NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jordan

Donkey Freaking Konga!

I already own Jungle Beat prior to getting Konga, my first review for RE actually.

So i already have 2 bongos, i was playing multiplayer for a good few hours. Fantastic fun on the 4 player co-op with the AI and a friend. Thanks for the advice on Konga 2. I'll look into it some more, if i can get it for less than £20 without bongos i'll pick it up. I only paied £17 for Konga 1 with bongos from Play.com :)

I have a brand new, sealed copy of Donkey Konga 2 that you can have for £15 if you want.

I also loved it when i bought it but it was short-lived. Lasted about 4 months before i never bothered turning back, now trying, but failing, to sell the 2 pairs of kongas

As booker just said in the hardware thread, Jungle beat is damn tiring. Played through 5 levels and was like, "Hell no! I need to be able to use my hands and arms tomorrow!"

Good fun though!

Cracking game, I'll copy and paste what I said in my now locked topic to here in a bit.

I LOVE Donkey Konga! Its so awsome! I have 1 and 2, I brought the 1st one on the day of release and the second earlier this year for about £15 from gamestation. I love them both, multiplayers great, I only have one set of bongos but my m8 had some too (and DK1) so I bring mine to his house and we play for ages, I love it!

Especially... Oye Como Va!!

Seems to be songs in all of them I like (and I own all 7 versions of the game released!). Definitely got my money's worth out of the bongos!

7 versions? Blimey. I want Jungle Beat now, this game is soooo good. Were only Donkey Konga and Jungle Beat brought out in the UK?

7 versions? Blimey. I want Jungle Beat now, this game is soooo good. Were only Donkey Konga and Jungle Beat brought out in the UK?

And donkey Konga 2.

although Donkey Konga 2 wasn't as good. It was ok, just the songs weren't that good. I think Nintendo could have sold more if they had the original artists and then that could have meant that DK3 could have possibly been released :(

I can always get a freeloader and import the american version... If it came out in america?

Yep it did. There's three Japanese, two American and two European versions. All have different song lists. Well not totally different. About half the list is the same between each US and European version, but that still leaves 12-15 songs on each that are unique.

I have all 3 games and I can say that I play DK3 most, it has awesome songs if you're an anime fan

just had a look at the tracklist for DK3, and i have to say that im very impressed. i would really enjoy playing along to the naruto theme or the full metal alchemist theme.

Hana - Hamasaki Ayumi

Happy Days

Baka Survivor (Boboboubo Boubobo op. #2) - Ulfuls

Start (Detective Conan opening theme #14) - Aiuchi Rina

Seishun Kyousou Kyoku (Naruto opening theme #5)

ignited (Gundam Seed Destiny opening theme #1) - T.M.Revolution

Rokoroushon

Rewrite (Full Metal Alchemist op. #4) - Asian Kung-fu Generation

Kimi ni Bump - Japan 2004 Single of the Year

GO!!! (Naruto opening theme #4) - FLOW

Kore Ga Watashi no Ikiru Michi - Puffy AmiYumi

Tomorrow

Tenohira wo Taiyou ni

BINGO

La Cucaracha

William Tell

Aine Kuraine Nahato Majiku - Mozart

Entertainer - Charlie Chaplin tune

Super Smash Brothers DX - Super Smash Bros. Melee

Kochira * Mona's Pizza - Mawaru Made in Wario (WarioWare Twisted!)

Jungle Beat - Donkey Kong Jungle Beat

Star Fox - Star Fox Assault

Donkey's Groove - Donkey Konga 3 theme

Banana Tengoku - Donkey Kong ending theme (Banana Kingdom)

Ashita ni Nattara - Donkey Kong opening theme

Touch - Touch opening theme by Iwasaki Yoshimi

CHA-LA HEAD-CHA-LA - Dragonball Z op. by Kageyama Hironobu

Ora wa Ninki Mono - Crayon Shin-chan op.

Mezase Pokemon Master - Pokémon opening theme

Katamari on the Rocks - Katamari Damacy

Kite Kite Atashinchi - Atashinchi ending theme

Theme from Fire Emblem commercial

Do, re, mi, fa Daijoubu - Hajimete no Otsukai Theme

Iiyudana

Yodel Tabe Houdai

Makkensanba II

Donkey Konga (Famicom-style arrangement of the Donkey Konga theme.)

Super Mario Bros. Main/Chijou BGM theme

Zelda no Densetsu (Legend of Zelda Famicom Disc System version)

Super Mario Brothers 3 theme

Balloon Fight theme

Hoshi no Kirby Yuyu No Isumi No Monokatari - Kirby's Adventure

Parthena no Kagami - Kid Icarus

Dr. Mario theme

Super Mario Bros. Underwater/Suichiyuu BGM theme

Nazo no Murasamejou theme

Donkey Kong theme

Donkey Kong Jr. theme

Mario Bros theme

Ice Climber theme

Clu Clu Land theme

Xevious theme

Dig Dug theme

Sky Kid theme

Pac-Man theme

Tower of Druaga theme

Mappy theme

Retrieved from "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_songs_in_Donkey_Konga_series"

That song list sounds awsome!

I hope I can get DK3. Especially all the donkey kong songs. Was that DONKEY KONG ARCADE! wow...

Wow that's a nice list, many theme songs which I like since all the original songs are covers. I still enjoy Donkey Konga 1 though, it holds great songs like Tubthumping and All The Small Things. And off course Don't Stop Me Now! :D I still wanna buy part 2, but at the moment 40 euros without a set of bongo's is a little expensive, I'll prefer to buy a DS game instead. Anyone knows were you can get DK2 a little cheaper???

Surprise that there isn't an Utada Hikaru song on there. She's like Nintendo's hot celebrity in Japan right? She had her own Nintendogs advert.

Sign in to follow this