NEurope
Enigma

Revolutions Name

Do you hope the name for Revolution will change?  

127 members have voted

1. 1. Do you hope the name for Revolution will change?

• No, I hope it will be Revolution.
    • Yes, I hope they´ll change it.

lmbo the MEGATON. Finally us Nintendo fans would get what we have been craving since the rumours started. I personally dont mind Revolution being the name. It has a good chance of being called that in my eyes as the name has been around for ages now and people seem know what you are on about when you talk about the Nintendo Revolution so it has already made a name for itself.

I do like the RES idea that someone has already said. It takes Nintendo back to its roots....to simipler times which seems to be what Nintendo are going for.

I really hope they don't call it Revolution. I sort of like the title "Pandora", you know, with Pandora's Box being an advertising theme. That, or the Nintendo Happy Joybox 5000.

Yeah 'Pandora' has a good ring to it. As long as it's not got the word 'game' in it or a load of numbers I'm happy

Yes, like HERO-OF-TIME said, they are aiming to create a simple yet intuitive way of controlling games just like the old days. So, I also think that N.I.S (Nintendo Intuitive System) wouldn't be so bad :D:D!!! (as you have discovered by now, I'm an addicted to NES lol)

Just my 2 cents :heh:

i like the name revolution, tis what it is known as now, so might as well keep it, worked for the ds.

change it!!! The codename was good "revolution" because it is a revolution but it needs a new name like global play mate and it can be shortened to gpm!!! lol maybe not

I'm not really that bothered what they call it, but if Nintendo change it, it should be to something long and over complicated like the Ultimate Legendary Nintendo Gaming System of Power and Mystery.

I think it's too risky naming it 'Revolution', it could still flop. Something simple like Gamecube. N5 sounds cool.

Yeah, because 'Revolution' doesn't sound cool. It also sounds slightly braggy and it just doesnt have IT!! Heh.

I think N5 is a far cooler name. It's Simple, short & cool. They should use it.

I hate that name, it's only makes it harder to make a logo for.

That's also a good point.

I do like Nintendo ON.

Nintendo Active, is my personal favourite.

But it spells NA

As in: "Na, aint gonna buy that shit!!" haha!!

But it spells NA

As in: "Na, aint gonna buy that shit!!" haha!!

LOL that was very funny

Nintendo Revolution System, or NRS has a nice ring to it.

Now that is something I like, but the only downside is theres now vowel in it, so you cant say it in one sylibal. But saying it as N-R-S is good with me :hehe:

I think it should be called RES - Revolution Entertainment System :D:D!!!

Hey, that sounds pretty awesome. RES (pronounced 'rez') - Revolutionary Entertainment System. Good idea.

Personally, I'm rooting for Nintendo Waffler.

Nintendo Consoles

1 . Nintendo Entertainment System

2 . Super Nintendo Entertainment System

3 . Nintendo 64

4 . GameCube

As for the next gen Nintendo console name i think it needs to be Called

Nintendo Virtual Entertainment System

What do you all think ?

VES? I don't like the sound of that. Or RES.

I'd prefer a new name like Dolphin.

But that was the name of the Cube.

How about Nexus...heheh, that sounds cool, and was the name of that made up one.

How about

Nintendo R ..... R for Revolution obviously

or

Nintenstation !!!! lol... ok so that one would suck

or

Nintendo Space

or

..... ermm i have run outta ideas.... maybe they should stick with Revolution because it suits it so well

I've *always* hated the name Revolution o.O;; it sounds too... cheesy... "HAIL TO THE REVOLUTION"... nah. It's hardly a revolution, anyway. n_n Though I'd prefer it over something with "Game" in front of it.

I think they should keep it!

They've said it will revolutionise gaming so they should stick to their guns and keep the title!!!