Sonic And The Secret Rings

now lets see if my gamespot prediction comes through;D im a bitch i know

As if people honestly care what Gamespot think anymore. :p

Some IGN Sonic review scores :

Sonic Adventure : 8.6/10

Sonic Adventure 2 : 9.4/10

Sonic Heroes : 8/10

Sonic Wii : 6.9/10

"The blue hedgehog stars in his best 3D game yet..." -IGN.

Go IGN.

awww well once in one day isn't bad:D

wtf its worse than sonic heroes?Sonic heroes is worse than adventure 2 battle!!!! heroes is the worst game i have ever played !

awww well once in one day isn't bad:D

wtf its worse than sonic heroes?Sonic heroes is worse than adventure 2 battle!!!! heroes is the worst game i have ever played !

Exactly why reviews are flawed.

If this game truely is the greatest 3D sonic, it would have scored higher than its predecessors. But, reviews don't work like that.

Honestly, forget reviews even exist. I try to, and I live in bliss. :p

Some IGN Sonic review scores :

Sonic Adventure : 8.6/10

Sonic Adventure 2 : 9.4/10

Sonic Heroes : 8/10

Sonic Wii : 6.9/10

"The blue hedgehog stars in his best 3D game yet..." -IGN.

Go IGN.

I said wow.

No kidding.

If this game truely is the greatest 3D sonic, it would have scored higher than its predecessors. But, reviews don't work like that.

Exactly, these game critics don't represent me, and don't represent the major public aswell, they're just paid to be nerds and... well, criticize.

I for one pay for my games, I better enjoy them. (and want them, in the first place)

In the last years I've grown against them, and that feeling just doesn't go away, it get's bigger.

I rather trust forums and opinions from those who actually played the game. Nothing bad has come from games that I've decided to buy based on that.

i usually dont listen to reviews but i never really liked the look of this.I disagree with too many reviews.but if it scored like 9.5 or something i would be forced to rethink.hey do have an effect on me in that way

I'm still gonna get it, I enjoyed Adventure 2: Battle most of the time, so I think this will be fun too.

Reviews: don't care.

Not saying it's a brilliant game, but I'm pretty sure it's very enjoyable.

Eh?

Sonic Heroes got 8/0 from IGN,and this is the best yet?

Something isn't quite right I think.

More and more with the Wii I am beginning to not care in the slightest what scores games get. Red Steel was slated, and whilst I think it's far from perfect it does not deserve some of the awful scores it has got. Excite truck is awesome FACT, ok so it may have a lack of features, aside from playing the same tracks again and again, it still has a hell of a lot more playabilty and longevity than has been made out.

I'm hoping Sonic will make it a hat trick of wrongful scores....

Eh?

Sonic Heroes got 8/20 from IGN,and this is the best yet?

Something isn't quite right I think.

hehehehe, indeed... Anyone remember Driv3r scandal? I do...

One mainstream media outlet gave Driv3r a shining score of 9/10. Playstation 2 Magazine is rumored to have given the game such a high score in return for exclusivity on the title. For a journalist such as myself this is the most horrific betrayal of reader trust imaginable.

This has rumored to have happened many times in the past with Sega's PR team demanding a minimum 8/10 score for Sonic Heroes in return for early code and the last Tomb Raider title actually required a 10/10 score to get code despite the fact it was utter pap.

Source: http://www.britxbox.co.uk/index.htm?ref=article&id=237391438

*checks IGN review again*

Oh, a 8/10... interesting...

*chuckles* :laughing:

People pass this onto other forums :heh: BURN IGN BURN!!! you cheap moneyhats. :kiss:

No money no good review, it seems... god... I love this industry.

I think that is a bit harsh from IGNs part if other places are giving a score in the 8's and from Gamespot aswell,it just seems really low.

I think that is a bit harsh from IGNs part if other places are giving a score in the 8's and from Gamespot aswell,it just seems really low.
SEGA wasn't willing to pay them this time. :yay:

Must mean the game is actually good for a change.

I think these game websites are expecting bigger things from the Wii too early. There extremely harsh on Wii games.

My preorder still stands! :D

Yup mine too.I'm really excited for this,i'm gonna replay the 2D Sonics and if I have time the 3D ones to build up anticipation.

Sonic Heroes was such a terrible game. My brother bought it, and it wasn't worth a cent of the whole 20€...

There was nothing good about that game.

Sonic Heroes was such a terrible game. My brother bought it, and it wasn't worth a cent of the whole 20€...

There was nothing good about that game.

I agree it's really a piece of garbage.

Because driv3r was the worst pile of mush ever coded. You had reviews telling lies giving it 90%/ 9/10 etc. and others telling the truth like 4/10 and 56%

I'm going to eventually get sonic, it reminds me a lot of sonic rush which I think is decent didn't get all that great reviews but I think its a brilliant game. I would say don't rely on reviews so much, many of the are bias, and could stop you from having some of the best game experiences you've ever had. If I had gone along with all the reviews I would never have got Symphonia, and that would be a crime.

oh i knew that.i just thought by the way ye were talking about heroes that perhaps it was overscored but i guess 5.4 says it wasn't ha..i remember atari said they wouln't put it on gamecube(a shock at the time) because the gamecube couln't handle it.ha

Well, they did state that earlier sonic games were given more good grace because they were early 3D games, whereas now we have a higher bench mark and expect more. Especially when it comes to the camera. I think if they went back and scored the earlier games against today's standards they would probably get shite scores.

The fact is, Sega should do better with Sonic.

Not sure what to think of IGN anymore, thing is I can't afford to waste money on games these days so I have to take notice of these reviews even if they are totally stupid. One example of IGN stupidity http://uk.cube.ign.com/articles/457/457558p1.html

Easily one of the most glitchiest, badly presented and crappest games i've ever played. It gets 9.0? How?