NEurope
Cheapshot

The Best Gaming Music Ever.

Stumbled across Video Games Live's great Pokémon medley:

Seriously has zero right being that good. 

Tangentially, kind of counts because it's music from a game which has been reorchestrated, but over the last few years I've kept coming back to the anime version of the Ecruteak/Cianwood theme:

It taking off at 1:20 gives me chills every single time. It's made even better because it reminds me a whole lot of one of my favourite tracks from Hunter x Hunter, Overture (compare 1:20 of the above to 1:15 of this and you'll see what I mean). 

Video game music man. Good stuff :D

Now, to the surprise of nobody, the soundtrack to Three Hopes is pretty dopes. Besides the expected remixes, there are at least two very cool tracks: Who let the drummer compose a song? and You will remember it's not Xenoblade

At least that's what I'm calling them

Started playing CrossCode recently and I know its an RPG and all that but...

...dang, this music is awesome!

Yeah, caught me by surprise when that played. It goes proper ham!

But, come on. You gotta post this game's version of "Sudden ambush by giant gorilla with weird name while electric guitar plays" song!

It might be better then the first one!

• Like 1

So much good music in Xenoblade 3, its hard to really highlight it all, if I had to go with one... I couldn't. But I will at least post this here

That piano swell is amazing.

I've also progressed more in CrossCode and this game's soundtrack continues to deliver.

Was watching Dunkey's Nintendo Direct vs Sony Direct video, got to Bayonetta 3, and he played Riders of the Light...

...and now I need to play Bayonetta. I already knew SEGA's Sound Team generally went hard, but damn, that's one hell of a track! :D

Edited by Julius

30 hours into CrossCode and I've just heard this gem of a tune:

Gives some Golden Sun vibes among other games.

Used to own Ridge Racer Type 4 on the PS1 as a kid but I never really payed any attention to the music.Turns out every track in this game is pretty good. Kind of drum and bass with some electronic stuff thrown in.

• Like 1

Just re-discovered the SSX Tricky soundtrack on Spotify. Amazing.

Dr. Pez is back with another Pokémon medley (after creating my favourite Pokémon medley with their Ruby & Sapphire work), and of course this time it's for Diamond & Pearl. And it's awesome. 

Eterna on the erhu :cry: Route 210 and that Twinleaf reprise are top tier too :bowdown:

Just reminds me how much of a bottle job Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl were in recreating and (failing at) reinvigorating the original OST. Urghhhhhhhhhh. 

Just re-discovered the SSX Tricky soundtrack on Spotify. Amazing.

Awesome song. Love the way it builds.

Back with some more posts, this time from Pokemon Violet and a few more tunes from CrossCode:

The tune above has STRONG Uematsu final boss vibes about it.

Spoiler

Bury the Light (DMCV) x A Beautiful Song (NieR: Automata) works so well it's unreal

Think Bury the Light's chorus might've just singlehandedly bumped DMC up my list of games to play...