NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Anakenobi

* SNK delays support for PS3 until 2010 *

In an interview with game blog Kotaku, SNK Playmore overseas marketing manager Yoshihito Koyama has indicated that the company may wait as long as four years before supporting the PlayStation 3, due to concerns over development costs.

"My first impression is that it's expensive. The PlayStation 2 is good enough. It's small and cheap. For us, for manufacturers, we have to invest in a new system, and the PlayStation 3 is a risk," said Koyama. "There won't be enough consoles at launch. Few consoles mean few software sales. We need to wait three or four years. Maybe 2009 to 2010 is a good time to release a game for the PS3."

Koyama’s comments echo those of SNK Playmore USA president Ben Herman, who indicated in May that the company will support the Wii with a version of Metal Slug Anthology that uses the motion sensing features of the Wii controller.

Referring to this title Koyama, indicated that it would be a launch title for the system, but admitted:

“We don't know the Wii's launch date yet, but we're thinking sometime in the middle of November, just before Thanksgiving."

source: gamasutra

Remember folks, the PS3 represents the future of the Playstation brand as we know it.

LOL.

Plus Atari.

Speaking in an exclusive interview with GamesIndustry.biz, Atari CEO Bruno Bonnell has confirmed that the publisher has no plans to release any PS3 games before 2007.

Bonnell said Atari intends to support all three next-gen consoles "fairly equally", adding, "It's just that we're lacking information about the PS3 at this stage, because we have basically a rough release date and a high retail price point.

"As far as the Wii and the Xbox 360 go, we'll be there for this season; for PS3, we'll probably have to wait a little later in the year before we release some new titles." And, according to Bonnell, that means no Atari titles on PS3 until 2007.

The PS3 is slated for a global launch this November, priced at 499 Euro for the 20GB model and 599 Euro for the 60GB version. But Bonnell does not believe that the console's high point puts it at any risk of failure: "I think that by deciding to put the PS3 at this price, Sony has chosen to really differentiate itself from the other consoles.

"The fact that you have Blu-ray, and the fact that it's HD compatible - all this is driving me to think that Sony is picking up the high-end of the market, the hardcore, passionate fans. There will be a time they can reduce the price and access more people, but clearly that's a technical choice that Sony has made to be selective on the field at stage one," he added.

Read the full interview to find out why we're likely to see Atari titles arrive on Wii much sooner than they appear on PS3, what the future holds for the company following its recent financial difficulties, and what Bonnell thinks about the new format E3.

I really don't get why Sony are trying to dump casual gamers..Their main fanbase. They're going against everything they ever did before (cheapness of PS games & casualness etc etc).

Plus Atari.

Speaking in an exclusive interview with GamesIndustry.biz, Atari CEO Bruno Bonnell has confirmed that the publisher has no plans to release any PS3 games before 2007.

That doesn't really mean much, they'll only have to wait a month to release a game, I bet loads of companies will be like that. Unless they mean they wont start developing a game until then...

OO, that's hitting sony in their weak spot.

You missed out one vital part of the sentance, and my god i'l kill you if you cant remember it!

This is all scarily reminiscent of Nintendo's own fall from grace.

Yeah i remember thaT :weep:

But now who's laughing! it's the other way round, and Nintendo are on the up :D

*laughs maniacly*

That doesn't really mean much, they'll only have to wait a month to release a game, I bet loads of companies will be like that. Unless they mean they wont start developing a game until then...

Looking at the state of Atari, they should be worried about publishing any games period.:hmm:

By that time we'll be on at least the PS5. But we'll be in so much debt after taking out loans for the PS4 that we won't be able to afford the new gaming era I'm going to call the HIGH DEBTFINITION ERA.

Result: World is Bankrupt. Japan is sold to Space Pirates, etc.

Well, it seems that From Software has cancelled at least two projects for the PS3.

FROM Software has today announced that production on the PlayStation3 titles Dark RPG and Black Blade, has stopped.

The news was confirmed to the Japanese publication Famitsu, though reasons for the decision have not been made.

By that time we'll be on at least the PS5. But we'll be in so much debt after taking out loans for the PS4 that we won't be able to afford the new gaming era I'm going to call the HIGH DEBTFINITION ERA.

Result: World is Bankrupt. Japan is sold to Space Pirates, etc.

DAM those peskie space pirates :angry:

This is just like Ninty's fall, except that Nintendo still had a few great games, and they weren't in millions of dollars of debt.

Sign in to follow this