NEurope
EchoDesiato

Mortal Kombat Armageddon for Wii

For those concerned about Wii's ability to offer brutal, soulless acts of violence, it's exciting news to hear that Mortal Kombat: Armageddon is heading to the tiny console sometime during the first quarter of 2007. Publisher Midway made the announcement today (okay, technically tomorrow, but we got it early and exclusively for being so "kombative") along with several other tidbits about the PS2 Premium Pack, which you can read about right here.

The first thing we want to know is, will Nintendo still want pictures of people enjoying Armageddon spliced into all the screenshots like so many games already do? The idea of seeing a 12-year-old kid miming the moves needed to tear someone's spine out and hold it overhead in a gleeful fashion, blood sprinkling down over his not-innocent-anymore face, is one we refuse to let go.

Source

Never been a big fan of the MK series, but the more games the merrier.

the Mk series has got stale, but it's great to see the wii getting plenty of 3rd party support.

Shame that they removed Kombat Chess ja Puzzle Kombat from Armageddon. Instead you have Mortal Kart, kart game where you drive with MK characters. :)

A create a character mode and the ability to create different fatalities on the fly?

Yes please!

There aren't enough games with create-a-charater modes if you ask me.

There aren't enough games with create-a-charater modes if you ask me.

QFT. Except the graphics dont look too hot. It might be wiser to hold on for Soul Calibur. It will most likely feature a create-a-character mode.

93147820060504screen020kj2.jpg

mortalkombatarmageddon20060224031657326ra3.jpg

MK has always sucked, and I expect this'll be no different. Bring on Street Fighter, Soul Calibur and Tekken!

MK has always sucked, and I expect this'll be no different. Bring on Street Fighter, Soul Calibur and Tekken!

I second that motion!

the whole series doesn't suck mk2 and mk5 are great games i just wish they didn't kill of all the good charactors.

And soo nice roster.... :)

selectscreen.jpg

Everybody from earlier games.

the whole series doesn't suck mk2 and mk5 are great games i just wish they didn't kill of all the good charactors.

MK5? You mean Deadly Alliance? Mortal Kombat: Deception was based on DA, but was sooo much more refined game. It was actually quite enjoyable and fun, though I wouldn't call it any means very deep fighter. :)

EDIT: Changed picture to one where all hidden characters have been unlocked. Thanks to AbsoluteZero.

i liked the one on the snes though it was 3rd choice after killer instinct and street fighter 2. never got to play GC version though the Wii one may interest me if there are some cool free hand moves

And soo nice roster.... :)

731_CharacterSelect.jpg

Everybody from earlier games.

MK5? You mean Deadly Alliance? Mortal Kombat: Deception was based on DA, but was sooo much more refined game. It was actually quite enjoyable and fun, though I wouldn't call it any means very deep fighter. :)

wow that does look excellent.Reminds me of mortal kombat trilogy!Im put off by the fact that its also on xbox and ps2.it will likely look the same and it will use the classic controller id say.But midway=mature titles for the casual.this would really help the wii

http://wii.ign.com/articles/722/722491p1.html

Wii Renders Fatalities

Mortal Kombat: Armageddon is headed to Nintendo's new generation console. Find out when.

by Matt Casamassina

August 1, 2006 - Publisher Midway on Tuesday revealed to IGN that it is planning to bring its new entry into the bloody Mortal Kombat series, Mortal Kombat: Armageddon, to Nintendo's Wii console. The title will arrive for the system in the first quarter of next year, according to representatives for the company.

"We are extremely excited to be bringing the action of Mortal Kombat: Armageddon to the Nintendo Wii in early 2007," said Steve Allison, chief marketing officer, Midway. "Our Chicago studio, under the direction of Ed Boon, has been working extremely hard to make Armageddon stand out in a big way with the inclusion of the entire Mortal Kombat character lineup, the Motor Kombat mini-game, a new Konquest mode and several other innovative gameplay additions that help keep the franchise at the top of its genre. We're confident that Wii fans will truly appreciate the finished product when it's ready to hit store shelves."

Mortal Kombat: Armageddon, expected for PlayStation 2 and Xbox this October, represents a culmination of the franchise's history, featuring more than 60 characters, a Kreate-a-Fighter mode, mid-air attacks, a dynamic fatality system, and much more. The E3 2006 demo of the game included such playable characters as Montaro, Scorpion, Sub-Zero, Sektor, Sheeva, Shinnok, Stryker, Taven, Goro, Shao Kahn, Fujin, Jarek, Kai, Kintaro, Rain, Reiko and Sareena.

