NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Rob3008

Anyone had experience with the Freeloader?

Sorry for making yet another thread asking for advice :o It's just I've decided to import Baten Kaitos on import (as it works out SOOO much cheaper) and a Freeloader, but I was wondering how people have got on with it so far? I've these nightmares of it stopping working when I reach Disc 2!

Hmmm im not sure about Baten Kaitos but I have had no trouble with all the imports that I have played with on Freeloader, it really is a wonderful piece of kit.

It should be fine. I'm sure it asks you to save before you change disc so if it doesn't work when you change the disc you should be able to load it from the second disc.

Can anyone else remember if it asks to save before the disc swap.

Cheers for replies :D I got a free Animal Crossing only one with Cube mag (RIP) a long time ago and it worked a treat, so just wanted confirmation.

I ordered the one off Amazon, but wish I'd got the one on Lik-sang the one I ordered was only the original version.

Does anyone know why they upgraded to the 1.06B version? Does the old one still work or what's the story with it?

this is sooo long ago.. but as I remember it there was problems with the older version af Freeloader and some games.. so they had to release a newer version (1.06) to take care of that.. I bought it just to play Animal Crossing way back when..

I tell you what is weird. I recently bought Naruto 4 ( jap ) and Naruto 1 ( US ) and the freeloader wont wont on my newer Pearl White Cube. I load the games in and get to the title screen then they crash. I then tried them in my R Evil4 Cube and they work fine.

Would the freeloader work with the Wii? if not im going to have to buy a PAL mario golf.

i've got the jap version of baten Kaitos along with a freelaoder and theres no problem at all. the change of disc works fine.

I tell you what is weird. I recently bought Naruto 4 ( jap ) and Naruto 1 ( US ) and the freeloader wont wont on my newer Pearl White Cube. I load the games in and get to the title screen then they crash. I then tried them in my R Evil4 Cube and they work fine.

as far as I know the white gamecube doesnt work with it.

to OP i have four ntsc games... mgs: twin snkes, resi 4, megaman anniversary collection and megaman X collection adn they all work grand with the v1.06b freeloader.

I had the same problem just the other week. I used to always use my Freeloader to play the US Version of Pokemon Colosseum and download extra Jirachis from the pre order bonus disk. This was with my Black Gamecube I got at launch.

When I wanted to use it the other day on my pearl white Cube, it wouldn't let the freeloader work -kept getting the message "No Valid Disc"

:(

I guess at some point Nintendo decided to tweak with the hardware to prevent the Freeloader working??

Yep that's pretty much what they did. But seeing as it's pretty much end-of-life on the Cube anyhow, it won't affect many users.

Sign in to follow this