NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Dante

Virtual Console Promtional Image

Bub and Bob are both there, however Bub is in human form holding a parasol (Parasolstars, rainbow islands) and bob is in his bubble dragon form (bubble bobble, puzzle bobble/bust a move)

the Kiwi from newzealand story is sat on a ? block holding a fireflower

Bin from dynamite dux is at the bottom holding a bo'omb

uhm... Wonder Boy is it...? oh wait Alex Kidd, is at the bottom on a bike

A Pooka from DigDug near the top left being carried by... um... not sure what that is

The little girl from... gah what was it called again... ah that was it, Rodland is under the umbrella with Bub

Bomberman riding a bullet bill (duh if you dont know bomberman)

That wierd pre-bomberman bird thing is in the bottom right corner

An evil moai head... (could be from any number of games)

Bomb jack, about to be eaten by a Metroid

The help me sign from newzealand story is on the side of the pyramid! and extremely accurately drawn too!

Lol, I feel sorry for that poor goomba stuck in Bobs bubble

Hard to believe this is fake... just such an awesome image, would be amazing if Nintendo really did do something like this to promote the virtual console service, they really paid alot of attention to detail...

I wish Dizzy had been on it. That link to the site doesn't work for me. Does it work for everyone else? I'm ashamed to say I don't recognise half of these characters *hangs head in shame*

a few other observations;

1. there's a few flickys from that old seag game. i think it was called 'Flicky' :blank:

2. In the burning church, it looks like the famicon man.

3. Luigi is driving the ferrari from outrun.

4. The ice climbers can be seen off in the distance to the right

5. In the centre there's that big guy from 'super punch out.'

6. Beside the giant yoshi egg on the right, there that spaceship from that old sega game (my memory is really bad :( ).

7. In front of the burning church, there is the game & watch guy.

8. In the bottom left there's that guy from the capcom maximo games

That belmont style kirby has me puzzled, along with a few other figures associated with capcom. I thought they weren't in on the VC :wtf:

I cant find Wally :(

Dizzy was a bit old school for this picture. Though I'd love to get Dizzy Treasure Island and a dizzy prince of the yolkfolk on VC.

[EDIT] Maybe not, i just learned dizzy was on the NES

Dunno wether anyone mentioned this but... ALEX KIDD!!! hes like right at the front, that game was what started me playing games therefore i love it.

If it's fake then someone had a LOT of time on their hands. If it's not fake, there are one hell of a lot of 3rd party games coming to the Virtual Console :)

It IS "fake" (it's not actual Nintendo premotional material, the guy who created it originally never said it was - though I'll wager some other cheeky sod added the logo and made the claim) but it's probably not too far from the truth. Most of the games refrenced range from dead-certs to high probabilitys. Sega and Hudson we know will have games on VC, and a full library from Capcom, Namco, Square-Enix and maybe Taito and Komani can't surely be much more then a phone call away.

ALSO: What the hell IS that weird- cat-boat thing in the top right corner all about?

the Kiwi from newzealand story is sat on a ? block holding a fireflower

The help me sign from newzealand story is on the side of the pyramid! and extremely accurately drawn too!

when i saw these, i almost cried with joy. i love that game so much!!!

that is one of the best things i have ever seen in my life! absolutely amazing, stunning!! SO wallpapered!

Could somebody please add the word "Fake" to the title of this thread so that people don't have to keep posting about what games will be on the Virtual Console?

Is this the original artwork, done by the original artist (who appears to be the guy on that forum from that link, but you can't find the completed work there). Or is that Wii logo slapped op by a fanboy?

I'd like to have it without, if this isn't the original.

Anyway it's awesome. You can look at it for hours in a "where is Waldo" kind of way.

Does anyone know who the cat is, the one between de mario squid, the tanooki pacman, the piramid and the pokey? It seems familiar.

Somebody asked about the letter that Arthur is holding.. It's obviously not from Animal Crossing, it's from Super Mario Bros 3 (exactly), the letter from the princess after clearing a world where you get an item. The starman in the sky is also from Super Mario Bros 3 specifically, after clearing a level and getting your 3rd star card (starman fireworks).

All these mentions and noone found/recongnized Lolo and Lala?

They're sittting on the big yellow thing to the left :)

And of course theres the Snow Bros (upper left part of the pic.)

And then a little to the left of the snow bros. you have the Dig Dug character being abducted or something by that bird :heh:

that's from new zealand story isnt it, on the side of the pyramid?

yeah on the side at the bottom, both pyramids are smooth but on the one section there it looks different. And it has writing on it. Maybe its the signature of who created it.:wtf:

I see writing says "help me" and something that looks like Kirby.

I also see Ghouls and Goblins wich makes me happy.

no one noticed twinbee near the pyramid from pop and twinbee games shame on you all

also just noticed ebisumaru from the goeman games. im loving this picture its awesome takes me back.

I think I saw Joe from the game Joe&Mac(SNES) in the picture. Next to him is a character looking a bit like Mario.

Sign in to follow this