally miles away from where I live, plus, I foolishy didnt even apply for a place at that school because I couldnt think of leaving my current school.

It's only at night when the thought of rejection from my school comes into my mind which recently has hindered my chances of getting to sleep easily. I know people say "it's no good worring about it now, it's not in your hands etc", but I cant help fret and worry about what I would do if I failed to get in...

Worse is that this is going to dampen the holiday that I am going on prior to results day. I get back from holiday the morning of the results day and I am scared of what lies in store for me that day.

Next Thursday will be the bain of my life, I'm so worried about the whole thing. I've applied to study Irish and French at Queen's in Belfast and I need BBB or the equivalent, but I'm still confused as to how UCAS Clearing works exactly - can I still look for places in QUB to do Irish/French or do I have to opt for a different course? I don't really want to do anything else to be honest.

How is everyone else waiting on results feeling?

Only 7? I had to do 9 in my 9th year and i do 12 exams per year (average) at uni.

Curiosity: How many time do you have to wait for your results? +/-

We wait 2 weeks average for any exam.

Irish Leaving Cert finishes last week in June, then results usually come out 3rd week of August.

I do about 12 exams a year at university too.

I though in England ye only did 3 subjects as your final exams in secondary school (A-Levels??)

I though in England ye only did 3 subjects as your final exams in secondary school (A-Levels??)

Not sure if you'r referring to me or to everyone. But i don't live in England.

Sign in to follow this