NEurope
Enigma

Revolutions Name

Do you hope the name for Revolution will change?  

127 members have voted

1. 1. Do you hope the name for Revolution will change?

• No, I hope it will be Revolution.
    • Yes, I hope they´ll change it.

So how about it? Do you want the Revolution to keep its name or would you like it to change? If you would like it to change, what name would it be?

I personally would like to keep Revolution.

I think it's too risky naming it 'Revolution', it could still flop. Something simple like Gamecube. N5 sounds cool.

revolution is ok... but I still want it changed. N5 sounds a bit dull, if they release an "N5" I hope the release a "PN5-SC500" etc.

I really hope they don't call it Revolution. I sort of like the title "Pandora", you know, with Pandora's Box being an advertising theme. That, or the Nintendo Happy Joybox 5000.

I HOPE it's called revolution, though I THINK it will be called someting a bit more streamlined and tech-savvy - something like N5 or iGame. I mean, you may as well go the whole hog on ripping off Apple :)

If the specs, the controller, the games, the advertising and anything else that matters is superb they can call it Revolution otherwise Nintendo needs to think about another name. So basicly change the name because it won't be a Revolution.

Could have done with a "I don't mind what the name is" option.

Personally it really doesn't matter to me. It'll be about what the console offers, not what it's called.

Could have done with a "I don't mind what the name is" option.

Personally it really doesn't matter to me. It'll be about what the console offers, not what it's called.

Clearly, "My first home console" , would be a good choice though eh?

Give me an online Mario Kart with voice chat, and easily to set up parties and the like (and Bowser a decent driver) and I'd buy it.

Personally i never liked the name Revolution, the console needs to have a name that is comfortable to say in a sentece e.g.:

"Go away i'm playing the Playstation," sounds much better than;

"Go away i'm playing the Revolution."

And it needs to be able to be shortend like how Playstation 2 becomes PS2.

But it also needs to sound distant from the competition.

Or 'My first UNIQUE console' . Revo is unique, it is a revolution in gaming. Give us more features about it then my minds made up on what the name should be. At the current moment, they should stick with it.

I think Revolution is good for hyping but it might sound too arrogant in the shops. The name's pretty good but I think Nintendo should come up with another name. Besides, if you're talking about a 'Revolution' it's not clear that you're talking about Ninty's next console.

Especially when it's just a glorified EyeToy, really.

(I was joking, stop spitting!)

I'd be quite happy for them to keep the name 'Revolution' . It makes a statement with their intentions and I have got so used to referring to it by that name anyway.

Hmmmm i cant really say i mena i like the name revolution but i would like them to change it to something cooooler :D

I'd rather it stayed as Revolution, but the 'Nintendo Phoenix' would be awesome, because like a phoenix, its like gaming has died and is now being reborn.

I dont mind Revolution, but i think the best name possible for a Nintendo console would be;

The Nintendo MEGATON