NEurope
Cheapshot

The Best Gaming Music Ever.

Kingdom Hearts? The battle music in the heartless stronghold was awesome huh?

Er... Well the were other great tunes in it like the theme in Traverse Town and the music in the final battle.

I'd have to say that Fable on the xbox sits right up there alongside your zelda's and metroid primes and castlevania IV's. That music is totally amazing for the game!

I'd have to say that Fable on the xbox sits right up there alongside your zelda's and metroid primes and castlevania IV's. That music is totally amazing for the game!

Danny Elfman had a hand in that, I seem to remember it was the main theme he did.

Im gonna throw out one here for Rome: Total War. the musical score is a thing of beauty. etheral vocals over harps annd stuff on the campaign map and heart pounding war drums in the heat of battle. its perfect both aurally and thematically.

also for retro choonz of choice, Super Metroid has some of the finest atmospheric music ever put to chip. splendid.

Adam Freeland track called Fear featured in the last level of Rez, probably the greatest implentation of music/sound I've seen in a game.

Adam Freeland track called Fear featured in the last level of Rez, probably the greatest implentation of music/sound I've seen in a game.

As in this?

(I know, it sounds a lot better in the actual game.)

The music in Phantasy star online 3 CARD and the music in Phendrana Drifts in Metroid prime are some of my favourite tunes.

The music from the forest and jungle stages in Phantasy star online epside 1 & 2 are pretty cool too.

Zelda Ocarina of Time and Tales of Symphonia music. Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow music isn't bad either, but it isn't the best gaming music.

Im a huge fan of VGM, but I have so many faves. Zelda, Mario, Final Fantasy, Contra, Castlevania, Prince of Persia, Metroid,... Fable also has great musics but theyre not very memorable.

I just got the Final Fantasy VII Advent Children soundtrack, which I think must accompany the movie - and it sounds very very good, it's pretty much an enhanced version of the original PS game's music.

FFVII AC One Winged Angel is awesome, they really rocked it up with the guitar. Fantastic Soundtrack if I do say so myself.

Sonic The Hedgehog theme tune, specifically from Sonic 1.

Stage 1 music, title and stage 8 music from Streets Of Rage 2.

Title music, Hyrule Field music, Kakariko Village music, House music from OOT.

Castle lobby music from SM64.

Dam, Facility, Frigate, Control, Cradle music from GoldenEye.

Main menu music, Starfox theme tune, Starwolf theme tune from Lylatwars.

Shenmue main menu music.

Chu Chu Rocket theme tune.

Ocean City music from Wave Race: Blue Storm

God I can't think of anymore.

I've never played Starfox 64....Is the Starwolf different on that compared to Assault?! If it's not the same, then that music goes there too.

1.final fantasy(vii and x were the best though)

2.kingdom hearts(against sephiroth was cool)

3.fable(when you fight jack of blades)

4.castlevania (cradle of filth tribute)

5.metroid prime (piano solo)

Zelda Main Theme Orchestral,

F-Zero GX

Tales of Symphonia

and we should not forget...

Metroid Prime

My top 5 list:

The Legend of Zelda - Ocarina of Time

The Legend of Zelda - Majoras Mask

Diddy Kong Racing

Donkey Konga (Japanese version)

I like the scary background music in Resident Evil (remake) for the cube. and also I got into mozart after hearing The Moonlight Sonata (played on a piano in order to solve a puzzle in the game.)

Lemmings has an awesome soundtrack. Some amazingly clever remixes that work suprisingly well and tunes that can easily get stuck in your head.

Just a shame "Oh no! More Lemmings" had some pretty forgettable music...

Shinin' by Mondo Grosso off the Lumines soundtrack rocks my tits off!

Oh, and that Aisle 10 song off JSRF. And the I Love Love You song.

And the music in Metroid Prime on the, um, grassy, um, part... (forgive me, I've not played it for 2 years :P)

The best song is without doubt the Bolero in Ocarina of Time, but also the music from WipeOut for N64 was great

But don't forget Pac Man music, who don't recognize it? :love: