Cheapshot

The Best Gaming Music Ever.

i really liked them little tunes on the zx spectrum like rick dangerous, manic miner, dizzy,

Not seen many people talking about this tune yet...

Really great tune this.

10 hours ago, GenericAperson said:

Not seen many people talking about this tune yet...

Really great tune this.

Hmmm... Not too keen on that one. This is more my jam.

Fair enough. My opinion is quite the opposite, I'm not so keen on the regular battle theme but all in for the Fogbeast one even if it takes a while to really get going.

I've found myself going back to the Outer Wilds soundtrack a lot in recent months and just a few weeks back  Andrew Prahlow, the game's composer, did a live performance of a new track for the game to start of the first Day of the Devs stream back in June and I've been listening to it so much because its just a beautiful composition that fits so well with what he'd already done on that game.

Every time I listen, I wish so much that I could play the game from scratch with a completely fresh mind, none of the memories of having done it all before because it really is a fantastic game. I do envy people who get to play it for the first time and especially those who stick with it to the end.

• Like 1

Doing a lot of pretty monotonous spreadsheet processing for work at the moment, so been listening to a mix of film scores (a lot of Morricone after his recent passing) and game scores.

This stands out:

This Final Fantasy VI medley arrangement by Roger Wanamo, performed by the Royal Philharmonic, is absolutely fantastic :bowdown:

• Like 1

While doing some nerdy Pokémon talk on another thread, I was reminded of this particular remix from Pokémon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire.

I give a lot of slack to this particular remake, but I definitely cannot fault the music.

Playing through Timesplitters Future Perfect and while the game has a perfectly respectable soundtrack... it just reminds me how how good Timesplitters 2's soundtrack is:

^The background music for this one has some similarities to Prime Hunters' menu theme.

And of course, cannot do this list without the game's most iconic theme:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Been listening to a lot of gaming music at work (still doing a lot of manual work at the moment, a whole lot of spreadsheets, woo). Last few days has been listening to everything I can on lara6683's channel, she's insanely talented! 

Favourites were Chrono Trigger and Final Fantasy Compilations, but there's so much more which is well worth checking out! 

And in case you needed any more evidence of her talent, there's this insane offhand medley from a while back she did melding together game, TV, and film music - all suggested to her by her Twitch chat - which actually went on for a total of around 2 hours on Twitch from what I've read elsewhere!

Insane :bowdown: always a big fan of people just showcasing their passion, hard work, and talent for others to enjoy!

Edited by Julius
  • Like 1

I can never find this thread - realised it's because my mind skips over pinned topics. 

Anyway, came across this song on Spotify. Never played the game, but it's a great track: