NEurope
Cheapshot

The Best Gaming Music Ever.

What are everyones favourite tracks from Tales of Symphonia?

Mine have to be:

Escape from enemy base

Venturers colony(such a happy tune)

Like a Gling of Light

Dry Trail (although it makes me really sad and depressed with life lol)

Fighting of the spirit (although I got a remix which is 20 times better)

Final Destination

I have bits and bobs from here and there of the soundtrack, currently downloading the whole thing off blue laguna. Because er, yeah i own the original and stuff ::)

Anyway, my favorite would be, so far, Revival, Last Battle ~Decision~, Ending Staff Roll and a Prologue.

Can't wait to listen to the rest.

say if you own the game with tracks on but not the the album, is it still ok to download the mp3s legally?

What are everyones favourite tracks from Tales of Symphonia?

Mine have to be:

Escape from enemy base

Venturers colony(such a happy tune)

Like a Gling of Light

Dry Trail (although it makes me really sad and depressed with life lol)

Fighting of the spirit (although I got a remix which is 20 times better)

Final Destination

I know i know... second time i quoted you... but just downloaded escape from enemy base. Love it love it! :D

say if you own the game with tracks on but not the the album, is it still ok to download the mp3s legally?

Not sure, don't thik so though. But i'll turn a blind eye ;)

Ooh tough one, Pokemon games had good music for battles.

PPF theme for battling Popoi was cool.

What else?

F-Zero music, and DONKEY KONG: JUNGLE BEAT BABY!

Boss Battle theme from Final Fantasy VII > All.

Otherworld (Battle of Jecht music) from FFX was awesome too.

HI all, im new and 32 ( god, i feel old on this forum). Ive played many many games in my time and i cannot emphasize enough the importance music plays in adding atmosphere . I feel, if its done well, it can go a long way to deciding if the game itself sticks in your mind . For me, the music in shadowman on n64 was definetley the most atmospheric music ive heard in many games .Singularly, the boss music in the metroid prime games ,particularly QUADRAXIS, is totaly outstanding,kenji yamamoto is a genius. As ive said, im totaly new to these forums and i hope ,as an old git , to put this (nintendos for kids) shit argument to bed. c ya soon.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned this: Starfox/Starwing, on the SNES.

It had a totally revolutionary soundtrack for its time, and the end theme is still unforgettable. I'd pass the whole game just to hear that music! Too bad they underused it in the later Starfox games, replacing it with a somewhat crappy tune. SSBM had glimpses of it, though.

What's everyones deal with TOS's music!? Other than the ending music it was all rather generic in my opinion. I try to respect others' opinions but I just don't understand this.

*Plays Tales of Symphonia* Nah, still sounds crap.

Play a Squaresoft game. :indeed:

=blumeanie.]HI all, im new and 32 ( god, i feel old on this forum).

Don't stereotype us all off at once, there are some highly intelligent and deep people on this forum. You can't judge a person by Age anyway.

(on topic)

DK rap for comic value.

What's everyones deal with TOS's music!? Other than the ending music it was all rather generic in my opinion. I try to respect others' opinions but I just don't understand this.

*Plays Tales of Symphonia* Nah, still sounds crap.

Play a Squaresoft game. :indeed:

What Final Fantasy.

*Step*

Fight.. oh noes, ok fight win...

*Step... step* Fight!

Argh

*step*

Fight! Godamnit. This is worse than pokemon!

*st..FIGHT.

You get the idea.

My fave game music has gotta be the Halo 2 soundtrack...it's just magnificent. I think Martin O'Donnell & Michael Salvatori (as well as Breaking Benjamin, Hoobastank, and Incubus) have done a great job creating atmosphere for the game.

What Final Fantasy.

*Step*

Fight.. oh noes, ok fight win...

*Step... step* Fight!

Argh

*step*

Fight! Godamnit. This is worse than pokemon!

*st..FIGHT.

You get the idea.

Ahem, we're talking about music here.

My favourite gaming music would be the little ditto played after you won a battle in final fantasy vii, slightly changed for the other versions as well.

HI all, im new and 32 ( god, i feel old on this forum).

Don't stereotype us all off at once, there are some highly intelligent and deep people on this forum. You can't judge a person by Age anyway.

I'm sorry? He just said he was 32-years-old and felt older than most on the forum. He didn't say, "I'm 32 and far better then all of you shallow little kiddies! You are all cretins and I judge this by your age!"

Tales of Symphonia's music, much like the rest of the game, simply doesn't sit well with me. It's all just so saccharine, like a beaten housewife fervently denying that there's anything wrong when there clearly is.

Whilst it is more soundscape then soundtrack, Eric Brosius's work on the Thief series is highly atmospheric.

Noone's mentioned Truxton on the Mega Drive. I hadn't played that game for bout 8 years, fired it up again and it was exactly how I remembered it...aah! And Toejam and Earl on Mega Drive of Course :-)

I think a lot of people who have played other RPGs in the past and present find Tales of Symphonia a little mediocre. Its a case of rose-tinting it in my case. Its sadly the first proper RPG I've played, and coupled with the excellent battle system and a lot of time spent with myself hyping it... the game was never going to be anything other than excellent in my opinion.

Metroid Prime (New fave game has just awesome atmospheric tunes)

Yoshi's Island (Was my favorite game and the tunes are stuck in my head.)

Sonic Adventure 2: Battle (what? <_< >_> )

Meteos (Planet tunes rock!)

Super Smash Bros. Melee (classic Nintendo tunes eveywhere)

All greats.

oh thats an easy one... Zelda: OoT definitly... no doubt there... i almost begin to cry when I hear all those good old songs and melodics again ;(

Above all, Tales of Symphonia!

But other include:

-Zelda OOT and LTTP [For the dark overworld theme tune.]

-SA2:B was great, especially for the song 'Live and learn'. I used to play the final boss battle just to hear the music.

-Fahrenheit did indeed have a good soundtrack. Plenty of strings used, and at the right moments.

Final fantasy boss music owns.

Also a lot of Skies Of Arcadia music is good.

Generally RPGs are the games with the good music as in RPGs players are meant to feel emotion and by playing certain types of music it can communicate the scenes emotion what the audience should be feeling thus ensuring that emotion is felt.

A rather cheap technique one might add as if the actor/game character cannot make the audience feel emotion just on their own then they're very good now are they.

*drama GCSE*

I haven't gotten around to playing the rest of the series, but Silent Hill 2 has a great soundtrack. The composer, Akira Yamaoka, really appreciates that silence is as important a sound as any*.

*Okay, so technically it can't be a sound, but you know what I mean.

Kingdom Hearts had probably the greatest gaming music ever. Every song was beautiful in it's own right.