NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
The3rdChildren

The new Debit Card Monopoly.

Looks like big changes are happening with the newest version of Hasbro's beloved board game. The news article is here, but in brief the cash is being replaced with some debit card system, the dog and iron are being replaced by a burger and a mobile phone and the properties and prices are being updated too.

Of course the regular version will still be produced, but would any of you want to play this new version of Monopoly? I for one wouldn't. One of the biggest lures of Monopoly is hoarding your cash in your sock to create the illusion of defeat, only to whip out your stash at the last moment and spank the person whose hotel you landed on across the face with a large wad of fifties. How am I supposed to do that with a debit card?

Anyone else have any thoughts?

So no more cheating :(

-Yeer I agree having the notes was kinda of cool, surley it should also allow you to get into dept being a credit card. :D

the original will probably always be the best version of monopoly but I find the debit card money thing quite cool though..

So no more cheating :(

-Yeer I agree having the notes was kinda of cool, surley it should also allow you to get into dept being a credit card. :D

Its a debit card, its harder to get into debt with a debit card.

Wait... if it's automatic, then you can't say "pay up, loser!" What the hell! And also, 2,000,000 when you pass go? does that mean the final property will cost 4,000,000? I can just see that game.

"oh man, my cell phone landed on the hamburger's hotel!"

"Yeah, machine, send the 5,000,000 to me!"

"NOOOOOOO!!! oh well. I get 2,000,000 every pass."

Another thing that sucks is they took out the two playing pieces that come together to create what I believe is the ultimate Monopoly playing piece: Surfing Dog.

Yes, due to the moulding on the dog, he has a slit in his bottom that just fits him over the iron's handle perfectly, creating the illusion he is surfing.

the dog and iron are being replaced by a burger and a mobile phone and the properties and prices are being updated too.

Aww, what the fuck?? The dog was boss, he could do headstands!! Monopoly will never be the same :cry:

I don't like the sound of the automatic debitting either, it's all about trying to sneak past someone's properties without them noticing, or shouting rent when you see them on yours.

I don't like the sound of the automatic debitting either, it's all about trying to sneak past someone's properties without them noticing, our shouting rent when you see them on yours.

I agree, and also half the fun, was trying to pay off a hotel visist with a station or watter works and get out of jail card.

Maybe it's for stupid people who can't count. At least they're keeping the old version, or we would probably have to start an angry mob.

Yeah, the whole fun of Monopoly is laughing at your sister when she lands on your Park Lane hotel and demanding she pays you in cold hard CASH. And then throwing the money up in the air and dancing in it... no more.

The electronic version looks like a hunk of shit.

I for one wouldn't. One of the biggest lures of Monopoly is hoarding your cash in your sock to create the illusion of defeat, only to whip out your stash at the last moment and spank the person whose hotel you landed on across the face with a large wad of fifties.

Your opponents were really stupid enough not to notice this :wtf:

stranger things have happened.

me and my cousins are Monopoly regulars. any missed rent oppotunity is customarily celebrated by the oppotunistic shit in the situation mimicing Cloud from FFVII during the squats mini game in Midgar.

Monopoly is the greatest board game ever, nothing will replace the old version.

*goes and asks parents if they want a game*

it'd be a boring version of the game to play! gimme pokemon monopoly anyday over that new crap. still i'll probably have to buy it for my mom for her birthday or something, she hates flowers and all that feminine shit, but she loves monopoly. unusual but hey everyones different.

bring back the dog though, he's been my token since i was too small to even realise what a mortgage was.

BRING BACK THE DOG!!!

i have loads of versions and this will be another one to add it looks fun TBH and it is gadgetty that has sold it to me.

How can you get rid of the Iron???? The Iron was the best damn peice.

Oh darling, put that 200 on my card will you, i believe i jsut passed go

I have the New updated Irish version of it - where you get €2,000,000 for passing go. Its a little ridiculous with all the 0's at the end, technically its just the same.

The properties are all updated on it too. You can buy the Spire, Croke Park and Lansdowne Road etc.

No Debit card thingy in it but Im sure that will be in the next one

I think I'll stick to the original.

This new version sounds like a bad April Fool joke.

burgers and debit cards are the staples of my life, i have no 'beef' with this whatsoever

I've only played Monopoly once.

At school, during lunch. With the "Monopoly: Birmingham Edition".

I've bought Centenary Square! :grin:

Property board game Monopoly is swapping its iconic bank notes for debit cards and replacing the dog and iron playing counters with a burger and a mobile phone in a bid to catch up with the times.

So Dogs and Irons don't exist anymore?!?

Doesn't EVERYONE like the dog though :wtf: What arse chose to take him out?!?

Isn't theresomething worse to take out?.....

So Dogs and Irons don't exist anymore?!?

Doesn't EVERYONE like the dog though :wtf: What arse chose to take him out?!?

Isn't theresomething worse to take out?.....

Dogs are extinct.

Irons are removed due to 'haunting memories' Female supremisists(sp?) constantly bitch about.

Noo....not the Zelda OOT/MM style of dog..bring it back.

Can't they get rid of the useless cannon instead?

And, replace it with something decent.....like a mug.

Sign in to follow this