NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Garden_Pigeon

NBA 2K6 on Xbox 360 looks fantastic! (56k No-no)

I have really high expectations for this game. Its a release title aswell!

nba-2k6-20050930031526637-000.jpg

nba-2k6-20050930031525402-000.jpgnba-2k6-20050930031523262-000.jpgnba-2k6-20050930031514622.jpg

nba-2k6-20050930031515778.jpg

nba-2k6-20050930031516856.jpg

Introducing an all-new graphics engine, the game captures animations down to a player's individual muscle system, depicting true human body movement and incredible details including enhanced sweat technology.

But it's not just the man that makes the mold, it's his clothes, or in this case, the cloth, as the game promises "True-Life" cloth simulation technology to deliver more realistic-looking shorts and jerseys. Add to that the emotion and passion of player faces that animate and natural head-and-eye tracking

But the players aren't the only ones brought to life as you're going to witness an electrifying crowd complete with 10,000 individual models dispersed throughout the arena. And what better way to capture the atmosphere than through authentic arena lighting arrays sampled from actual NBA venues and a bounce lighting technique called dynamic specularity.

All of this will be brought home with a new and dramatic broadcast style, including dynamic camera work, and a new camera perspective to bring you closer to the court than Spike Lee…without having to buy a season ticket.

Theres also movies here!

All the footage, from the video to the screenshots are 100% gameplay. These are not cut scenes. These are not an artist's interpretation of gameplay. This is NBA 2K6.

Source: IGN

Where are the white boys?! And why do they look dumb-founded? UGH! Stupid. Beautiful models, yet boring.

Where are the white boys?! And why do they look dumb-founded? UGH! Stupid. Beautiful models, yet boring.

More importantly, where the hell is this guy's neck?

nba-2k6-20050930031525402-000.jpg

Where are the white boys?!

More importantly, where the hell is this guy's neck?

Covered up by his jersey, having moved when he's jumped I would imagine.

The crowd looks shit; this is disappointing from an Xbox 360; The GameCube can manage 3D crowds as detailed as that with DOR2.

Looks very dull.

DOR2 on the Cube could do ultra realistic character models and alright looking crowds.

This on an Xbox 360 is VERY disappointing; I mean pc's already surpass the PS3 and 360's power - this generation is going to be very meh...

The Xbox 360 is very underwhelming graphically, with Quake 4 they even had to tone down the textures and everything.

Meh Resi 4 has brilliant clothes physics.

Sweat? Doesn't impress me.

DOR2's skin texturing is also far superior to this; These character models look plastic in comparison.

The 360 needs at least double the memory it has if it wants to compete with PC's. 512mb is a bit shit really.

You can't compare a computer to a console in terms of ram. Simply because a computer is constantly doing 50-60mb of Windows calculations etc.

Plus, its easier to develop for a single console than a PC anyway.

Oh and by the way. Those sweat, muscle and clothes physics are far beyond anything we've ever seen before.

You're all forgetting about the gameplay. Nothing will top NBA JAM: TE, ever. I got it for a tenner on SNES at Toys 'r' Us one day and it was fab in multiplayer. So fast and crazy. HE'S ON FIRE!

this does look good although it probably needs a little more fine-tuning. the sweatdrops look more like eczema

You're all forgetting about the gameplay. Nothing will top NBA JAM: TE, ever. I got it for a tenner on SNES at Toys 'r' Us one day and it was fab in multiplayer. So fast and crazy. HE'S ON FIRE!

Yep you're right - This looks very dull in my opinion and will probably play just like the game before it.

Im impressed by the graphics of the players, and yes maybe more can be done to the crowd, since the goal for Microsoft and Sony is photo-realism. If they plan on making things look real, they should of put more detail in the crowd.

And to InfernalEternal, they have to work on the crowd, its the experience. You like to hear cheers when you score a few points in basket ball, and if your saying its just a crowd, that partially means we dont need it. So if we have no crowd, no cheers, no excitement and nothing to fuel you to play on.

DOR2 Does have amazing graphics crowds and charecters, but im not suprised Xbox 360 cant do both with the graphics on those players.

This is going to be one of the first games released, so they probably rushed it. If they wanted to have amazing crowds and characters, they easily could of.

Take PGR3 for example:

hugecrowd_full.jpg

All those crowd members act individually and stuff.

The graphics on this game actually look kinda naff!!

It's like they've tried too hard to make them look realistic like of some parts of Halo 2.

I'm sure they look better in motion though (cant be arsed to watch the movie)

I'm sure they look better in motion though (cant be arsed to watch the movie)

I recommend that you watch it. Its alot better in motion, the way that there jerseys move when they run so its like there actual clothes and not sewn on to the players (like all other basketball games to date)

I understand that the crowd models can't match the players, but do they have to look so frickin' ugly! -- they got clams for hands and smudges for faces.

Pathetic. Reminds me of the horror of the Virtua Tennis crowds.

I recommend that you watch it. Its alot better in motion, the way that there jerseys move when they run so its like there actual clothes and not sewn on to the players (like all other basketball games to date)

Heh, I would watch it, but I'm not interested in it so... :)

Heh, I would watch it, but I'm not interested in it so... :)

Then get out of the thread you crazy mental!

Sign in to follow this