NEurope
Cheapshot

The Best Gaming Music Ever.

Crypt of the Necrodancer's first addon (Amplified) dropped on Steam early access. While I'm waiting for the PS4/PSVita release I decided to give the new music a go. It's so good :D

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

It has a rapping mole boss fight...

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

:awesome:

Beaten Xenoblade Chronicles X recently. The Noctilum theme was already one of my absolute favourites from that game.

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

And the Man-on ship is also a favourite

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

But having got further into the game and beaten it there are a few more favourites from this soundtrack:

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

And I actually kind of like this song...

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Also beat FFX this year. It's soundtrack was something of a mystery to me apart from a few tunes but having heard the whole thing now these are some of my favourites:

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Finally, some of my favourite tunes from Sun/Moon

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

There are some OST's on my laptop. Mass Effect 1, Metroid Prime 1+2, The Witcher 3 and Ocarina of Time.

Never even played The Witcher 3. D:

Beaten Xenoblade Chronicles X recently. The Noctilum theme was already one of my absolute favourites from that game.

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

And the Man-on ship is also a favourite

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

But having got further into the game and beaten it there are a few more favourites from this soundtrack:

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

And I actually kind of like this song...

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

I do understand the hate that Xenoblade X's OST gets, it's so unique and different from anything in gaming OSTs before it, definitely unconventional... I absolutely love it though, especially the Noctilum theme! My favourite OST of the generation.

Then you haven't really lived. :heh:
My Intel Celeron Craptop cant even run the menu.

Also, where do i uncheck the embed box? Loading pages like this is impossible.

OK, I was not expecting to find a tune like this in a Kingdom Hearts game but, wow this song is awesome.

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Had an amazing experience recently while I was trying to find footage of a level from Driver (PS1). Followed a trail of breadcrumbs on YouTube and happened across the soundtrack to Need for Speed 2, which I hadn't heard for over 15 years. I remembered playing racing games with a steering wheel controller when I was 5 or 6 years old, including Colin MaCrae Rally, but I didn't realise it was a Need for Speed game I'd played all that time ago. Man, the nostalgia rush upon listening to these tracks was unreal. So, so good.

• Like 1

Ever since discovering this...

...I can't stop listening to it.

And I don't wish to either as it's blissful. :heart:

I will get around to playing the games one day as well.

: peace:

I always thought this was an unappreciated gem from Mario64. Its so simple but catchy! I used to just leave the file select screen on for ages with this playing back in '96. Memories!

• Like 5

* ^ * I've..not played this game...but this song is way too epic... ( I really need to play these games but have so many to play already... )

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So, due to getting into the King of Fighters series recently, I came across some godly jazz:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I can't get enough of the Splatfest themes on Splatoon 2 at the moment, especially this one:

So catchy! :hehe: Looking forward to it playing later on during the the bog roll Splatfest. :heh:

Another great tune that needs to be in here is...

So good. Also really love this remix of it:

But I don't think anything (this year, probably ever) is going to top this masterpiece though:

Inexplicably good. :heart: Quite possibly my favourite piece of gaming music of all time, and the game isn't even out yet! I'm usually not a fan of vocals in VG tunes (music in general actually) but that track absolutely nails it. Blew me away the first time I heard it during E3 this year.

Got very high hopes for the rest of Mario Odyssey's soundtrack too:

Lovely stuff. :bowdown:

• Thanks 3

10 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

Yo! @RedShell, have you got Sonic Mania yet? The whole soundtrack is just utterly sublime! :D 

Yeah, got it at launch. The soundtrack is probably definitely my favourite thing about it. :hehe:

• Thanks 1

I'm trying to find interesting versions of classic Zelda tracks. Do you guys have any favourite performances from live concerts, or covers, or anything like that which adds value to the original music, enough to make it stand well on its own?

For example, Saria's Song is a classic tune for me, and I loved Korok Forest from Breath of the Wild, but both tracks loop pretty quickly and aren't worth saving in a music library. I've heard the odd medley here and there, the odd remix that adds dramatic electric guitar, but I find the material either gets butchered or rendered cheesy. There seems to be so much potential to play with the core motifs and draw them out, that I'm surprised I haven't come across more versions that do so.

Hit me bitches.

Edited by dwarf

You've probably heard these already but:

30th Anniversary of Gerudo Valley.

Saria's Song:

I'm sure there was a version of Zelda II temple that was really good, but I can't find, so have this instead:

• Like 1

Still probably wouldn't put them on my phone but I appreciate the effort :geek:

I’ve got a bunch more to add, but recently accidentally stumbled upon Gravity Rush 2’s Lei Havina, and that’s a damn good track regardless of whether or not you’ve played the game.

Be sure to stick around until at least 0:40, because if the opening strings don’t pique your interest, my word, that saxophone will knock you on your arse! :bowdown:

Edited by Julius Caesar
  • Like 1

OK, Xenoblade 2's soundtrack is ridiculously good and deserves to be in this thread in some way.

I haven't even heard the whole soundtrack yet but from what I can tell this has to be up there as one of the strongest OSTs in gaming from last year.

Also, since I haven't really been on these boards since February last year I might add some new favourites from games I've played last year that haven't already been posted.