NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
mcj metroid

what is your specialty?

this seems like a risky thread,but it seems original enough anyway

ok everyone has something they are a nerd on.There are star trek nerds,gaming nerds,car nerds,nerds on tech and stuff which means they know a hell of a lot about it!What is yours?

i am a wwe nerd who can tell u the main event of most ppvs from 1994 to 2003ish(really after the name change)

,i know alot about the tv show red dwarf

,chart toppers in the 80s

harry potter books

and usually nintendo games but not as good as some of u:santa:

I guess there are several things that I'm a bit nerdy over.

I'm a statistician so have a strong maths background. But having said that, the field of mathematics is so large that someone may well ask me a question that I know nothing about. And, if you don't use a certain maths technique regularly you tend to forget how to use it at all.

I like video encoding/decoding/dvd authoring. I don't know why, it's just interesting to me. I started because I wanted to know how to get downloaded stuff onto my tv; I didn't have the lead to connect my graphics card but I did have a dvd burner.

Whenever I'm bored I always go onto Wikipedia and look up the history of football clubs.

Good thread. :)

I think many of my friends would call me an Oasis nerd. 90's music in general is a particular strongpoint for me.

Some would also class me as an "Alien" nerd (the films). I know there are bigger (and worse!) fans than me out there, though. Scary thought. :heh:

I'm actually pretty good with Celebrity. Somehow, I'm able to digest and store that data better than any other information. Besides that particular talent, I'm pretty nerdy about History and Politics and Science and Dinosaurs, although I don't actually know that much and I'm frequently wrong, but I like listening to people who do know that much and are not frequently wrong.

And words, words in general. They're more like my friends, though.

I am a Chrono Trigger nerd, as almost everyone already knows. I am also a huuuuge music nerd, music of any kind is enough to get me ranting and raving for hours on end.

To most of my friends I'm a complete nerd when it comes to gaming - however, I can't claim it on this board as so many of us have that speciality.

I really don't think I have one! I know the basics of loads of stuff (HTML, CSS, PHP, C++, movie editing, maths, etc) and I can learn things quickly - but (apart from gaming) I don't have one! This is as depressing as when my friend filled out a survey that asked "What awards and acheivments have you acomplished". She had none.

Halo 2 nerd know story can say cut sence of by heart know the maps the guns ect.

I know I shouldnt say it, but Politics......

Modern Irish Politics and to some extent UK and American too.

Im a news junky. Cant get enough news.

Pokemon

Metal gear solid

Nintendo in general

I have always had some kinda interest in vampires, freshly revived by castlevania

annnd Lord of the Rings

Comics

Roller Coasters

Lego

Pokemon.

Tis' about all. Im a partial Movie-nerd but not mental.

I'm a gaming nerd, and "the computer guy" for the family and friends, I don't like the hardware part that much, although I love programming. Photoshop is also one of my specialties but I don't think it's at a nerd level yet. People think I have a natural aptitude for drawing, but I only draw when I'm bored and after it I don't want to do it anymore. Also, a serious fan of Naruto and Stargate SG1.

Drawing I guess? Other than that, there's really not that much I think. Compared to my environment, I'm a bit of a videogame nerd apparently. And I'm also passionate about nature and animals. So I guess that counts, maybe.

Drawing I guess? Other than that, there's really not that much I think. Compared to my environment, I'm a bit of a videogame nerd apparently. And I'm also passionate about nature and animals. So I guess that counts, maybe.

Yeah i forgot about drawing aswell

I play bass, but it's hardly a "specialty". I'm not bad at it, but I wouldn't call myself an amazing bassist. I used to draw a lot when I was younger, but now I just draw when I'm bored in class.:heh:

So, it seems I don't really have a specialty...

God, I don't know. I like to talk a lot about Neon Genesis Evangelion, but I don't exactly know a great deal about it. Most of my knowledge has been attainted by spying on forum groups. Groups of fans whose knowledge far exceeds mine and amassing their collective findings to keeping them for myself like a greedy troll.

I don't really have any specialities. Suggestions?

God, I don't know. I like to talk a lot about Neon Genesis Evangelion, but I don't exactly know a great deal about it. Most of my knowledge has been attainted by spying on forum groups. Groups of fans whose knowledge far exceeds mine and amassing their collective findings to keeping them for myself like a greedy troll.

I don't really have any specialities. Suggestions?

Evangelion

Pokemon

Figurines

gremlins

The natural world, animals in general have always facinated me since i was a small child. But i probably know the most about Invertabrates (spiders, insects etc).

Evangelion

Pokemon

Figurines

gremlins

Kevin Costner

Primary Objectives

Etc etc etc etc.

World Wrestling Entertainment.

<snip>

Whats with everyone and the coloured text?

I thought that was the Bard's speciality?;)

Sign in to follow this