NEurope
Cheapshot

The Best Gaming Music Ever.

On 25/12/2021 at 4:49 PM, Glen-i said:

5 minute orchestra performance of some of the Pokémon Diamond/Pearl soundtrack released on the TPC YouTube channel. Get in here, @Julius EDIT: OK, can't seem to embed it. Here's a link.

Nice! :D

Also seems like they're finally sharing the original soundtrack in an official and modern capacity with this chunky two and a half hour playlist:

• Like 1

I know I've posted about this before... but HOLY MOTHER OF CHRIST are the newly arranged Final Fantasy Pixel Remaster soundtracks absolutely fucking incredible!!!

Just LISTEN to this aural bliss! Final Fantasy 4 PR's Battle 2 might well be the best thing my ears have ever heard!

Even though these versions are kind of mediocre all around? I'd buy the crap out of them on Switch just for the soundtracks alone!

Final Fantasy 6 Pixel Remaster comes out this month... I absolutely cannot wait to hear that soundtrack get the same treatment! :D

BTW, as an aside, for those with the means... There is now an MSU-1 patch available for FF4 on SNES, so you can play the original SNES version of FF4 with the new Pixel Remaster soundtrack! Best of both worlds :hehe:

Edited by Dcubed
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

Final Fantasy 6 Pixel Remaster comes out this month...

And then it comes to Switch in the summer with the rest of them, right?!

... right? :cry: 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

So I tried the Triangle Strategy demo. There's some interesting things in there. Not sure if I'm sold.

But I'll tell you one thing, that Title Screen music is amazing!

Then again, Octopath Traveler also has an amazing soundtrack, so it's not too surprising.

• Thanks 1

Why does the title of this video sound like some sort of activation phrase for a brainwashed sleeper agent?
  • Haha 4

This isn't new news or anything, but Dolphin Shoals is the single best piece of music in the entire Mario Kart series.

Just spent the last hour listening to this absolute AURAL SEX!  Oh that sax solo is just absolutely GLORIOUS!!

Man, I think the Wii U/3DS era might well be when Nintendo's musicians were at their absolute PEAK! :D

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Dcubed said:

this absolute AURAL SEX

You know, I just realised that the words "Aural" and "Oral" are homophones, meaning they're pronounced the same. The truly ironic thing is that the difference between both words cannot be properly conveyed through aural or oral means. How curious.

Your usage of the word is the entire reason I thought about this.

• Haha 1

So Square Enix have just launched a dedicated music channel on YouTube:

Over 5500 tracks and they'll be adding themed playlists.

Take note, Nintendo. 

Edited by Julius
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Don't mind me... I'm just drowning my sorrows in music from the Advance Wars series...

Every single piece of music in this series is a certified banger!

VERY IMPORTANT NEWS!!!!!!

The new Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Booster Course Pass DLC has all new music arrangements by Mario Kart Band!!!  Contrary to all expectations, the new DLC does NOT contain rips from past games/Mario Kart Tour as we all expected, but rather Nintendo have actually gotten Mario Kart Band back together to arrange ALL NEW live jazz arrangements of each track's music!!!

Hackers are already starting to post the music online now, so beware if you don't want it spoilt for yourself before you start playing!

We're getting 48 brand new live recorded Mario Kart Band tracks with the Booster Course Pass!!! :D

BRING BACK THE LICK!!! :bouncy::bouncy::bouncy:

This one's for you @RedShell Fantastic news!! :D

Edited by Dcubed
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

VERY IMPORTANT NEWS!!!!!!

The new Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Booster Course Pass DLC has all new music arrangements by Mario Kart Band!!! 

That can't be. After all...

On 10/02/2022 at 12:38 AM, Dcubed said:

Nintendo have already wasted outrageous amounts of time, money, manpower and resources on that failure of a mobile game; there's no way they can justify wasting EVEN MORE resources on this!

1 minute ago, Ronnie said:

That can't be. After all...

I'm all for you taking cheap potshots at me, but take it to another thread mate.  Not here, this is a happy place; let's keep it that way :)

Edited by Dcubed

On 17/03/2022 at 4:30 PM, Dcubed said:

I'm all for you taking cheap potshots at me, but take it to another thread mate.  Not here, this is a happy place; let's keep it that way :)

This thread is a very happy place as long as we don't pay any mind to you drowning your sorrows and whatever.

;)

• Haha 1

Radical Dreamers has a fantastic soundtrack.  Mitsuda’s sophomore effort is a superb one that is filled with melancholy that is accompanied by a thoroughly pensive atmosphere throughout the game.  It really surprised me how much the game resembles the survival horror genre, much more so than a traditional RPG like Chrono Trigger; and finally getting the chance to play the game really helps me to understand the soundtrack much better now…

Music tracks such as Gale now make sense here; the chaotic nature of the song makes absolute perfect sense as a scramble for survival against an unforseeable and sudden terror! I’d even argue that its use in Chrono Cross is somewhat misplaced as a regular battle theme now…

And I’d also argue that the SNES version of Gale sounds much better than its PS1 counterpart too

But yeah.  Radical Dreamers’ soundtrack is short, but really awesome! It’s a great Survival Horror score that is steeped in melancholy! :D

Wasn't sure where this belongs, but this year's BBC Proms will for the first time include a video game concert on 1st August 2022! 

From Eurogamer

A concert of video game music will be included as part of this year's Proms, the annual music festival held each summer in London's Royal Albert Hall.

This is the first time the classical music festival has featured a concert dedicated to game music - something which has seemed a very long time coming.

Music from Dear Esther, composed by Jessica Curry, will also feature, as well as themes from Kingdom Hearts and Shadow of the Colossus. 

"Fantastic worlds, epic adventures, complex characters and huge moral choices – the universe of computer gaming is a natural match for orchestral music, and in the 21st century games have created a huge and passionate global audience for some of the most vivid, ambitious and inventive music currently being written for symphony orchestra," the BBC wrote.

"In this first ever Gaming Prom, Robert Ames – best-known at the Proms for his explorations of sci-fi and electroacoustic music – takes an electronically expanded Royal Philharmonic Orchestra on an odyssey from the classic console titles of the 1980s, through Jessica Curry's haunted soundscapes to the European concert premiere of music from Hildur Guðnadóttir's and Sam Slater's score for Battlefield 2042."

Link to the official BBC page for the event and redirection to tickets (which aren't up yet) here

Edited by Julius
  • Like 1

Horizon Forbidden West has some really great music.