NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Hem

The Poker Thread

It's becoming increasingly popular, especially online (texas hold-em), but how many of you forum goers play it? Whether it be online or with friends, I always think Poker has a somewhat negatively ignorant view by most people who don't fully understand that it's not all luck and it really is quite an intelligent game to play.

I personally play it online at VC Poker (vcpoker.com) and sometimes at Paradise Poker (paradisepoker.com). However, I prefer playing it in person for real money, as it always adds a exciting edge to the game.

What about you?

Its an alright game, but can get very boring if you keep getting crappy hands (i.e. me) and have no money to gamble (i.e. me again)

Well it's not that fun online, unless you bet real money, but it's still good practice playing online.

Me and my friends regularly get together to play Texas Hold-Em. It is a fun game, but like Blackfox said, it does get boring when the most you ever get is a pair of something.

It has to be played for money though, otherwise it just isn't fun and everyone gets silly with their bets.

me and my friends often have a poker night texas hold em style and have a good laugh, im quite new to the game and only played a few times so havent won yet but always have a good time.... we are having a poker night next friday actually! should be awesome. i dont really play onlin i have a couple of times to learn how to play and get used to it but i much prefer playing with mates.

Platty plays poker with me and my bro, we have 2 good pokwer chip sets, i play online a bit. i find it a good game!

Platty plays poker with me and my bro

yes who always beat me and take my money! but dont worry i have money to burn!

yeah I like poker we play it now and then although never for money on account of us being poor tax dodging students :)

I have never played poker, on account that I dont have a clue how to play it :p.

Would like to be able to though and blow all my money on a trip to Vegas :p

It's really popular at my school, and I've even played a game once or twice (even though I don't know what the hell I'm doing), but now it is a great offence to play poker or any card games in school now, even if it's not for money. Now, if you are caught playing cards, you and your parents will be called to the headmaster to discuss your future at the school. Daft, I say.

Now, if you are caught playing cards, you and your parents will be called to the headmaster to discuss your future at the school. Daft, I say.

what the....? why would a school do that what on earth is wrong with playing cards! bah whatever next changing the school dinner menu....oh wait...

Sign in to follow this