Midway has decreased the number of fighting styles per character from three to one in an attempt to maintain balance between the greatest selection of Kombat characters in a videogame to date. However, the ability to string together mid-air combos and custom create fatalities on the fly complements a host of levels that are more interactive than ever before, with backdrops ranging from spinning fan blades to pools of acid and lava.

Midway has not yet revealed how it plans to take advantage of Nintendo's unique controller for the Wii version of the title.

We've uploaded multiplatform videos and screenshots of Armageddon to our media section as these should be entirely representative of the Wii build.

Stay tuned for more as it develops.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/722/722491p1.html

Wii Renders Fatalities

Mortal Kombat: Armageddon is headed to Nintendo's new generation console. Find out when.

by Matt Casamassina

August 1, 2006 - Publisher Midway on Tuesday revealed to IGN that it is planning to bring its new entry into the bloody Mortal Kombat series, Mortal Kombat: Armageddon, to Nintendo's Wii console. The title will arrive for the system in the first quarter of next year, according to representatives for the company.

"We are extremely excited to be bringing the action of Mortal Kombat: Armageddon to the Nintendo Wii in early 2007," said Steve Allison, chief marketing officer, Midway. "Our Chicago studio, under the direction of Ed Boon, has been working extremely hard to make Armageddon stand out in a big way with the inclusion of the entire Mortal Kombat character lineup, the Motor Kombat mini-game, a new Konquest mode and several other innovative gameplay additions that help keep the franchise at the top of its genre. We're confident that Wii fans will truly appreciate the finished product when it's ready to hit store shelves."

Mortal Kombat: Armageddon, expected for PlayStation 2 and Xbox this October, represents a culmination of the franchise's history, featuring more than 60 characters, a Kreate-a-Fighter mode, mid-air attacks, a dynamic fatality system, and much more. The E3 2006 demo of the game included such playable characters as Montaro, Scorpion, Sub-Zero, Sektor, Sheeva, Shinnok, Stryker, Taven, Goro, Shao Kahn, Fujin, Jarek, Kai, Kintaro, Rain, Reiko and Sareena.

Midway has decreased the number of fighting styles per character from three to one in an attempt to maintain balance between the greatest selection of Kombat characters in a videogame to date. However, the ability to string together mid-air combos and custom create fatalities on the fly complements a host of levels that are more interactive than ever before, with backdrops ranging from spinning fan blades to pools of acid and lava.

Midway has not yet revealed how it plans to take advantage of Nintendo's unique controller for the Wii version of the title.

We've uploaded multiplatform videos and screenshots of Armageddon to our media section as these should be entirely representative of the Wii build.

Stay tuned for more as it develops.

IF it even bothers which i think not.If it was an exclusive wii title maybe but not if it is on ps2 and xbox

You'll be waiting a while for Tekken!

CANNOT Wait, Ok I hated Deadly allince and Deception, But the SNES/Mega Drive games were awsomwe and I've been wanting Armageddon fro mthe start and Now I can get it Hurrah =D

The only Mortal Kombat I ever played was DA for the GBA and I liked it a lot. The fighting mechanics weren't that great actually but I'm not a big fan of long complicated combos so I was happy with it. That and the unnecessary violence made it a good game for me.

If this will be like DA I'll have to look out for it.

Those who said that MK has gotten stale, and it sucks because it is slow....I am here to report that, the game is quite responsive, a bit faster than the previous intallments of the series.

well my favourite mk was mk4(the ps1 version).that was 3d and pretty fast but deadly alliance put this stupid 3 fighting styles per person in and it was slow

This is a rumor, and i have posted it as a rumor on the mainsite.

http://www.revo-europe.com/news.php?nid=9435

The basic "concept" is that the Wiimote will control arm actions, while the Nunchaku will take on leg actions.

Light and heavy kicks, for example, will be done with the C and Z triggers on the Nunchaku. The analog stick lets you run (free roaming stages, similar to last two games). Finally, jumping is done by nudging the Nunchaku upwards.

On the other hand (ba-dum-tsh), you have light and heavy punches done with A and B. Blocking is done with the d-pad, and yes, it blocks in the direction you press.

Now, remember how in past fighting games moves were executed with a roll across the d-pad and a button press or two? Now, instead of the d-df-f style thumbrolls, you actually just point the Wiimote down and swing up to the forward position and then hit your button. This has two interesting side effects: 1) you can much more easily perform moves while running, as the controls are independent; 2) button mashers around the office are easily outed and christened with the new 'flailer' nomenclature. If you know what you're doing it apparently looks pretty cool.

I think blocking sounds horrible.

Ive just been on ign and looked at the images, and they look good from far away/being small, but then when oomed in you can see all the jagginess