NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Ollie

Help me choose a digital camera

So I got some money for my Birthday on friday and I would like to buy a digital camera, I have done a lot of research myself but thought some of you might have cameras that you could recommend.

My mum and my aunty both swear by the Canon Ixus range and I am quite tempted by the Ixus 750.

I have a budget of roughly £200-300 but would like to get something a bit lower down in that range so that I can get extras like a 2nd battery/case/large SD card.

I have also heard good things about the Nikon Coolpix 5900, however I think it has been around a while now.

I think I have come to the conclusion that for that sort of money you can't really buy a 'bad' camera per-se, however it is important that I get one I am happy with as it isn't something I want to be upgrading in 6 months time.

Thanks in advance for your help :awesome:

isn't something I want to be upgrading in 6 months time.

I dont think any camera that costs £200 will need upgrading in 6 months time. Unless the owner is very greedy. http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B000B66HG4/202-6536930

0714213?v=glance&n=560798

I was recently looking at that one, it seems very good, have herd good things about Fuji. Although it does use an xD memory card if that makes any difference to you.

The best brands out there that I can think of are Nikon, Canon, Sony and Fuji. All cameras that I have used by them are great imo.

Personally I hate Kodak's.. Sluggish, hard to use, cheap and light feel to them and crappy quality - in my experience.

I'd suggest just looking around, see if there's any good online guides out there and post links to any good models out there for us to scrutinise :P

Well I looked at the camera that iPaul suggested and it looks very good. Seem's to get 5 stars in most places, plus its not only cheap on amazon but its £20 off atm as well!

I have also been talking to a friend of mine at work today who has just bought a fuji digital SLR and said that is brilliant.

So right now that is the camera I like the look of, but the Sony cyber shots seem to be very good too.....theres just so much choice! But like I said to mum, better that than no choice!

Personally I hate Kodak's.. Sluggish, hard to use, cheap and light feel to them and crappy quality - in my experience.

Seconded. Although the camera itself was quite easy to use, I'm sure the software bundeld fucked up my PC, as well as just being a crap piece of software which I never used after installation :angry:

Sign in to follow this