NEurope
Retro_Link

Nintendo Collectables!

Couldn't find the non-Nintendo collectables thread, but it's kind of Nintendo-y...

Cor blimey.

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Ike said:

Couldn't find the non-Nintendo collectables thread, but it's kind of Nintendo-y...

In fact, there was something I wanted to post there as well.

I've never played Final Fantasy 7, but I love these polygonal figures shown off at TGS:

Square-Enix-TGS-2019-007.jpg

• Thanks 2

This totally flew under my radar..

While I usually don't go for the figmas.. I may yet again make an exception for one of my 15 Three Houses waifus. She can battle my Lucina..

They've only showed the unpainted version until now. Not out until July though. :cry:

Anyone else pick up one of these in the last few days? They're sold out now but the creator has said he will try and get more printed in future. Original sale was limited to 90 copies, they sold out within a couple of minutes. Yesterday's second batch of 200 copies sold out WITHIN ONE MINUTE. The designer even went as far as giving every person who ordered one of the original 100 a unique hand drawn cover!

Incredible artwork, and obviously inspired by that early style during the LOZ/Zelda II days, (which I actually wish Nintendo would return to for Zelda instead of the more light-hearted tone they've shifted to since ALTTP/OOT)

Edited by Ronnie
  • Like 1

That looks really cool! I was never a huge fan of the older Zelda games but if there was something similar for games that I was a big fan of I would really want to buy one of these.

Let me bump this again.

Argh I don't have the money currently for these things! :cry:

On 02/07/2020 at 12:55 PM, Ronnie said:

Anyone else pick up one of these in the last few days? They're sold out now but the creator has said he will try and get more printed in future. Original sale was limited to 90 copies, they sold out within a couple of minutes. Yesterday's second batch of 200 copies sold out WITHIN ONE MINUTE. The designer even went as far as giving every person who ordered one of the original 100 a unique hand drawn cover!

Incredible artwork, and obviously inspired by that early style during the LOZ/Zelda II days, (which I actually wish Nintendo would return to for Zelda instead of the more light-hearted tone they've shifted to since ALTTP/OOT)

If anyone wants this it's back in stock, but be quick, it'll likely be sold out in minutes

https://gumroad.com/l/QYvKca

Pre-orders are up for some Mario 35th anniversary merch on the European Nintendo shops. 

Link to the UK one, but they are also available on for example the Dutch shop via Nintendo.nl so I'm guessing every Euro shop has them up:

https://store.nintendo.co.uk/super-mario-35th-anniversary/super-mario-bros-35th-anniversary-collection-nintendo-tokyo-exclusive-collection.list

2.1_2000x1000_NUKStore_SMB35thAnniversar

Edited by Vileplume2000

WONFES

1.jpg

Spoiler

31.jpg

216.jpg

248.jpg204.jpg

Plus some other cool ones, but these were the Nintendo ones, except for Sakuna, which I was actually hoping for.

Edited by Sméagol

It looked cool, until I looked closer and saw that it's all just random Gen 1 Pokémon... And boy, I kinda hate how lazy the choices were. The only one I agree with is Rapidash Knight.

Ignoring the fact that Pikachu is both the King and Queen pieces, and looks nearly identical. Nidoking and Nidoqueen are RIGHT THERE, begging to take those spots! There are even Pokémon literally based around chess pieces (Pawniard and Bisharp) and they are nowhere to be seen! Massive Fail!

Then again, that would qualify it as official Gen 5 merch that doesn't include the starters or cover legendaries, and we just can't have that, can we?

So yeah, morning rant over.

• Like 1

WonFes got totally forgotten with al the Direct excitement.

This is the only first party merchandise I can find:

63.jpg

Plenty of game merchandise though, but a lot for Playstation fans.

I'll post some others later, and perhaps it's good to have a separate WonFes thread, despite the fact I created a general collectibles thread a long time ago.

Missed (?) the Nia pre-order (somehow). :cry:

Deadline hasn't even passed yet!

<sigh>

Fire Emblem Popup Parade figures announced.

Dimitri and Felix of the Blue Lions preorders start in July, Claude and Lysithea of the Golden Deer in August. @Jonnas

• Thanks 1

It's so weird to me that Lysithea is the second-most popular Golden Deer, as she's easily the most dislikeable one.

If Claude's figure looks particularly good, I know I won't resist.