Retro_Link

Nintendo Collectables!

Update!

They have a poll on the website (http://www.first4figures.com), asking;

I want my Twilight Princess Link statue:

- Right Handed

- Left Handed

- Don't mind, just get me one!

I CANNOT WAIT to see Link from Twilight Princess!

I guess they'll show the figure around the launch of the game (which isn't all that far away now!!).

Now then,

Left Handed = Classic, Right Handed = Twilight exclusive,

I think I'd rather the figure be the traditional Left Handed Link!

I'd rather see some Ocarina of Time characters than Majoras Mask.. although I have to say that Skull Kid does look mighty tempting. A more traditional Link would have worked far better than Fierce Deity Link as the first release, but nobody cares what I think.

It would be great if First4 made some kinda 3d wall plaque depicting this image in sculpt:

zeldaposter.jpg

I'm actually more likely to pick up their Samus statue than the Fierce Deity Link one. Reasonable price too.

I'd rather see some Ocarina of Time characters than Majoras Mask..

It would be great if First4 made some kinda 3d wall plaque depicting this image in sculpt:

I'm actually more likely to pick up their Samus statue than the Fierce Deity Link one. Reasonable price too.

That's a great price for Samus! I might think about getting that at some stage, but at the moment I'm just waiting for the ones I REALLY want.

They have said that they will be making an OOT series!

They've already announced;

- Young Link

- Sheik

- Ganondorf VS Link Diorama

- Dark Link.

- Link with Ocarina (is also to be made according to play.com and will attach to Sheik)

- They've also had opinion polls for Deku Tree and (I think) Saria.

Sheik can be pre-ordered at http://www.play.com (though it hasn't been announced on the official website yet, so it may be a while!)

That's a great price for Samus! I might think about getting that at some stage, but at the moment I'm just waiting for the ones I REALLY want.

They have said that they will be making an OOT series!

They've already announced;

- Young Link

- Sheik

- Ganondorf VS Link Diorama

- Dark Link.

- Link with Ocarina (is also to be made according to play.com and will attach to Sheik)

- They've also had opinion polls for Deku Tree and (I think) Saria.

Sheik can be pre-ordered at http://www.play.com (though it hasn't been announced on the official website yet, so it may be a while!)

Dark Link seems a lame choice for a figurine, as does Deku Tree. If they were going to make it a diorama of that piece of Deku Tree/Link artwork... cool, but if it's just going to be the Deku Tree I think I'll pass.

Dark Link seems a lame choice for a figurine, as does Deku Tree. If they were going to make it a diorama of that piece of Deku Tree/Link artwork... cool, but if it's just going to be the Deku Tree I think I'll pass.
Yeah Dark Link does seem a rubbish idea; surely it's just going to be a Link figurine painted Black!

Yeah, Deku Tree will only be good if it's the same Deku Tree/Link scene as in the Ocarina of Time artwork.

I think this would make a great addition;

volvagia.gif

Update

Trace

The first collectable in the Metroid Prime Hunters series;

News_68_photo1_large.jpg

News_68_photo2_large.jpg

Not a particularly interesting addition!

After the AWESOME Samus collectable (see previous page), I'd have prefered them to show Phazon Suit Samus, Dark Samus, Samus' Ship etc... next!

Yeah, can we have some decent statues please First4? At this rate nobody is even going to buy the initial release ones and they will no doubt abandon the license before we get to the real figures.

I like that one of Trace, I'd love to collect all these but money wise, i cant.

Im sick of waiting for them to release the Deity Link, I have had the thing on pre-order or ages and to top it off the Shiek model has been put back til next year.

Im sick of waiting for them to release the Deity Link, I have had the thing on pre-order or ages and to top it off the Shiek model has been put back til next year.
Have you e-mailed them to see when it's being sent out?

Have you e-mailed them to see when it's being sent out?

Yeah, I emailed them in Oct and they said they would start shipping them in Nov. I know its still early November but I would like to know whats going on with the thing, also Play.com has the Link model down for Dec release now.

cause samus and oni link arent interesting enough?

I'm not saying they aren't interesting enough. Samus herself is a very good piece of resin and would display great alongside her ship. These Hunters figures, taken from the poorest entry into the Metroid franchise to date, are totally unecessary and pushing out the development of more recognised/key figures from the series like Ridley.

Zelda is kind of in the same boat...

They're focussing too much on the wrong characters so early on. Everyone loves a badass with makeup on, but there are characters who should be taking priority way over Fierce Deity Link. Princess Zelda, Young and Adult Link, Ganondorf? Even the bloody sages! At least releasing Sheik second is right... but Sheik should be accompanying a regular or Child Link, not a character from an entirely different game.

Don't get me wrong, all the statues are very nice but they really should have chosen more iconic pieces to kick start the Zelda series. They seem to be creating statues of characters from less popular games in a franchise when it would make far more sense to just go through Ocarina of Time and then Majoras Mask to reward the fans who actually know who the hell Fierce Deity Link is! A character only playable right at the end of the game, a place most gamers never even reached.

I suppose at the end it just boils down to me having a personal gripe with toy lines that start out releasing SUPER COOL LOOKING characters and sometimes as a result of it not surviving a healthy number of waves certain key characters are never produced. This has happened with the NECA Resident Evil 4 toy line where Ashley, although not the most toy-friendly character, was completely cast aside in favour of several less important, yet more toy-friendly characters.

I'd say her absence in series 1 was probably warrented, but in series 2 as well just rubbed salt into the wound. If there's not a series 3 with her in then imo the line is always going to be an incomplete display.

What's going to happen with First4 before they decide to stop releasing Zelda figures? Are we going to get Fierce Deity Link, Sheik, Skull Kid, Deku Tree and Twilight Princess Link instead of a regular Ocarina of Time Link? That's going to make for a real mish-mashy display.

---

Wow, reading back through this I am such a goddamned toy nerd.

They're focussing too much on the wrong characters so early on. Everyone loves a badass with makeup on, but there are characters who should be taking priority way over Fierce Deity Link. Princess Zelda, Young and Adult Link, Ganondorf? Even the bloody sages! At least releasing Sheik second is right... but Sheik should be accompanying a regular or Child Link, not a character from an entirely different game.

What's going to happen with First4 before they decide to stop releasing Zelda figures? Are we going to get Fierce Deity Link, Sheik, Skull Kid, Deku Tree and Twilight Princess Link instead of a regular Ocarina of Time Link? That's going to make for a real mish-mashy display.

I emailed them recently about future collectables and I think they said OOT Link should be up on the site in 6 weeks or so, ready for pre-order.

They are also planning on making Darunia, which is a cool edition,

and Zora Link, which whilst very cool, I would agree in saying it's not of great priority!

Would prefer to use the money to buy actual games or even perhaps food/groceries to survive.

Waste o' money.

Depends if your a collector of games stuff, if you are ( like me ) then this is a must have item.

Just got an email from them last night saying that I have been charged for the Firece Deity statue and its shipping so all of us who ordered it from various websites should get it before Christmas....hopefully.

News_70_photo3_large.jpg

News_70_photo5_large.jpg

News_70_photo1_large.jpg

Looks great apart from the last photo where Link looks wierd!

Definately the best Link collectable out there though.