NEurope
Cheapshot

The Best Gaming Music Ever.

Does anyone know where I can get mp3s for Shenmue?

You can listen to the music on the Shenmue Passport disc that came with Shemue if you want, I'm not sure where to find mp3's though - Torrent maybe?

Metroid series (yes all of them)

Zelda series (yes all of them)

Does anyone know where I can get mp3s for Shenmue?

I have the soundtrack to that game! The music rocks!

It's all in Japanese of course (a couple have a woman singing on it, and ones a extremely energetic j-pop song), but the beginning song in the game is stunning and on the soundtrack it's all a live-orchestra so it's like your in the same room with them and it's longer!

:D

I liked the music on donkey kong country when you was swimming. I wanna know where to get it from as it was a really cool tune! :D

shenmuedojo.net has planty of Shenmue music. The Shenmue music takes the #1 spot on my list.

P.N.03!!!! i know tht the game lacked big time, but the music was soo sweet!!!!!

P.N.03!!!! i know tht the game lacked big time, but the music was soo sweet!!!!!
I loved that game, it was pretty underated because people didn't understand it was like, say... Ikaruga... a dificult game with arcade dificulty, that separates men from children... anyway, yes, great music.

i havent read the rest of this thread but Super Ghouls and Ghosts has one of the catchiest theme songs ever. And every level has an equally good track. Ditto for Castlevania IV.

The Master League music, Intro sequence, Match entrance and Museum music from Pro Evo 4

The Master League music and some of the replay music from Pro Evo 5.

The Ichor level music from Jet Force Gemini.

Port Of Adia music from Turok 2

Main menu music and congratulations music from ISS '98

Rez, Katamari, Parappa the Rapper, Vib Ribbon (though it was custom), Um Jammer Lammy, every Gran Turismo, most SSX titles, every Grand Theft Auto, Basically every Final Fantasy (though 8 was a bit too trancey).. hmm running out of ideas now.

Oh yeah, Every WipeOut game, the Battlefield Vietnam game, Electroplankton.. Meteos and though I've not played it Jet Set Radio is pretty ghetto.

Dunno if Marc Ecko's getting up was any good? Apparently Talib Kewli was involved in that.. and I'm not sure if Tony Hawk's counts as good because it's often quite repetitive style and there's definitely some yawn factor in there.

And the Xbox deserves a mention as it lets you stream music wireless to your in game sound system.. something I appreciated very much so.

When I'm playing a good game with mates we tend to have some drum and bass on like the Propellorheads.. when I'm alone I prefer to enjoy the in game soundtrack or if at night some mellow stuff- Massive Attack, Nightmares on Wax etc..

Oh god, how did I not see this thread sooner...annyway, the best videogame music by far has to be from:

Chrono Trigger:

This game has some of the best music I've ever heard

Yearning of the Wind

and Singing Mountain,

you should definately download those two from Limewire

Chrono Cross:

"Journey To The Shores Of Another World", is absolutely beautiful, I used to enter the world map and just stand around doing nothing and just taking in the music...

Final Fantasy 7:

This game has the most consistently brilliant game music ever.

Theres even a metal band called "The black mages" dedicated to covering themes from Final Fantasy games.

You should Check out:

Cosmo Canyon

Boss Battle Theme

Normal Battle Theme

Jenova

One Winged Angel

and FF7 Main Theme from Limewire

F-Zero X: Mute City

There's a few more that I can't remember, but the one's from FF7, and the Chrono Games are the best by a long way, check em out.

I've learnt to play most of these on guitar, so once I get my recording equiptment, I'll put them up on the site...

Definitely the Legend of Zelda as a whole, mostly Lost Woods, Zelda's Lullaby and Song of Time though.

I really like the Mario main theme.

Do my choices seem pretty obvious?

The Shenmue Orchestra tracks are incredible, the orc version of A New Journey is beautiful, as is The Morning Fog's Wave.

And of course the Shenmue and Shenhua themes.

Phoenix Wright music is so sweet, I want mp3s bad.

Check the link in my other post, they just added a couple of PW tracks.

Check the link in my other post, they just added a couple of PW tracks.

Don't worry I got pretty much the whole soundtrack off Laguna now :smile:

Thanks anyway.