NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Raining_again

Photography: Creative or technical?

What makes the best results?

I usually just point and shoot its not really a matter of lighting conditions or anything for me. I just think..wow this would make an awesome photo.

Heres some i have taken, based purely on my creativity:

img-0003.jpg

img-0028-1.jpg

img-0044-1.jpg

Edit: taken by a really crappy camera from my samsung d600

Thoughts?

The secret to photography is persistance - just keep taking pictures until you get a good one! I like the top one best also - the light reflecting off the water and greenery is most eye-catching.

Nice pictures there, I also have to agree with the two people below, that the top one is the best one. It also depends on when you take your photo.

Okay well i didnt want to get in it for bumping old threads. Yeah I personally like the third one myself, Haver, but im far from good. A few pointers is always appreciated.

Edit: and actually those two threads arent really the same tbh, i was suggesting discussing technical vs creative. From what i grasp they are general photography threads =)

You have the phone above mine, and yesm the camera is pretty damn good for a phone :)

I like the top one the most (though thats not to say i don't like the others), and think sometimes creativity works, and sometimes technicality works. It's all to do with what is needed.

The third photograph is much better than the other two. It obeys some design principles that I don't really know that well, other than that they're principles (see Centre of Interest and Dominant Lines) and they make the shot a good one.

The only thing I would disagree on is that the 1st and 2nd, whether intentionally or not, use the sunlight much more interestingly :)

the 2nd was intentional...i like the wee twinkle you get in photos....the third was taken when the clouds went over and it got really windy...

Sign in to follow this