NEurope
Cheapshot

The Best Gaming Music Ever.

Doesn't Chrono Trigger music simply kick arse? It's always stood out for me as the best music ever found in a game. Chrono Cross then followed up with some great tracks, but through no fault of it its own it was never going to rival CT.

I love some fan CT songs, if anyone has time you should definitely check these out. Of course if you've played CT, they rock that much more:

Spacecat -

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

brilliantly atmospheric, I love this track. Just that feeling of despair, the nearing end of humanity. It'd take a stone to not feel anything from that.

To Far Away Times remix -

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Still sad that CT resurrection was taken down. Love how chilled out this one is.

I'm really in a 'Shining' mood so i've been listening to some of the older soundtracks.

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

I :heart: Motoi Sakuraba

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Those are two great renditions that I hadn't come across before, @Hero\-of\-Time I take it you don't mean Shining in the Stephen King sense? :p I'm gonna listen to that list tracks now as I get some grinding in in FF V.

Love this thread.

@Hero\-of\-Time I take it you don't mean Shining in the Stephen King sense? :p I'm gonna listen to that list tracks now as I get some grinding in in FF V.

Love this thread.

LOL. Nah, too scary. :D

Is it just me or do half of these links not work? Looking at the ones I posted, the first 2 and last one are fine, yet the ones in the middle have the pic but no play button. Same goes for the first one Sheikah posted.

Is it just me or do half of these links not work? Looking at the ones I posted, the first 2 and last one are fine, yet the ones in the middle have the pic but no play button. Same goes for the first one Sheikah posted.

One or two of them didn't appear for me last night but when I hovered the mouse over them, they filled in and I was able to play em. ::shrug:

Ah, so it's not just me then. I think this could very likely be an issue with the new forum theme and music tags.

If you look carefully you'll see that the play button for music clips is obscured making it hard to click (there's a fine sweet spot in the middle in which you can click it).

Temporary remedy for this is to increase the font size of everything on the page. This is really easy to do in most browsers, hold ctrl while scrolling upwards with your mouse wheel / laptop trackpad scroller. Voila, the play button is unearthed.

With the announcement of MGS4 trophies I listened to the soundtrack again and it's simply amazing.

MGS4 OST - Guns of the Patriots

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

The build-up, the pace, the melodies. I love it.

I don't know if this has already been said but Dr Mario theme song just has to win this one. Also you have to listen to this song it is beautiful it is from the level Palm tree paradise for Wario land 4. I can't post URLs untill i have 15 posts so you are going to have to search it yourself, but trust me when I say it is worth it.

With the announcement of MGS4 trophies I listened to the soundtrack again and it's simply amazing.

MGS4 OST - Guns of the Patriots

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

The build-up, the pace, the melodies. I love it.

I like this one better. :bouncy:

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

EPIC.

I like this one better. :bouncy:

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

EPIC.

Awesome. The whole MGS4 OST is pretty darn good. Actually, every OST from the main MGS series is great.

Journey to Silius on NES. Has some of the greatest music I've ever heard.

Broadcast Yourself
Audio
Edited by Pookiablo

Wow. Chrono Cross has one of the best soundtracks to a game that i've never played. A Chrono Cross topic appeared on Gaf the other day so I figured I would have a look at it and then decided to sit and listen to the soundtrack. Some of the tunes are epic and seem quite emotional...if that makes sense. I'm seriously considering creating a US PSN account and downloading it to my PSP.

Wow. Chrono Cross has one of the best soundtracks to a game that i've never played. A Chrono Cross topic appeared on Gaf the other day so I figured I would have a look at it and then decided to sit and listen to the soundtrack. Some of the tunes are epic and seem quite emotional...if that makes sense. I'm seriously considering creating a US PSN account and downloading it to my PSP.

Wow, where have you been? I mean there is like 3-4 pages back with chrono Cross ost was talked.

I don't know what you will think of the game, I mean I fucking love the game A LOT, and with the tastes both you and I have with RPG's, I would take caution :D

Wow, where have you been? I mean there is like 3-4 pages back with chrono Cross ost was talked.

I don't know what you will think of the game, I mean I fucking love the game A LOT, and with the tastes both you and I have with RPG's, I would take caution :D

Very true, mate. :D I have been looking at videos of it today and it looks pretty good. The art style used in it is fantastic. So, yeah, I may get around to buying and playing it at some point, along with Xenogears, Parasite Eve, Vagrant Story, Front Mission 3....PSN will be the end of me. :)

The title/theme music for Xenoblade Chronicles is sublime. So good. Too good. Just so well polished, whilst keeping the heart of the piece.

Goosebumps at around 2 mins.

Xenoblade as a whole is so...oh man, that game is just a real true masterpiece. It's got some amazing music in it. I really need to go back to it, but I...just don't want to have to see it end.

Having picked up the double pack in the Steam summer sale, I'm currently playing through the first Trine game and whilst it looks amazing, the music is just as sublime too.

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Of all the tracks I'm come across, this is my favourite and makes the level that much more enjoyable as you wander past the dragon bones whilst the screen flashes with lightning bolts through the heavy rain.

Haunting and beautiful... gives me shivers.

Shame there is no in game soundtest but at least this track plays over the credits which you can watch at any time.

That Castlevania theme is nice, FK. ^

Personally, I don't think I can pick one track only and call it my fav or the best - it simply depends on the mood I'm in (and my memory hehe).

I don't know if anybody mentioned the music from Pilotwings Resort, if not it deserves to be mentioned for sure. I for one love the tracks. Here's my fav

I just got OOT 3D last week. The soundtrack of that game isn't too shabby either. :)

Edited by cvl

My 10 favs are: (in no order)

1 - Sonic Adventure 2 theme

2 - Sonic 2 - Mystic Cave

3 - Super Mario World - Yoshi's Island

4 - Super Mario Bros - Overworld theme

5 - Banjo Kazooie - Main Theme

6 - Zelda OoT Lost Woods

7 - Sonic 2 Emerald Hill

8 - MJ Moonwalker - Smooth Criminal in Midi

9 - Little Kings Story, whole soundtrack!

10 - Goldeneye 64 main theme from game (you knew you were gearing up for some shit when you heard that)